Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Not unless they change their constitution.


    Besides, it would be moronic if they did.

    Go to war because a bunch of lunatics killed two of their countrymen who should have known better then to be there?

    These two idiots partially brought it on themselves by being non-Muslims and voluntarily going to that part of the world at this time. You go there right now (assuming you are western/east Asian) you are just asking to be killed by some lunatic terrorist.
    If you deliberately put your head in the lions mouth, it is at least partially your fault if it bites it off.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,270

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    The estimates that I first saw were far smaller than that, I assume that ISIS must have grown significantly over the course of last year. Anyhow, it's not like they had 30,000 troops all in one place out in the open, and they just all moved in as one contiguous force. They were spread out over large portions of two different countries.

    When I first started seeing news reports about ISIS, the headlines were like "400 ISIS fighters take over XXX". Never did I see any report about thousands of ISIS amassed all in one spot. Those people ain't that stupid. Many of the ISIS units were nothing but a half dozen or so guys in a Mad Max style pickup truck accompanied by a four more fighters in a Toyota Corolla. It really doesn't take to many fighters to take over a "village" of 19 people, 24 sheep, and four camels.
    You don't make the territorial gains they've made, with 400 guys.

    Northern Iraq offensive (June 2014) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    No, it was millions, and the USA just hides our crimes and our atrocities from the public view.

    In Iraq alone it had a million person army and that is not counting its civilian population, and the illegal USA invasion simply murdered anyone in their sites and displaced virtually every citizen.

    In Afghanistan it was no different.


    It is morally bankrupt because we are the aggressors and we are the invaders.

    Other people in this world are just doing their own self defense against the violent hostilities of our American brutality and wars.



    ============================================



    So that is why.

    Thank you for explaining that.


    You are out of touch with reality Mr JP Cusick.

    The ISIS group wants to murder every American so our only choice is to kill all of them first.

  4. #54
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    504

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Wrong. ISIS took Japanese hostages because the Japanese PM pledged $200 million to help support countries fighting against ISIS (the exact same ransom amount ISIS is demanding that the hostages be freed) and that made them targets. There is a reason why terrorists attack others when they are provoked.
    I stand corrected. You are right in this case.

  5. #55
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Sounds like a job for Samurai warriors. They would show ISIS how to properly conduct a beheading.

  6. #56
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    I am born and raised here in Maryland USA, and my parents and grandparents were all Americans.

    My father's parents immigrated from Ireland in the late 1800's but my mother side has ancestors going back to the Revolutionary War.

    And I have only ever spoken English, but it was largely slang and southern style English which with lots of effort I have cleaned up my language but I can not totally refine.

    It is sad to me that so many of my fellow Americans have the view that I must join them in their racist and religious bigotries or else I am being un-American, and so many view that I need to be a warmonger as they are or else I am again being un-American, and I am expected to toot the same lies about our history or else I am being un-American.

    Or as you say I am being anti-American because my views of truth and justice are seen as being anti-American too.

    I honestly see myself as pro-USA when I stand against the warmongering, and pro-USA when I stand against the lies and the bigotries.
    I am a atheist so you are barking up the wrong tree there. I am not a Republican/conservative/libertarian/rightwinger/Democrat/liberal leftwinger /leftist/rightist etc. I dont promote war (it should be avoided and a last resort). In other words none of what you mentioned would describe my position. I am sure that you are used to the par for course them and us arguments but that isnt where I came from.

    Your re-history is just too radical and being that radical it is un-American. And most of your posts sound very much like google translator. And they (your posts) seem to mimic (very closely) known propaganda campaigns by countries that hate America. Specifically you are parroting lies from very leftist groups.

    But at any rate ISIS doesnt at all (by their own words) sound like they just want to be left alone. ISIS isnt passive. SO lets just for the sake of argument say that America behaves and is what you are asserting. So what? Does it make you feel better thinking that America is bad? Do you think that ISIS will just go away and leave big old bad USA alone because you think that America sucks? It seems like your argument is that America sucks, and then it pretty much stops right there.

  7. #57
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,579

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You don't make the territorial gains they've made, with 400 guys.

    Northern Iraq offensive (June 2014) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    400 guys per location, not 30,000 all amassed in one spot.

    Anyhow, ISIS pretty much just walked in to most places. The Iraqi military and the locals often put up no fight at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #58
    The Expert
    JP Cusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hollywood, MD. USA, 20636
    Last Seen
    04-22-15 @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    They are Them and we are Us. In my book, Us is always more important than Them.
    The thing is that theirs is not any competition, as they are only defending their homeland from outsider invaders.

    It is a one-sided war, because it is us against them and they are just defending, as we are the violent aggressors and they are defending their own homes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Add into that, that they respond only to superior force and have no intention of stopping their attacks regardless of any diplomacy/etc we may attempt, and that is plenty enough reason for me to prefer them all dead.
    We the USA are the ones who are attacking THEM and we have been doing our attacking for over 14 years and continuing.

    The only terms for peace that we give is to totally surrender their own homeland to infidel invaders.

    And on top of that we demand that all of their women must take off their clothing so then they will be liberated as are the American females.

    Even here you want them all dead, so to fight back by any means is the only defense available to THEM.



    =====================================



    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The ISIS group wants to murder every American so our only choice is to kill all of them first.
    They only want to kill those Americans who are trying to take over their homeland.

    They are not attacking the USA as they are just defending their own homeland from the violent invaders.

    The fact that Americans only want to "kill them all" means that we are the monsters.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    SIGNATURE: JP Cusick
    Mr. Know-it-all, sir.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    It is certain that our own USA is pressuring Japan to war against ISIL and hopefully Japan will resist that pressure.

    The idea that beheading is something terrible seems so ridiculous to me.

    Our USA invades Muslim Countries based on our lies and we kill millions of people and displace millions of innocent citizens so what - is our kind of mass murder superior to a few people getting their heads cut off? I say not.

    Is our Drone bombs which blow up the people including the killing of bystanders some how a superior form of execution? certainly it is NOT.

    Cutting off a person's head is fairly quick and it is done, so are they expected to use a lethal injection instead?

    And surely there is no doubt that the USA pressured Japan to NOT pay the ransom money so their blood is on our hands too.

    What lies ?

    Are you referring to the old left wing talking points about Bush lying about WMDs ?

    Because that's been thoroughly debunked.

    As far as not paying ransom, that is a good policy.

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,270

    Re: Will Japan go to war with ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    400 guys per location, not 30,000 all amassed in one spot.

    Anyhow, ISIS pretty much just walked in to most places. The Iraqi military and the locals often put up no fight at all.
    It took more than 400 troops to run the Iraqi army out of those areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •