Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Come on back when you what to have an honest discussion...For you that may take some time....if ever.
    No, I seriously don't know which "armed person who is a threat to officer" case you're talking about.

    Unless you're comparing this to an unarmed person's encounter with police? Why would you expect the same response from people if one suspect was armed and the other was not?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #12
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, I seriously don't know which "armed person who is a threat to officer" case you're talking about.

    Unless you're comparing this to an unarmed person's encounter with police? Why would you expect the same response from people if one suspect was armed and the other was not?
    The discussion I was trying to have is really two fold...1. This is among the first incidents out there since the use of body camera's came into play. And 2. Comparing this to the Brown case in Mo, where Brown fought the LEO for his gun, and then after running, turned and was approaching the officer again in a threatening manner, this one has similar aspects in that in both the LEO felt that at points the suspect turned toward them and presented a threat....They were shot.

    Now, if you want to say that in order to debate the situation, that they must be 100% identical, then I would say that is not an honest argument because rarely are two situations the same. Or if you want to say that no one was disputing the shooting here, that isn't true either, witnesses tried to say it was a cell phone the man was reaching for....

    So, anyway I hope that clears it up for you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #13
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The discussion I was trying to have is really two fold...1. This is among the first incidents out there since the use of body camera's came into play. And 2. Comparing this to the Brown case in Mo, where Brown fought the LEO for his gun, and then after running, turned and was approaching the officer again in a threatening manner, this one has similar aspects in that in both the LEO felt that at points the suspect turned toward them and presented a threat....They were shot.

    Now, if you want to say that in order to debate the situation, that they must be 100% identical, then I would say that is not an honest argument because rarely are two situations the same. Or if you want to say that no one was disputing the shooting here, that isn't true either, witnesses tried to say it was a cell phone the man was reaching for....

    So, anyway I hope that clears it up for you.
    1. Yes, a body camera provides proof of what happened. There's a lack of trust that police accounts of incidents are accurate. There's no arguing against a camera capturing the event. Camera's protect police and the public.

    2. It's not the Brown incident. Turning around and pointing a weapon is not the same as turning around "in a menacing manner" unarmed.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #14
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,042
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The discussion I was trying to have is really two fold...1. This is among the first incidents out there since the use of body camera's came into play.
    No, you're wrong, BUT I'm sure you're used to that. The Dillon Taylor incident happened way before this.

    Nobody complained about the Dillon Taylor shooting because the camera clearly showed that Taylor did indeed "reach for his waistband". Many ignorant fools were crying and whining about how there was no outrage about the shooting when there was no reason to be.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The discussion I was trying to have is really two fold...1. This is among the first incidents out there since the use of body camera's came into play. And 2. Comparing this to the Brown case in Mo, where Brown fought the LEO for his gun, and then after running, turned and was approaching the officer again in a threatening manner, this one has similar aspects in that in both the LEO felt that at points the suspect turned toward them and presented a threat....They were shot.

    Now, if you want to say that in order to debate the situation, that they must be 100% identical, then I would say that is not an honest argument because rarely are two situations the same. Or if you want to say that no one was disputing the shooting here, that isn't true either, witnesses tried to say it was a cell phone the man was reaching for....

    So, anyway I hope that clears it up for you.
    An armed person turning towards you and an unarmed person turning towards you present very different threats. Don't expect people to treat the shootings the same.

    Additionally, there are about 37 versions of the Michael Brown shooting so how a person reacts to that shooting depends largely on which version they perceive to be accurate.
    Last edited by Deuce; 01-27-15 at 06:01 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,694

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so now here is an officer involved shooting with body camera...Does it make a difference for anyone in here? Or should this guy have been allowed to run away too?
    Did the cop shoot the dead guy before or after he fled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #17
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Did the cop shoot the dead guy before or after he fled?
    In which case? This one?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #18
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,694

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    In which case? This one?
    yes, your OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #19
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    The better comparison is not the Brown case but the Crawford case. In both incidents, the individual had a gun, dropped the gun while fleeing, then darted back towards the weapon.

    Game over.

  10. #20
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oklahoma police release body camera video of deadly officer-involved shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    yes, your OP
    After...he was going to be frisked, then he turned and pushed the cop and ran. As the cop was following the perp's gun fell out, and he stopped to pick it up, he then for a brief moment pointed it at the cop, and the cop shot. It's all there on the video in the OP....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •