Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 432

Thread: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

  1. #321
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Closed for review.

  2. #322
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Moderator's Warning:
    The thread is now reopened, and has fewer participants. Read the warning at post 223 before posting.

  3. #323
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,942

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    OP Ed piece but sums it up.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/24/op...s-on-iran.html

    Normally, the visit of a world leader to the United States would be arranged by the White House. But in a breach of sense and diplomacy, House Speaker John Boehner and Ron Dermer, Israel’s ambassador to Washington, have taken it upon themselves to invite Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel to Congress to challenge President Obama’s approach to achieving a nuclear agreement with Iran.
    In a recent Washington Post op-ed article, the foreign ministers of Britain, France, Germany and the European Union also implored Congress to hold off on new sanctions. Similar messages have come from scores of other experts, including two former American national security advisers, Brent Scowcroft, a Republican, and Zbigniew Brzezinski, a Democrat. According to Secretary of State John Kerry, even Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service, warned Congress that new sanctions would scuttle the talks, saying it would “be like throwing a grenade into the process.” Mossad later tried to paper over any perceived differences with Mr. Netanyahu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  4. #324
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    And that is the aid we object to, so thank you for agreeing with my point.
    Clearly, you missed the sarcasm.

    Government "alliances" are always changing, i.e., Iraq, the rebels in Afghanistan who were once led by OBL himself, Pakistan government/Intelligence. As long as they provide the "assistance" we want for as long as we insist on it, we'll feed their bank accounts. That's not to say that some tight alliances haven't been strong since this country was founded, i.e., France (who knew, right?). But to act as if our government won't put tax dollars to use in areas abroad where it believes our "national security interests" aren't best served or our values aren't upheld is foolish. Those "interest" change over time. Don't believe me? Just look to the East in Lebanon, Lybia, Iraq, Sudan, even Japan and England - the nation we once despised and broke away from!

    I agree that our government needs to start taking a more long-ranged view of geo-political events before jumping in bed with governments that generally fall along the lines of "keep your friends close and your enemies closer," but to think we shouldn't use our soft power in the form of foreign aid is just stupid!
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  5. #325
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    That's true, but they haven't done so and won't... Do you think Israel would still exist if the Palestinians had nuclear weapons?
    But they don't. And so your your irrational fear-mongering is irrelevant. That same fearful argument was used against Iraq when Saddam was in power (only he used Scud missiles, not nukes - because he didn't have any) and continues to be used for Iran (which still doesn't have nukes).

    I get that none of these nations with anti-Christian leaders/governments should have WMDs, but when people such as yourself insist on a single solution approach to resolve problems you leave no room for anything else. Not even Ronald Reagan was so blind as to think non-negotiations was a cure-all for every situation.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  6. #326
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    But they don't. And so your your irrational fear-mongering is irrelevant. That same fearful argument was used against Iraq when Saddam was in power (only he used Scud missiles, not nukes - because he didn't have any) and continues to be used for Iran (which still doesn't have nukes).

    I get that none of these nations with anti-Christian leaders/governments should have WMDs, but when people such as yourself insist on a single solution approach to resolve problems you leave no room for anything else. Not even Ronald Reagan was so blind as to think non-negotiations was a cure-all for every situation.
    however, that is exactly what supporters of this farce are doing...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    OP Ed piece but sums it up.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/24/op...s-on-iran.html

    Normally, the visit of a world leader to the United States would be arranged by the White House. But in a breach of sense and diplomacy, House Speaker John Boehner and Ron Dermer, Israel’s ambassador to Washington, have taken it upon themselves to invite Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel to Congress to challenge President Obama’s approach to achieving a nuclear agreement with Iran.
    In a recent Washington Post op-ed article, the foreign ministers of Britain, France, Germany and the European Union also implored Congress to hold off on new sanctions. Similar messages have come from scores of other experts, including two former American national security advisers, Brent Scowcroft, a Republican, and Zbigniew Brzezinski, a Democrat. According to Secretary of State John Kerry, even Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service, warned Congress that new sanctions would scuttle the talks, saying it would “be like throwing a grenade into the process.” Mossad later tried to paper over any perceived differences with Mr. Netanyahu.





    Despite a story in Bloomberg News claiming the Mossad has gone rogue on Iran, Israel's spy agency is not opposed to additional Iran sanctions. On 19 January 2015, Mossad Chairman Tamir Pardo met with a delegation of American Senators. The meeting took place at the Senators’ request, and with the Prime Minister’s approval. Contrary to the report, the Mossad Chairman did not say that he opposes additional sanctions against Iran. In the meeting, the Mossad Chairman emphasized the unusual effectiveness of the sanctions imposed on Iran a number of years ago in bringing Iran to the negotiating table.

    The Mossad Chairman pointed out that the negotiations with Iran must be conducted using ‘carrots and sticks,’ and the ‘sticks’ are currently missing. The Mossad Chairman pointed out that without strong pressure, it will not be possible to bring about significant compromises on the Iranian side. The Mossad Chairman did not relate to the use of the term ‘hand grenade’ with respect to the imposition of sanctions, because in his eyes, these are the ‘sticks’ that will help to obtain a good agreement. He used this term to describe the possibility of creating a temporary breakdown in the talks, at the end of which the negotiations will be restarted under better conditions.

    The Mossad Chairman explicitly pointed out that the agreement that is being reached with Iran is bad, and may lead to a regional arms race.....snip~

    The Jewish Press » » Despite Democrats’ Claims, Mossad Chief Favors Additional Iran Sanctions

  8. #328
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,942

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post



    Despite a story in Bloomberg News claiming the Mossad has gone rogue on Iran, Israel's spy agency is not opposed to additional Iran sanctions. On 19 January 2015, Mossad Chairman Tamir Pardo met with a delegation of American Senators. The meeting took place at the Senators’ request, and with the Prime Minister’s approval. Contrary to the report, the Mossad Chairman did not say that he opposes additional sanctions against Iran. In the meeting, the Mossad Chairman emphasized the unusual effectiveness of the sanctions imposed on Iran a number of years ago in bringing Iran to the negotiating table.

    The Mossad Chairman pointed out that the negotiations with Iran must be conducted using ‘carrots and sticks,’ and the ‘sticks’ are currently missing. The Mossad Chairman pointed out that without strong pressure, it will not be possible to bring about significant compromises on the Iranian side. The Mossad Chairman did not relate to the use of the term ‘hand grenade’ with respect to the imposition of sanctions, because in his eyes, these are the ‘sticks’ that will help to obtain a good agreement. He used this term to describe the possibility of creating a temporary breakdown in the talks, at the end of which the negotiations will be restarted under better conditions.

    The Mossad Chairman explicitly pointed out that the agreement that is being reached with Iran is bad, and may lead to a regional arms race.....snip~

    The Jewish Press » » Despite Democrats’ Claims, Mossad Chief Favors Additional Iran Sanctions
    They are there so what does passing a new waiting list of sanctions prove?
    What are the positive- negatives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    They are there so what does passing a new waiting list of sanctions prove?
    What are the positive- negatives?
    Well, first Team BO thinks Netanyahu spat in their face. Yet this was after BO sent the Team of Senators to talk to the Mossad. Which guess who gave his approval to that?


    The meeting took place at the Senators’ request, and with the Prime Minister’s approval.....snip~


    Why, because Iran hasn't come thru with Parchin, nor their Ballistics. Already Clapper testified in 2013 that Iran has the ballistic missile capability. Throughout this time, they have continued to enrich. They also have continued to procure Illegal Parts for their Arak Facility.

    To top it off they are in violation of the Treaty over Ballistics just for this last year alone. While negotiating. BO still let two deadlines pass. Didn't put back on any Sanctions.

    Iran just kept using the time.....and still are. Legislation with reinstating sanctions and imposing others shows Iran all are serious about their compliance. If they meet certain deadlines. No problem.....they don't suffer the consequences of your own actions.

  10. #330
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,942

    Re: Netanyahu ‘spat in our face,’ White House officials said to say[W:223]

    Say negotiation fail. What happens then?

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •