Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 432

Thread: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Balance means non-stop obstruction for the sake of sabotaging the president? You're right. I don't understand.
    There is nothing in the constitution that says congress has to work with the president.

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    02-21-15 @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    364

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Wrong. Most of America voted for Obama twice over the Republican alternative. Whatever Obama was selling, America bought it.
    All blacks voted for Obama because he's black. Most if not all dems voted for Obama because they hate reps. Everyone on welfare voted for Obama. Mexicans both legal and illegal voted for Obama because they want no border. Communist voted for Obama. Socialist voted for Obama and people that hate America voted for Obama. After a while all these little groups add up to a victory. We are now in a mainstream America VS the groups I just mentioned era and mainstream America has the right and obligation to stop or at least slow Obama in his pursuit to drag us over the left wing cliff. Eras like these come and go, the pendulum swings and thank God for our constitution which keeps those in the temporary majority from " fundamentally changing America".

  3. #383
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    All blacks voted for Obama because he's black. Most if not all dems voted for Obama because they hate reps. Everyone on welfare voted for Obama. Mexicans both legal and illegal voted for Obama because they want no border. Communist voted for Obama. Socialist voted for Obama and people that hate America voted for Obama. After a while all these little groups add up to a victory. We are now in a mainstream America VS the groups I just mentioned era and mainstream America has the right and obligation to stop or at least slow Obama in his pursuit to drag us over the left wing cliff. Eras like these come and go, the pendulum swings and thank God for our constitution which keeps those in the temporary majority from " fundamentally changing America".
    [emphasis added by bubba]

    and you voted for romney because he was white
    got it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #384
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    All blacks voted for Obama because he's black. Most if not all dems voted for Obama because they hate reps. Everyone on welfare voted for Obama. Mexicans both legal and illegal voted for Obama because they want no border. Communist voted for Obama. Socialist voted for Obama and people that hate America voted for Obama. After a while all these little groups add up to a victory. We are now in a mainstream America VS the groups I just mentioned era and mainstream America has the right and obligation to stop or at least slow Obama in his pursuit to drag us over the left wing cliff. Eras like these come and go, the pendulum swings and thank God for our constitution which keeps those in the temporary majority from " fundamentally changing America".

    lots of citations needed.

  5. #385
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're taking the ideological view to all things.
    No, I'm being practical and reasonable.

    Instead of thinking that all it will take to bring governments who disagrees with you in line or to get them to the negotiating table is to formulate a coup to overthrow said government or to beat them into submission militarily, I'm saying you use all other resources at your disposal first short of full scale war. Now, if you think that's being ideological so be it. I see that as just using common sense.

    Again, even former President Reagan was willing to negotiate with governments he didn't necessarily agree with. And he only exercised military strength once.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  6. #386
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Wrong. Most of America voted for Obama twice over the Republican alternative. Whatever Obama was selling, America bought it.
    That is true. But America also elected a House and a Senate controlled by republicans. So whatever they were selling was bought by the American people as well. The issue isn't the parties, IMHO, it is the public. We are a very sharply divided country with sharply differing ideas of what is good for the country. As long as thing remain that way nothing can or should get done.

  7. #387
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    No, I'm being practical and reasonable.

    Instead of thinking that all it will take to bring governments who disagrees with you in line or to get them to the negotiating table is to formulate a coup to overthrow said government or to beat them into submission militarily, I'm saying you use all other resources at your disposal first short of full scale war. Now, if you think that's being ideological so be it. I see that as just using common sense.

    Again, even former President Reagan was willing to negotiate with governments he didn't necessarily agree with. And he only exercised military strength once.
    Common sense, and history, suggests that Iran isn't interested in negotiations. The only thing they understand is strength and force. If you think that's being ideological, then so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #388
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,359

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    We have been told that Obama had the British PM lobby senators to vote against sanctions during his recent visit. One can only wonder why the President would be so irate that the Israeli PM also lobby, but for rather than against sanctions. Could it be that the President does not want the U.S. to really get a sense of what Obama is willing to give Iran to get a treaty? Not that this president has ever lied to the American public.

    The president asks that no sanctions be voted on while negotiations are ongoing. A guess a question would be when are they expected to end. There has already been two 6 month extensions. Does anyone still believe anything this imperial president says.

  9. #389
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    02-21-15 @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    364

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    [emphasis added by bubba]

    and you voted for romney because he was white
    got it
    I left out one voting group and that is whites that voted for Obama because he's black. They felt it would be a healing process for America and end the black white divide. Boy were they wrong! I myself felt that way when Obama first appeared on the scene but when I became informed on who this guy really was I just couldn't vote for him.

  10. #390
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    I'm going to break this down a little because you have several separate points that need to be addressed on their own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I disagree completely.

    We're using drone strikes in areas where military/special forces can't easily get into.
    Aside from the issues of just ordering drones to take out a building that may or may not have innocents in it, children, etc. The amount of these strikes is far less force than we have had to bear on this enemy before Obama, and the enemy knows it...Can you say that the region has become more safe, in terms of potential attack against us, or our interests in the region? I don't think that truthfully you can....

    We're using special forces to provide ground surveillance, coordinate air strikes and train foreign combatants how to "take the fight to a common enemy".
    See I don't think we are...At least not in the way we need to be doing it...Our military leaders have far too often been at odds at the policies in place by this administration in terms of not only application, but intelligence...

    We're using our political and economic influence (soft power) in an attempt to force rouge countries (Russia, North Korea, Iran) into compliance moreso with UN/NATO resolutions/treaties.
    Really? Our "soft power" these days is all but non existent...We are being played in nearly all theaters in the world today...Obama's word means nothing, and players like Russia, NK, China, and in the ME know it. Ukraine is a prime example...

    Political persuasion to bring Arab nations to the table to "collective" resolve this regional problem called ISIS.
    See, that's the thing...ISIS isn't just some regional annoyance. They are a force that is in total disregard of the borders, and treaties set up almost a hundred years ago that established the countries that are in place now...They want to go back to the traditional settings of that region, and do not recognize the structure of the ME as it is today...As such they want their own country, and are slaughtering those in their way to achieve it...

    While I would agree that the Obama Administrations foreign policy agenda where the Middle East is concerned does seem to be inconsistent if not incoherent to some...
    It's not inconsistent...Obama is an anti Colonialist, he in many ways like ISIS, or like AQ sees that their claim of false borders, false constructs in the ME sees that, and agrees with that, so he sees these people not as enemies, but "freedom fighters" of a sort, and sympathizes with them. Problem is, that they know that at most when he came in, that he only had 8 years, and in the beginning used that to buy time til now, and now he is on his way out so they could care less about him, or what he has to say. And they have used the incoherence you speak of as a way to pull off the old slight of hand trick...Iran is doing that right now as we speak...

    Continued.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •