Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 432

Thread: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

  1. #341
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,415
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    I'm quite frankly pissed at both sides of this stupid fabrication of oneupsmanship.

    Obama's coolness toward Israel, a valuable ally, since the day he took office has really concerned me. He clearly hates Netanyahu on a personal and visceral level, and the feeling is clearly mutual. Both of them have been and are being childish, dangerous, and completely unstatesmanlike on all levels. The "Netanyahu spat in our face" comment was completely unnecessary and outrageous. Heads should roll.

    That being said, shame, shame, shame on Boehner and the GOP for secretly pulling this despicable public "gotcha" on the president of the damned United States, no matter what their problems with his ideology might be. No excuse for it, none whatsoever. I do not blame Netanyahu for gleefully accepting... and potentially even orchestrating... this idiotic "coup"; it serves him well and he hates Obama with a pink-and-purple passion. I blame Boehner and the GOP. They have globally declared war on their president, making clear their intention to mock him, ridicule him, and sabotage him in the court of international public opinion... and they have decided to obstruct his administration's policies, goals, and diplomatic negotiations in the most debasing manner possible.

    A pox on all their damned houses.

  2. #342
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I'm quite frankly pissed at both sides of this stupid fabrication of oneupsmanship.

    Obama's coolness toward Israel, a valuable ally, since the day he took office has really concerned me. He clearly hates Netanyahu on a personal and visceral level, and the feeling is clearly mutual. Both of them have been and are being childish, dangerous, and completely unstatesmanlike on all levels. The "Netanyahu spat in our face" comment was completely unnecessary and outrageous. Heads should roll.

    That being said, shame, shame, shame on Boehner and the GOP for secretly pulling this despicable public "gotcha" on the president of the damned United States, no matter what their problems with his ideology might be. No excuse for it, none whatsoever. I do not blame Netanyahu for gleefully accepting... and potentially even orchestrating... this idiotic "coup"; it serves him well and he hates Obama with a pink-and-purple passion. I blame Boehner and the GOP. They have globally declared war on their president, making clear their intention to mock him, ridicule him, and sabotage him in the court of international public opinion... and they have decided to obstruct his administration's policies, goals, and diplomatic negotiations in the most debasing manner possible.

    A pox on all their damned houses.
    Congress is in no way obligated to clear with The President, anything that goes on within the chamber.

    The three branches of government are co-equal. The Legislative Branch, in no way, operates by The Executive Branch's leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #343
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    25,974

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    I think Bibi should respect our leader, because we give him a lot in financial aide. Bibi prefers for us to have Neo Conservative presidents because they like going to war in the ME, and that benefits Bibi. We have to worry about our own country and our budgetary issues, and I don't think he respects that.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Aw, poor, fragile administration hacks....They are all hurt that Bibi plans to talk to congress after being invited...Who the hell do they think they are, that Netanyahu has to "ask their permission? What a joke...I guess they should expect this after all the snubs that Obama regularly shows Israel...Like making Netanyahu wait while he went up and ate dinner....

  4. #344
    Internet Lawyer


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    21,476

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Congress is in no way obligated to clear with The President, anything that goes on within the chamber.

    The three branches of government are co-equal. The Legislative Branch, in no way, operates by The Executive Branch's leave.
    Bibi is running for election- Speaking to a topic where 5 nations are involved. The Republicans disagree with how negotiations are going- inviting Bibi in to speak is BS.
    If negotiation fail, you will have more sanctions and possibly war as well.
    Why come on over and vote.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...otiations.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDick View Post
    LMAO Clinton gets away with it but they lock up my man Cosby

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    After he was told to say this by Netanyahu.
    And before he said these new sanctions would be like "throwing a grenade into the process".
    You keep leaving that part out MMC.

    As always, the GOP still thinks it owns foreign policy and should be doing the work of the President.
    They'd rather start new wars versus the 'No Drama Obama' doctrine .




    The Mossad Chairman pointed out that the negotiations with Iran must be conducted using ‘carrots and sticks,’ and the ‘sticks’ are currently missing. The Mossad Chairman pointed out that without strong pressure, it will not be possible to bring about significant compromises on the Iranian side. The Mossad Chairman did not relate to the use of the term ‘hand grenade’ with respect to the imposition of sanctions, because in his eyes, these are the ‘sticks’ that will help to obtain a good agreement. He used this term to describe the possibility of creating a temporary breakdown in the talks, at the end of which the negotiations will be restarted under better conditions.....snip~

    Got anything on that Netanyahu told him to say something? Like always..... you come with nothing but your own interpretation of reality.

    its your usual with the try-n-carry OF BO peep and his lost sheeps' Water. Not even reading what is up in front of your face.

    But then it does gives us on the Right.....something to chuckle about.

  6. #346
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    As far as I can tell, Netanyahu got an invitation to speak to congress and accepted it. Why are people beating him up? Isn't congress allowed to have guest speakers? Didn't they just invite the prez to do a state of the union speech?

  7. #347
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,705

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    As far as I can tell, Netanyahu got an invitation to speak to congress and accepted it. Why are people beating him up? Isn't congress allowed to have guest speakers? Didn't they just invite the prez to do a state of the union speech?
    A foreign head of state bypassing the POTUS is a serious breach of protocol.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #348
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    18,164

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think Bibi should respect our leader, because we give him a lot in financial aide. Bibi prefers for us to have Neo Conservative presidents because they like going to war in the ME, and that benefits Bibi. We have to worry about our own country and our budgetary issues, and I don't think he respects that.
    In terms of U.S. foreign aid, Israel is and has just about always been the biggest welfare queen on earth. You would think that would come with a little humility on Bibi's part. Yet he will come here as an insult to our president and have no problem having their lobby here cup in hand just the same.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #349
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    A foreign head of state bypassing the POTUS is a serious breach of protocol.
    He didn't bypass anybody. Congress did. I'm sure he will be happy to visit the white house when comes, if they invite him. So he shouldn't have accepted because the invitation came from congress instead of the white house. What if a University had invited him to speak? Same thing there? This is ridiculous.

  10. #350
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,705

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    He didn't bypass anybody. Congress did. I'm sure he will be happy to visit the white house when comes, if they invite him. So he shouldn't have accepted because the invitation came from congress instead of the white house. What if a University had invited him to speak? Same thing there? This is ridiculous.
    The responsibility here does lie more with Congress, yes. However, Bibi damn well knows the protocol. He also knows he's more likely to get everything he wants times two from Congress.

    A university is not a government body that has any say over the billions we hand him for free.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •