Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 999

Thread: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

  1. #181
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So do you think the Koch brothers are morons and all that money is wasted?

    And I'm not making an argument that politicians vote against "their will." What is self evident is that big money changes the dynamic of what vote maximizes a politician's self interest. They can vote against the Koch brothers and KNOW they'll face an avalance of dog crap in the next primary, or they can vote with them and receive significant financial support. Are you really contending that the money has no influence on which way a legislator votes? I don't think you can believe that. So I'm not sure what your point is.
    As I pointed out before. When you have a crappy product, you need lots of money to market it if you want it to sell.

    Business 101. The Koch's are well aware of this concept.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Originally Posted by Hard Truth Woopee! We're going to have the best President and representatives that money can buy.

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    How do you know they're the best?
    Because they're the most expensive. Everybody knows that the best stuff costs the most.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So what?

    The only people that change their vote because of campaign ads are political morons and/or the weak...I don't care who they vote for....
    Unfortunately the people who make up the Uninformed Gullible Middle are the ones that decide the outcome of elections.

  4. #184
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,241

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    As I pointed out before. When you have a crappy product, you need lots of money to market it if you want it to sell.

    Business 101. The Koch's are well aware of this concept.
    It worked for Obama.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #185
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,241

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Unfortunately the people who make up the Uninformed Middle are the ones that decide the outcome of elections.
    And sometimes they vote for the same guy I do, and sometimes they don't. That's been the case for a very long time, and money from the Kochs won't change that.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #186
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,081

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Oh, so nobody donated to democratic candidates in 2014? They all funded their own campaigns. That explains why they got their asses handed to them.
    At least they didn't spend a lot of money like the republicans did in 2012 only to have their asses handed to them.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And sometimes they vote for the same guy I do, and sometimes they don't. That's been the case for a very long time, and money from the Kochs won't change that.
    The Uniformed Gullible Middle are the ones most influenced by campaign advertising.

  8. #188
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,241

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    At least they didn't spend a lot of money like the republicans did in 2012 only to have their asses handed to them.
    The Republicans got their asses handed to them? Yes, because we all know that the only election in this country in 2012 was the Presidential election. How right you are!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,855

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    They support the candidates whose political leans are closely aligned with their own. Maverick, I know. Imagine doing that?

    There is no evidence that they bribe or influence politicians to cast a vote that the politician would not otherwise do. No problems for me. God bless the first amendment and the right to support the candidate you want.
    They certainly believe, based on tons of evidence, money does have an effect on legislative outcomes. I would also guess people at that level have a lot better grasp than I do of whether their nearly $billion in contributions have an effect or not, and this year they're committed to spending more than they did last cycle.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And they do this due to their love for their country. Thoughts are?

    Kochs Plan to Spend $900 Million on 2016 Campaign

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/us...=top-news&_r=0

    The political network overseen by the conservative billionaires Charles G. and David H. Koch plans to spend close to $900 million on the 2016 campaign, an unparalelled effort by outside groups to shape a presidential election that is already on track to be the most expensive in history.

    The goal, revealed Monday at the Kochs’ annual winter donor retreat near Palm Springs, Calif., would effectively allow their political organization to operate at the same financial scale as the Democratic and Republican parties. In the last presidential election, the Republican National Committee and the party’s two congressional campaign committees spent a total of $657 million.
    Citizens United is clearly one of the worst decisions by the Supreme Court in history. It essentially legalizes bribery. This democracy is dead.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •