Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Muskogee, Oklahoma police have released body camera video of a deadly officer-involved shooting last Saturday.Terence Walker, 21, was shot by Officer Chansey McMillin after a confrontation outside Old Agency Baptist Church Jan. 17 around 4 p.m., Scripps station KJRH reported.
    Muskogee Police Department spokesman Cpl. Mike Mahan said McMillin was responding to a domestic call at a wedding where a man was allegedly verbally threatening to kill a woman.

    Information released by Mahan Friday says witnesses at the church said Walker told the woman "he had a bullet with her name on it."
    McMillin's body camera video shows the officer approaching Walker outside the church. When McMillin attempts to search Walker, Walker flees.
    After a short foot chase, Walker appears to drop something, which police say is a gun. Mahan says investigators believe "the video clearly shows the suspect pointing the gun at the officer."

    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/oklahoma-police-release-body-camera-video-of-deadly-officer-involved-shooting
    Ok, so now here is an officer involved shooting with body camera...Does it make a difference for anyone in here? Or should this guy have been allowed to run away too?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    I cannot view the video, but it is a close call based on the print version. If he dropped the gun and was trying to pick it up, I would need to see if it appeared as if he was trying to point it. Sounds like maybe he was just trying to grab the evidence with his prints on it since he was running away from the officer.

  3. #3
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I cannot view the video, but it is a close call based on the print version. If he dropped the gun and was trying to pick it up, I would need to see if it appeared as if he was trying to point it. Sounds like maybe he was just trying to grab the evidence with his prints on it since he was running away from the officer.
    No, there is a point where you can clearly see him retrieve the gun, and point at the officer for a brief second and then start to run again...and was shot at that moment....It's too bad you can't view the clip, cuz that's kind of the point.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #4
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, there is a point where you can clearly see him retrieve the gun, and point at the officer for a brief second and then start to run again...and was shot at that moment....It's too bad you can't view the clip, cuz that's kind of the point.
    Yeah I will look for it on youtube. I am boycotting flashplayer right now.

  5. #5
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so now here is an officer involved shooting with body camera...Does it make a difference for anyone in here? Or should this guy have been allowed to run away too?
    I'm not sure I follow. He pointed a gun at a police officer. Run away "too?" What are you comparing this to?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #6
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'm not sure I follow. He pointed a gun at a police officer. Run away "too?" What are you comparing this to?
    What am I comparing this too? Are you serious?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #7
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What am I comparing this too? Are you serious?
    Who pointed a gun at a police officer and was let go? I don't watch the news, I'm not familiar with such a case.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #8
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Who pointed a gun at a police officer and was let go? I don't watch the news, I'm not familiar with such a case.
    Come on back when you what to have an honest discussion...For you that may take some time....if ever.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so now here is an officer involved shooting with body camera...Does it make a difference for anyone in here? Or should this guy have been allowed to run away too?
    It shows how little time and how quickly an officer has to make a decision on wether someone is a threat. Which, to me, makes a lot of the second guessing that goes on by some inconsequential.

  10. #10
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    It shows how little time and how quickly an officer has to make a decision on wether someone is a threat. Which, to me, makes a lot of the second guessing that goes on by some inconsequential.
    True...So, if we didn't have the body camera footage, how long would you think it would have taken people to start saying that this guy was just another example of black people being gunned down by the cops....? Hell, even some at the scene tried to say he had dropped his cell phone and the footage showed that to be false....

    Now, all of the sudden those that were all over the Brown case are somehow mute to this one, or they play obtuse as to the connection of danger that faces our LEO's, or supposedly see nothing to talk about here.

    So, I guess in a way body camera's work.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •