Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 273

Thread: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

  1. #191
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Both of those have already happened.
    OMG, the President was beheaded in the White House!? Seriously? When did that happen?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #192
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This might explain some of it American. The other difficulty those outside the ME have.



    US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi prince.....

    U.S. policymakers should concentrate on eliminating the threat posed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad instead of Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, according to an influential member of the Saudi Arabian royal family.

    Prince Turki bin Faisal Al Saud told CNBC at the World Economic Forum in Davos that the reason why Islamic State exists is because of what's happening in Syria and has called on U.S. authorities including the government, the Central Intelligence Agency and the military to act......snip~

    US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi Prince.
    Why doesn't he act, the sum'bitch? He's got a first class military paid for with black gold.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why doesn't he act, the sum'bitch? He's got a first class military paid for with black gold.
    Yet, not first class enough.....to take out Assad themselves, huh?

  4. #194
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don’t think we should necessarily “do nothing”, but we need to ensure that what we are doing has a positive effect and moves the system in the direction we want it moved. We can’t engage in the same failed tactics and pretend that it means we’re getting somewhere. We must take stock of reality and work within the limitations of reality so that we can effectively apply force to the system.
    Can't argue with that. Of course you never know you tactics have failed until you've tried them.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #195
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yet, not first class enough.....to take out Assad themselves, huh?
    I don't think they've really tried.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Can't argue with that. Of course you never know you tactics have failed until you've tried them.
    That is true, though I would say that 14 years later we have tried them and we have now measured that they haven't worked. I wasn't against military interventionism from the start. I don’t like going to war, but sometimes it is necessary. But this entire affair has been mishandled from the start and continues to be mishandled. We can’t blindly engage in military interventionism, there needs to be intelligence behind it. We need to have a game plan and a way to execute the game plan. Without that, we’re just spinning our wheels. And in the case of warfare, that means getting more Americans killed and spending trillions of dollars. With those stakes, we can’t afford to be stupid.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #197
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That is true, though I would say that 14 years later we have tried them and we have now measured that they haven't worked. I wasn't against military interventionism from the start. I don’t like going to war, but sometimes it is necessary. But this entire affair has been mishandled from the start and continues to be mishandled. We can’t blindly engage in military interventionism, there needs to be intelligence behind it. We need to have a game plan and a way to execute the game plan. Without that, we’re just spinning our wheels. And in the case of warfare, that means getting more Americans killed and spending trillions of dollars. With those stakes, we can’t afford to be stupid.
    Well there really is not tactic against a game of Whack-a-mole, except maybe nukes. And that's obviously not an option. Other than that, the natives have to summarily kill off these insurgents themselves.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Well there really is not tactic against a game of Whack-a-mole, except maybe nukes. And that's obviously not an option. Other than that, the natives have to summarily kill off these insurgents themselves.
    That, or you'd have to likely engage in joint police actions instead of straight up military strikes, and propaganda. Lots of pro-American propaganda. Some of the countries are straight up hostile to solving the problem, but if you're going to intervene militarily you need a plan and a way to execute that plan. Stupidity cannot be allowed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #199
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This might explain some of it American. The other difficulty those outside the ME have.



    US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi prince.....

    U.S. policymakers should concentrate on eliminating the threat posed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad instead of Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, according to an influential member of the Saudi Arabian royal family.

    Prince Turki bin Faisal Al Saud told CNBC at the World Economic Forum in Davos that the reason why Islamic State exists is because of what's happening in Syria and has called on U.S. authorities including the government, the Central Intelligence Agency and the military to act......snip~

    US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi Prince.
    Greetings, MMC.

    We should just ignore ISIS, and kill the Syrian President instead? Uh huh, that's sure some good advice there! Remind us not to ask for any further thoughts from this Saudi prince! Sheesh! Now I'm not saying Assad is not a bas****, because he might be, but not only is he getting blamed for things he didn't do - and which were proven he didn't do by outside investigators, (the rebels used the poison gas,), but he is well liked by his people; he is killing terrorists in his country; and Russia still has his back! I don't know what game the Saudi prince is playing, but he should just go back to his life of debauchery in Europe and STHU about Syria! It's also strange that he made this comment while Obama is visiting Saudi Arabia. Maybe he was misquoted?

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, MMC.

    We should just ignore ISIS, and kill the Syrian President instead? Uh huh, that's sure some good advice there! Remind us not to ask for any further thoughts from this Saudi prince! Sheesh! Now I'm not saying Assad is not a bas****, because he might be, but not only is he getting blamed for things he didn't do - and which were proven he didn't do by outside investigators, (the rebels used the poison gas,), but he is well liked by his people; he is killing terrorists in his country; and Russia still has his back! I don't know what game the Saudi prince is playing, but he should just go back to his life of debauchery in Europe and STHU about Syria! It's also strange that he made this comment while Obama is visiting Saudi Arabia. Maybe he was misquoted?

    Nah he wasn't misquoted. But the Saud would do anything to have a Country to be handed over to them/Sunni.....especially if it is Ruled by Shia. He didn't want to mention those Syrian Rebels who switched sides to ISIS. So he thinks we should be the one to go and take out Assad.

    Like you said, the Russians are backing Assad.....and so to is Iran.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •