Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 999

Thread: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

  1. #771
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Speaking of strawmen, there is a difference between being concerned about the largely unchecked power that wealth accumulation provides individuals in our society and "class envy."
    Yeah, maybe. But whining about million dollar weddings smells a lot more like class envy than "concerns about the undue influence of great wealth". But you already know that, don't you? Just speaking of strawmen, of course.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #772
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Yeah, maybe. But whining about million dollar weddings smells a lot more like class envy than "concerns about the undue influence of great wealth". But you already know that, don't you? Just speaking of strawmen, of course.
    The thread is about excessive political influence by billionaires. You're referring to one sentence out of a thread spanning ~80 pages.

  3. #773
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Marxists reveal themselves readily with the stench of class envy that they exude.

    I didn't say they were envious of me.
    I didn't say that there weren't rich liberals.

    So why don't you just can the silly-ass strawman tactics. Strawman combined with personal insult doesn't say anything about me, but it says something about you.
    First of all, guy, you said "marxists have class envy". Now obviously you are meaning liberals here, since you are so far gone to the right that anyone left of you is a "marxist" (which is laughable in and of itself). Yeah Bill and Melinda Gates have class envy. George Soros has class envy. Matt Damon has class envy.

    The little amount of credibility you had was lost on the other thread. But yeah, according to you, they and I are all just liars. Of course, you can't prove that or show it, but it helps you sleep at night.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #774
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    The thread is about excessive political influence by billionaires. You're referring to one sentence out of a thread spanning ~80 pages.
    Oh, well, heaven forbid we make a comment on something said here unless what was said includes some of the words in the subject of the thread, huh? It's like, gee, I can't remark on that remark because that remark isn't one you want me commenting on. You're funny.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #775
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    First of all, guy, you said "marxists have class envy".
    I said Marxists are easy to detect from their class envy. It oozes from them.

    Now obviously you are meaning liberals here, since you are so far gone to the right that anyone left of you is a "marxist"
    And there you go starting with the lies.

    (which is laughable in and of itself).
    And ridiculing your own lie (strawman)

    Yeah Bill and Melinda Gates have class envy. George Soros has class envy. Matt Damon has class envy.
    Strawman complete. Now You're insinuating that I claimed Bill and Melinda gates and George Soros and Matt Damon have class envy and then proceed to ridicule your silly little dishonest fabrication and you wonder why I am convinced that liberals have a defective honesty gene, don't you?

    The little amount of credibility you had was lost on the other thread. But yeah, according to you, they and I are all just liars. Of course, you can't prove that or show it, but it helps you sleep at night.
    Yeah, you just seem to have a real challenge with honest discussion. You don't receive honesty very well and you certainly don't give any in return.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #776
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Yeah, you just seem to have a real challenge with honest discussion. You don't receive honesty very well and you certainly don't give any in return.
    Am I a Marxist? What makes unrepresented a Marxist? What makes Bill and Melinda Gates, Matt Damon, or George Soros not Marxists in comparison?

    We've already established that, since I am left of center, I am a liar. So now let's get into whether or not I am a Marxist.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #777
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I have read your arguments, and they consist of you saying something over and over as if that's proving a point.

    Explain why property rights do NOT include the air we breath. If I have no right to clean air, do you have a right to pollute as you wish? If not, why not?
    All you are doing is showing you fail to understand.



    This is the original argument and reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    We all have a right to breathe unpolluted air.
    No you don't.
    You have a right to petition the Government for redress of your grievance, but as of yet there is nothing enunciated anywhere within the Constitution that says you have a "right" to breathe unpolluted air.

    If that were the case, automobiles and chimneys would have been outlawed long ago.

    The argument is; We all have a right to breathe unpolluted air.
    That simply isn't true,

    No such right exists, not in the Constitution and no such right has been recognized by the Courts. Nor could it.
    Do you really not understand that?

    Again.
    No such "right" exists.

    Again.
    You are speaking to law. Not a "right".

    Again.
    No such "right" to unpolluted air exists, nor could it as all air is naturally polluted to some extent.





    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    ....among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...

    "among these" means that these don't constitute a definitive list.

    Where does anyone get the right to take clean air away from the rest of us?

    No such right exists.
    No such right has even been recognized by the courts. Nor could it.

    Again.
    No such "right" to unpolluted air exists, nor could it as all air is naturally polluted to some extent.

    You have failed refute that which is reality.





    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    There is no right to damage a vital resource shared by everyone by contaminating it.
    You still have failed to refute the point that no such right exists.

    Again.
    No such "right" exists.

    Again.
    You are speaking to law. Not a "right".

    Again.
    No such "right" to unpolluted air exists, nor could it as all air is naturally polluted to some extent.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #778
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Am I a Marxist? What makes unrepresented a Marxist? What makes Bill and Melinda Gates, Matt Damon, or George Soros not Marxists in comparison?

    We've already established that, since I am left of center, I am a liar. So now let's get into whether or not I am a Marxist.
    You still running with your dishonest strawman shtick, I see. By the way, I don't know if you're a liar because you are left of center or if you are left of center because you are a liar. I just know that you argue dishonestly and that you are a liberal and that I have come to expect liberals to argue dishonestly. It's a good rule with few exceptions and you aren't one of them.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #779
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Speaking of strawmen, there is a difference between being concerned about the largely unchecked power that wealth accumulation provides individuals in our society and "class envy."
    You seem very concerned about the power you believe exists with a very few vs. the power that exists with those in Congress that run a 4 trillion dollar budget. Your outrage is misguided. Unchecked power, you mean like a President changing law through executive order? You mean career politicians who enact entitlement programs to buy votes?

  10. #780
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You still running with your dishonest strawman shtick, I see. By the way, I don't know if you're a liar because you are left of center or if you are left of center because you are a liar. I just know that you argue dishonestly and that you are a liberal and that I have come to expect liberals to argue dishonestly. It's a good rule with few exceptions and you aren't one of them.
    Answer the question. What makes unrepresented a Marxist? Am I one? And why aren't Bill and Melinda Gates, Matt Damon, or George Soros Marxist?

    It's your hole - you dug it via hackery.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •