Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 200

Thread: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E.

  1. #111
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    By this logic only tax payers should vote.
    If you think that human lives are an expendable government resource.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    If you think that human lives are an expendable government resource.
    Thats not what I think. But some things are worth fighting for.

  3. #113
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats not what I think. But some things are worth fighting for.
    Says the hawk typing from the safety of his home computer.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Says the hawk typing from the safety of his home computer.
    Like I said by your logic only tax payers should vote-are you advocating this?

  5. #115
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats nice. But thats not what Im supporting-we need to go in there and kill each and every terrorist and make it known that that is the new policy from here out.
    We ARE the terrorists! We funded and armed Al Qeda. WE have been funding
    Islamic fundamentalists and providing arms and training. The USA calls them
    "moderates" when yesterday they were call AQ and terrorists. Our War of Terror
    is operated by the Military Industrial Complex for profit. Same as the War on Drugs.
    Look at Libya, fer Krissakes, and remember that the rabble screwing that Nation up
    is our rabble. Hell, we even have our own CIA General Hafter aspiring to a leadership
    position in that Nation. Now that they have robbed that bank for $100 billion, maybe
    he'll be able to buy more "moderate" Islamic Fundamentalists, don't you think? Has
    he already negotiated his OIL deal with Chevron and ExxonMobil?

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    We ARE the terrorists! We funded and armed Al Qeda. WE have been funding
    Islamic fundamentalists and providing arms and training. The USA calls them
    "moderates" when yesterday they were call AQ and terrorists. Our War of Terror
    is operated by the Military Industrial Complex for profit. Same as the War on Drugs.
    Look at Libya, fer Krissakes, and remember that the rabble screwing that Nation up
    is our rabble. Hell, we even have our own CIA General Hafter aspiring to a leadership
    position in that Nation. Now that they have robbed that bank for $100 billion, maybe
    he'll be able to buy more "moderate" Islamic Fundamentalists, don't you think? Has
    he already negotiated his OIL deal with Chevron and ExxonMobil?
    If you can't see the difference between us and the terrorists, I dont think theres much to discuss.

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We will see what happens, can't predict the future-except to say that pulling out before we should helps terrorists.
    how much more in taxes are you willing to pay in order to fund the perpetual war?

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    how much more in taxes are you willing to pay in order to fund the perpetual war?
    I reject that its perpetual (do you know what that word means) and I lol at the irony of a lefty suddenly feigning fiscal responsibility.
    We are going back in, the only question is when-and the longer we wait-the worse it will be.

  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I reject that its perpetual (do you know what that word means) and I lol at the irony of a lefty suddenly feigning fiscal responsibility.
    We are going back in, the only question is when-and the longer we wait-the worse it will be.
    so in other words, you're willing to pay zero dollars in additional taxes to fund the perpetual state of war and long term occupation. i figured that's why i had to ask you three times to get that non-answer.

    back in the day, they used to have wartime tax rates. i think that we should go back to that system, and the increases should be significant. shared sacrifice. i would guess that policy might make a lot of people more hesitant in supporting a constant state of war.

  10. #120
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,550
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: On ‘Face the Nation,’ Senators Feinstein, McCain Call For More U.S. Troops In M.E

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I reject that its perpetual (do you know what that word means) and I lol at the irony of a lefty suddenly feigning fiscal responsibility.
    We are going back in, the only question is when-and the longer we wait-the worse it will be.
    I don't care how long we wait if going back in means we lose hundreds or thousands more of our young men and women for a poorly defined mission that nobody will know when or if we have accomplished it. We Americans simply have to stop doing that. The cost in blood and treasure is simply unconscionable.

    If we are going to go to war, let's declare it. And let's go with overwhelming force and do whatever we have to do to achieve unconditional surrender. And then give whoever we conquered their country back after they have set up a government and policies to our liking. If there is no way to do that, we shouldn't go at all. The terrorists have infinite time and infinite patience. All they have to do is hide out until the American people once again become too war weary to continue and so we don't finish anything. We just stop fighting the war. We've been doing that since Korea. And utlimately we leave divided countries or situations little or no better than they were to begin with.

    And I sure as heck am no lefty.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •