Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77

Thread: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

  1. #61
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Germany owes money to Greece?
    See thread title

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Really?

    Can you link the post?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...post1064238947 (here), not laughed at so much

    also posted similar line on fark.com, really laughed at there , don't have the link (user nme Leader O'Cola) if you want to try and find it.

  3. #63
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...post1064238947 (here), not laughed at so much

    also posted similar line on fark.com, really laughed at there , don't have the link (user nme Leader O'Cola) if you want to try and find it.
    Bravo, you guestimated the outcome very well!

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  4. #64
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    and would have proven a powerful unifier of the German people, just as Versailles had been.
    Not once they're conquered. WWI was mostly a stalemate. It didn't end with berlin in ruins, which their fuhrer himself tried to orchestra once it was clear they would lose.

    If the allies sincerely wanted to turn it into farmland to prevent germany from any opportunity at instigating another world war, they could have done so

  5. #65
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,234

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    He has his own countrymen supporting the position. What now?
    Lol....

    Of-course they do. For nearly a decade they lived high on the hog.

    It was a Socialist dream land where a massive public sector provided great pay, awesome benefits and public sector jobs.

    But like all Socialist utopian iniatives it was doomed to fail. They ran out of other people's money.

    They're debt exceeded their revenues substantially and to make up for the lack of revenue they borrowed massive amounts of money and distributed toxic securities throughout European banks.

    And why wouldn't anyone lend them money ? According to the Greek Government they were well within the limits spelled out under the Maastricht treaty.

    Problem was the Greek Government was corrupt and withheld vital data that would have exposed their massive deficit spending.

    It doesn't surprise me that the Greek people support this idiot. Theyre predisposed to a corrupt Socialist agenda.

    Now, they're really screwed. No bank or Country in their right mind is ever going to buy another Greek bond.

    As a Country and a people all they know is the same cradle to the grave system that got them in this position in the first place.

  6. #66
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Not once they're conquered. WWI was mostly a stalemate. It didn't end with berlin in ruins, which their fuhrer himself tried to orchestra once it was clear they would lose.

    If the allies sincerely wanted to turn it into farmland to prevent germany from any opportunity at instigating another world war, they could have done so
    at the cost of never ending war, possibly. Assuming that there was no Cold War, requiring the standing up of an industrialized nation-state Germany by both sides. Good luck selling that counterfactual.

  7. #67
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,814

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    was there a state called 'germany' when romans occupied that region ?

    lets post seriously
    There was an agreement after WW2 that settled this, was there not?
    Posting seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,234

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    There was an agreement after WW2 that settled this, was there not?
    Posting seriously.
    Those agreements aren't binding to a Government who doesn't feel the need to honor its own Financial contracts.

    Greece is making it up as they go along. The only agreement they will honor is the kind that forgives its massive pile of debt.

    Oh and Im sure there will have to be a rider in that agreement " stating that they'l'll receive more bailout money.

    At no cost ofcourse.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  9. #69
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    504

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    its name was holy roman empire ,not germania
    Not during the time of Alexander the great it wasnt

  10. #70
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Greece’s new prime minister wants Germany to pay for Nazi war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Lol....

    Of-course they do. For nearly a decade they lived high on the hog.

    It was a Socialist dream land where a massive public sector provided great pay, awesome benefits and public sector jobs.

    But like all Socialist utopian iniatives it was doomed to fail. They ran out of other people's money.

    They're debt exceeded their revenues substantially and to make up for the lack of revenue they borrowed massive amounts of money and distributed toxic securities throughout European banks.

    And why wouldn't anyone lend them money ? According to the Greek Government they were well within the limits spelled out under the Maastricht treaty.

    Problem was the Greek Government was corrupt and withheld vital data that would have exposed their massive deficit spending.

    It doesn't surprise me that the Greek people support this idiot. Theyre predisposed to a corrupt Socialist agenda.

    Now, they're really screwed. No bank or Country in their right mind is ever going to buy another Greek bond.

    As a Country and a people all they know is the same cradle to the grave system that got them in this position in the first place.
    So they will run out of this credited money and they will not be able to gain more credit because no other bank will loan them in the future. That is what is going to happen?

    What about development of third kind. The animosity caused between Greece and EU is sure to be exploited from other world leading countries, such as: Russians (same religion), Chinese, Indians, etc.

    They could land Greeks money in return for anti-EU and USA "favors."
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •