Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 999

Thread: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

  1. #701
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The company line?

    It seems to me that it would be the non union workers who would toe the company line.

    Point is, ten thousand union members kicking in a hundred bucks each is voluntary, just like one oligarch kicking in ten million. It's the same thing, and both of them expect a return on that investment (and usually get it).
    By company, I mean Union.

    I agree it's the same thing, but consider the thread title, and the message it's attempting to give. Do the Koch Bros have charitable foundations providing ideologically driven educational content to public schools? It's not just the money, it the depth and breadth of the effort. What the Koch Brothers appear to be doing pales in comparison to their ideological counterparts on the left.

  2. #702
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, that's what MA did. Do we need Obamacare? No, probably not. As you said, the states can take it on. Federal minimum wage? States could take that on, too, and have. Regulation of health insurance? States already took that on, yet the Republicans seem to want the feds to take it over. To me that seems a bit inconsistent.

    Or, consistent..... with doublethink that is.
    Glad we are in agreement, these are state issues

  3. #703
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    The other point of difference is, the greater number of citizens and extent of territory which may be brought within the compass of republican than of democratic government; and it is this circumstance principally which renders factious combinations less to be dreaded in the former than in the latter.

  4. #704
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,350

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    That's why none of this gets solved. One year the Democrats get a lot more money than the Republicans, and the next year the Republicans get a lot more money than the Democrats. Neither side wants to shut down business because they know it could spell a bad year for their party. Shameful.
    : ...

  5. #705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Still playing silly huh? Figures.
    No such right exists.
    OK if you say so. I'm happy to know I can build a smelting plant next to your home without you objecting.

  6. #706
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Glad we are in agreement, these are state issues
    and that shoots down totally the "if only insurance companies could compete across state lines" solution to the most expensive health care on Earth.

    What, again, is the Republican plan? I mean, once they overturn the ACA, what will replace it?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #707
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why? because it seemed to me that you were trying to justify Obamacare being a Federal Program and pointing to what you seemed to feel were issues showing the public supporting what you called socialized programs. You didn't seem to understand the difference between a Federal Program and state programs as well as funding. I am not against states choosing to do what MA did so tell me again why we need ACA when the states can do the same thing as MA did?
    Re-read post #639 and you'll see that you made several assumptions that were not based on what I actually wrote. I was addressing which government programs are labeled as socialist.

  8. #708
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,842

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I'm expecting that the expect, and probably will get, a good return on investment.
    Election are now the land of the rich and powerful. And they, the elected will always have debts to pay.
    Democrats and Republicans are selling out the people.
    Recall the history of the last great Republic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  9. #709
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Good for them.


    /thread

  10. #710
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,446
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL

    I know it's important to avoid understanding why.
    I know exactly why you think it is happening.

    Because simply stating that corporate fiduciary duty ****ing REQUIRES the maximization of profit for stockholders and that means exploiting the desperate elsewhere and replacing expensive workers with machines just doesn't sway swing voters, nor maintain support for what our form of capitalism has become.

    It is what it is, and we are subject to a constant barrage of persuasive messaging, squeaking the toy to distract us from what is demonstrably happening because we would never accept the current iteration of the "divvy up" and lots of folks are getting fat on the current model.

    Y'all squawk about people needing to get the skills to compete in the new economy like there would be jobs for them if they did. And basically give a big "**** You" to all the janitors and cooks and sewer screen cleaners because their efforts don't generate profits for owners, the only worthy thing for any human to do in YOUR paradise.

    Just to deconstruct one of your frames beforehand, labor cost differential completely negates any issues of taxes and regulations. One can literally get a whole small factory of semi skilled workers for 12-14 hours for what one burger flipper gets here for 8.

    Business moved to foreign labor because it was cheaper and POSSIBLE due to advances in container ship technology, computers and telecommunication.

    Because it is more profitable, plain and simple.

    Same with automation. Simple truth. Business 101. Required by law for corporate officers.

    Far too much of your rhetoric is a bald attempt to keep people from thinking about these simple, demonstrable truths. Because if they do, they will demand revision of our utterly made up economic philosophy because it is no longer serving everyone in our society. The balance of power between capital and labor has shifted too far towards capital, and capitalism is now serving the ownership class FAR better than it is serving the working class.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •