Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 146

Thread: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

  1. #11
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,833

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    I hope that people get in tuna fish, bread, peanut butter, water, etc...you know, the basics to feed their families so they dont whine like during Hurricane Sandy that the govt owed them. Apparently because they werent capable of keeping 3 days worth of staples in the house.

    Maybe make sure they have candles, LED lights (cheap and long lasting), blankets...you know *the basics*.

    Edit: heh, without manual can openers, I wonder how many will just look at the tuna fish cans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I hope that people get in tuna fish, bread, peanut butter, water, etc...you know, the basics to feed their families so they dont whine like during Hurricane Sandy that the govt owed them. Apparently because they werent capable of keeping 3 days worth of staples in the house.

    Maybe make sure they have candles, LED lights (cheap and long lasting), blankets...you know *the basics*.

    Edit: heh, without manual can openers, I wonder how many will just look at the tuna fish cans?
    Anything that can hold water, use it.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #13
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,933

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I hope that people get in tuna fish, bread, peanut butter, water, etc...you know, the basics to feed their families so they dont whine like during Hurricane Sandy that the govt owed them. Apparently because they werent capable of keeping 3 days worth of staples in the house.

    Maybe make sure they have candles, LED lights (cheap and long lasting), blankets...you know *the basics*.

    Edit: heh, without manual can openers, I wonder how many will just look at the tuna fish cans?
    that's the problem for us Western Washingtonians Lursa, we never have bad weather like this.

    I keep my survival gear and emergency supplies stocked, then I end up having to replace them without ever using them.

    I mean the worst we had was that windstorm 9 years ago. and that only cut power for two days... I'm really praying hard for a massive dumping snow storm while I'm off and at home....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  4. #14
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I hope that people get in tuna fish, bread, peanut butter, water, etc...you know, the basics to feed their families so they dont whine like during Hurricane Sandy that the govt owed them. Apparently because they werent capable of keeping 3 days worth of staples in the house.

    Maybe make sure they have candles, LED lights (cheap and long lasting), blankets...you know *the basics*.

    Edit: heh, without manual can openers, I wonder how many will just look at the tuna fish cans?
    It takes a high level of obtuseness to think that people were whining about tuna fish and peanut butter after Hurricane Sandy when what they were upset about was their homes being destroyed, or not having heat and electricity and not being able to buy gas for their generators
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #15
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,289

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Jeez...lots of NE fans might not have power...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  6. #16
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Meanwhile, there's a storm approaching the West coast too.


    Check it out!


    See that? 30% chance of rain tomorrow night. Brutal!
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #17
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,933

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It takes a high level of obtuseness to think that people were whining about tuna fish and peanut butter after Hurricane Sandy when what they were upset about was their homes being destroyed, or not having heat and electricity and not being able to buy gas for their generators
    well you build in a storm prone area you take the risk of getting your house blown away... I keep wondering why we need billion dollar recovery bills to bail out people who didn't insure their junk. everything I own is insured, my insurance, combined car, renters, and firearm rider is like 80 bucks a month.... cut out the cigarettes and 40 ounce malt liquors and you can afford that...

    it's like those of us who live in mild climates, like here in the PNW pay taxes to subsidize people who live in dangerprone areas and they won't even buy an 80 dollar insurance policy...

    it's like New Orleans, why in the hell was anyone under the river uninsured? we even subsidize flood insurance premiums! (which we shouldn't do because that only encourages risky development, another subject)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  8. #18
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,834

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I hope that people get in tuna fish, bread, peanut butter, water, etc...you know, the basics to feed their families so they dont whine like during Hurricane Sandy that the govt owed them. Apparently because they werent capable of keeping 3 days worth of staples in the house.

    Maybe make sure they have candles, LED lights (cheap and long lasting), blankets...you know *the basics*.

    Edit: heh, without manual can openers, I wonder how many will just look at the tuna fish cans?
    1293649633-95644700.jpg
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #19
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    well you build in a storm prone area you take the risk of getting your house blown away... I keep wondering why we need billion dollar recovery bills to bail out people who didn't insure their junk. everything I own is insured, my insurance, combined car, renters, and firearm rider is like 80 bucks a month.... cut out the cigarettes and 40 ounce malt liquors and you can afford that...
    everything of yours is insured? Why, that's awesome!!!

    But if you ever lose your house in a natural disaster, the insurance will help you get back in a home, but not in the days immediatelly following the disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #20
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,933

    Re: New York City mayor: 'Don't underestimate this storm'

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    noz_KA_BAR_02-1271.jpg


    works for everything too....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •