Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

  1. #11
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I wonder if a supreme court ruling could **** the GOP. I think the GOP could possibly benefit from the issue going away.
    well many GOPers support equal rights but unfortunately "stereo typically" they are against equal rights.

    I think it could go either way for one simple reason . . . . bigoted extremist squeaky wheels . . .

    unfortunately those types of people get the most media attention, so if it goes away theres a chance that it becomes a non-issue cause it is settled BUT bigots and extremists could always continue to cry and continue to want to know the views of GOP candidates . . and if they come out against equal rights that will hurt them
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #12
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.



    thats like 38 states depending on if we are counting stayed/partial states or not.
    here we are 25+ cases and 45+ judges ruling in favor of EQUAL RIGHTS

    this is ANOTHER judge (appointed by Bush) that ruled it unconstitutional and mentioned equal protection, due process, the 14th, marriage is fundamental right, and loving vs Virginia etc etc

    such a huge conspiracy, all this rouge activist judges LMAO

    #EqualRightsAreWinning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The bans are falling like dominos:



  3. #13
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well there goes my bet on last state to get same-sex marriage. My money is now on Mississippi.
    Both Alabama and Mississippi voters rejected controversial "personhood" laws. So.....
    ________________________________

  4. #14
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,245

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.



    thats like 38 states depending on if we are counting stayed/partial states or not.
    here we are 25+ cases and 45+ judges ruling in favor of EQUAL RIGHTS

    this is ANOTHER judge (appointed by Bush) that ruled it unconstitutional and mentioned equal protection, due process, the 14th, marriage is fundamental right, and loving vs Virginia etc etc

    such a huge conspiracy, all this rouge activist judges LMAO

    #EqualRightsAreWinning!!!!!!!!!!!!

    12 to go. Gay marriage is in 38 states..and the world hasn't ended. Times change and we get better.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  5. #15
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    12 to go. Gay marriage is in 38 states..and the world hasn't ended. Times change and we get better.
    yep imagine that


    also as a christian another day when by and my freedom to practice my religion wasn't attacked once . . . so weird
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #16
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Probably--history books are full of lies. George Washington didn't have wooden teeth.
    Right, like there were no racists in 1950s and 60s. It's just the history books are lying to us

  7. #17
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well there goes my bet on last state to get same-sex marriage. My money is now on Mississippi.
    They're pretty much one in the same. Biggest nut in the madhouse kinda thing.

    Imagine an overhead pic of 200 alabama/mississippians thrown together, and your goal is to locate the slack jawed yokel with a hat that doesn't have confederate flag. This task will put "where's waldo" to shame

  8. #18
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,771

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    The good news is people still making a mess of this issue today will end up in the history books next to racists of the 50s and 60s. And probably spoken about in similar context.
    Yes but it bothers me since I do not want to be painted with that same brush. Those people are looked at as malicious at worst and ignorant at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,771

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    They're pretty much one in the same. Biggest nut in the madhouse kinda thing.

    Imagine an overhead pic of 200 alabama/mississippians thrown together, and your goal is to locate the slack jawed yokel with a hat that doesn't have confederate flag. This task will put "where's waldo" to shame
    Apparently Michigan is only going 'kicking and screaming.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,771

    Re: Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.


    Judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in Ala.


    MONTGOMERY, Ala. A federal court Friday struck down Alabama's ban on same-sex marriage, saying it violated gay and lesbian couples' equal protection and due process rights. In a 10-page decision, Callie V.S. Granade, a district judge for the U.S. Southern District of Alabama, wrote that the state had failed to prove any "rational, much less compelling" link between prohibiting same-sex marriage and having more children raised in "the biological family structure the state wishes to promote." "The Attorney General does not explain how allowing or recognizing same-sex marriage
    Pretty much the reasons for it that many here have said the decisions would be based on. Equal protection and due process.

    *places feather in own cap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •