Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

  1. #101
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I absolutely can, because it adds something called CONTEXT. SA isn't the west-but its better than ISIS and they are more suitable to our interests than ISIS would be. They aren't and will never be westerners.
    so we should never insult their beliefs ,their primitive regimes.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    which alterntives ?

    you never feel sorrry for those saudi women ?


    iran is more democratic when compared to saudi arabia but they are bad boys

    lets be honest
    So is Turkey, but this nation looks out for its own best interests.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So is Turkey, but this nation looks out for its own best interests.
    hahah
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #104
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    hi canada
    can we say the so called western value is nothing but just Money ? they suddenly stop mocking anything about this religion when it is about saudis.
    The west is "all about the money" - that's what makes capitalism the best system in the world and what makes western people and governments rich and successful. And the west doesn't generally tell other people how to live and what religion to follow, if any, and I would disagree with you that the west mocks any religion. The west challenges any people who, in the name of religion, try to bring death and strife to others of other or no faith - that's not mocking. But there are many in the west and elsewhere who ridicule all religions - Muslims do as well - some do it for humour, others do it because they're humourless. Personally, I'm not a religious person but I also have no need to ridicule any who are and I generally don't find religious ridicule funny. But that's just me.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #105
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,614

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    The west is "all about the money" - that's what makes capitalism the best system in the world and what makes western people and governments rich and successful. And the west doesn't generally tell other people how to live and what religion to follow, if any, and I would disagree with you that the west mocks any religion. The west challenges any people who, in the name of religion, try to bring death and strife to others of other or no faith - that's not mocking. But there are many in the west and elsewhere who ridicule all religions - Muslims do as well - some do it for humour, others do it because they're humourless. Personally, I'm not a religious person but I also have no need to ridicule any who are and I generally don't find religious ridicule funny. But that's just me.
    Well as any human system capitalist isn't perfect it can for example be shortsighted. That already during the oil crisis in the 1970 West learned the dangers of being dependent on Middle Eastern oil. But then Saudi became a close ally and the price of oil droped and everyone was happy (except the oppressed people in ME). Then you had the gulf war that both show the risk and cost of being dependent on ME oil. But after the war thanks to the Saudi the oil price was still low and everyone was happy in the west escpecially the people with Hummers.

    Then you hade the 9/11 with mostly Saudi hijackers and the leader of AQ being a Saudi. But the close realtions with Saudi Arabia countinue. But Saudi Arabia could not keep the oil price down, so for example USA started developed fossil fuel alternatives. That at the same time many realise both the danger with climate change and the long term benefit of energy independence so green alternative energy was also staring to develope. An in a few years for example solar and windpower have drasticly increase. But now the oil prices is droping again, have we learned the lesson or will we go back to being dependent on Saudi oil?

    World Solar Power Capacity Increased 35% In 2013 (Charts) | CleanTechnica

    Global Wind Power Capacity Up To 282.5 GW (~20% Increase In 2012) | CleanTechnica

    That alternatives to ME oil should have been started to developed a long time ago for both economical, enviromental, morale and security reasons, but the shortsighted of capitalism and the lobbying power of big business helped to delay the change.
    Last edited by Bergslagstroll; 01-26-15 at 01:28 PM.

  6. #106
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergslagstroll View Post
    Well as any human system capitalist isn't perfect it can for example be shortsighted. That already during the oil crisis in the 1970 West learned the dangers of being dependent on Middle Eastern oil. But when Saudi became a close ally and the oil prise droped and everyone was happy (except the oppressed people in ME). Then you had the gulf war that both show the risk and cost of being dependent on ME oil. But after the war thanks to the Saudi the oil price was still low and everyone was happy in the west escpecially the people with Hummers.

    Then you hade the 9/11 with mostly Saudi hijackers and the leader of AQ being a Saudi. But the close realtions with Saudi Arabia countinue. But Saudi Arabia could not keep the oil price down, so for example USA started developed fossil fuel alternatives. That at the same time many realise both the danger with climate change and the long term benefit of energy independence so green alternative energy was also staring to develope. An in a few years for example solar and windpower have drasticly increase. But now the oil prices is droping again, have we learned the lesson or will we go back to being dependent on Saudi oil?

    World Solar Power Capacity Increased 35% In 2013 (Charts) | CleanTechnica

    Global Wind Power Capacity Up To 282.5 GW (~20% Increase In 2012) | CleanTechnica

    That alternative to ME should have been started a long time ago for both ecomical, enviromental, morale and security reasons, but the shortsighted of capitalism and the lobbying power of big busines helped to delay the change.
    Well, I'm not a fan of bankrupting western first world nations on environmental whims and hoaxes so unless and until someone comes up with an economical energy source that is as user friendly, relatively cheap and abundant as fossil fuels, I'll stick with the old standbys. Capitalism is far-sighted enough to see that there is an abundance of fossil fuel supplies and alternatives, many that haven't even been touched on the surface as yet. And let's not forget that many of the "environmentally" friendly alternatives aren't environmentally neutral, friendly or safe. Many of the components that go into the manufacture of wind and solar are some of the dirtiest to mine and produce, destroying the environment far more than the Canadian oilsands ever could, as witnessed in China from action and as witnessed in the US from inaction and refusal of American governments and environmentalists to mine and produce them from the abundance of reserves on American soil. It's fine for young environmentalists to walk around with their smart phones and preach solar and wind because they are blind to the damage done to the earth in China in order to satisfy their desires. Most environmental purists are hypocrites of the highest order.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    The west is "all about the money" - that's what makes capitalism the best system in the world and what makes western people and governments rich and successful. And the west doesn't generally tell other people how to live and what religion to follow, if any, and I would disagree with you that the west mocks any religion. The west challenges any people who, in the name of religion, try to bring death and strife to others of other or no faith - that's not mocking. But there are many in the west and elsewhere who ridicule all religions - Muslims do as well - some do it for humour, others do it because they're humourless. Personally, I'm not a religious person but I also have no need to ridicule any who are and I generally don't find religious ridicule funny. But that's just me.
    you seem to ignore the former socio economic and culturel movements that led the West to get rich and richer .geographical discoveries (colonialism ),renaissance ,reform and industrial revolution.

    l didnt say the West mocked islam.l was referring to some westerner posters in DP
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #108
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,614

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Well, I'm not a fan of bankrupting western first world nations on environmental whims and hoaxes so unless and until someone comes up with an economical energy source that is as user friendly, relatively cheap and abundant as fossil fuels, I'll stick with the old standbys. Capitalism is far-sighted enough to see that there is an abundance of fossil fuel supplies and alternatives, many that haven't even been touched on the surface as yet. And let's not forget that many of the "environmentally" friendly alternatives aren't environmentally neutral, friendly or safe. Many of the components that go into the manufacture of wind and solar are some of the dirtiest to mine and produce, destroying the environment far more than the Canadian oilsands ever could, as witnessed in China from action and as witnessed in the US from inaction and refusal of American governments and environmentalists to mine and produce them from the abundance of reserves on American soil. It's fine for young environmentalists to walk around with their smart phones and preach solar and wind because they are blind to the damage done to the earth in China in order to satisfy their desires. Most environmental purists are hypocrites of the highest order.
    What data do you have for solar and windpower to be more harmful for the environment?

    Well you look at the economical side wind and solarpowar have drasticly increase on a global scale. At the same time you have some western countries leading the way without going bankrupt.

    As the Times put it: “By creating huge demand for wind turbines and especially for solar panels, it has helped lure big Chinese manufacturers into the market, and that combination is driving down costs faster than almost anyone thought possible just a few years ago.”
    The World Benefits From Germany's Use of Wind and Solar Power - Businessweek

    Wind power provided a record 41.2% of Denmark's electricity consumption in the first half of 2014, power grid operator Energinet.dk said in its half-year report published Tuesday.
    Denmark's Wind Power Output Rises to Record in First Half - WSJ

    You have also to remember that this drastic shift have happen with subsidies to renewable energy that are lot smaller when the subsidies to fossil fuel in the world.

    Fossil-fuel subsidies | Global Subsidies Initiative

    Also this is an intersting article:

    But we should not surrender to the notion that it will be impossible. Recent studies have confirmed that existing technologies, such as energy efficiency, renewable power, and smart policies can rapidly reduce emissions, while bringing important co-benefits, such as improved public health and energy and water security.
    We should not surrender to climate change | Dunya Maumoon | Environment | The Guardian

    That if you really is concern about western bankruptcy think if what will happen if the sh*t really hits the fan in the Middle East and we are still dependent on ME oil? A not unlikely scenario if you think of what have happen during the last couple of decades. From the Iran revolution, the first gulf wars, 9/11 atack, the Iraq war, Syria and other uprisings to ISIS. Then of course all the conflicts Israel been in.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

    Update: New Saudi king announces major government shake-up.....


    Saudi Arabia's new King Salman further cemented his hold on power, with a sweeping shakeup that saw two sons of the late King Abdullah fired, and the heads of intelligence and other key agencies replaced alongside a cabinet shuffle. Top officials from the Ports Authority, the National Anti-Corruption Commission and the conservative Islamic kingdom's religious police were among those let go.

    SPA said Salman "issued a royal order today, relieving Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud, Chief of General Intelligence, of his post." General Khalid bin Ali bin Abdullah al-Humaidan became the new intelligence chief, holding cabinet rank. Two sons of the late monarch were also fired: Prince Mishaal, governor of the Mecca region, and Prince Turki, who governed the capital Riyadh, according to the decrees broadcast on Saudi television. Another of Abdullah's sons, Prince Miteb, retained his position as minister in charge of the National Guard, a parallel army of around 200,000 men.....snip~

    New Saudi king announces major government shake-up


    Wonder how this will affect our relations, Intelligence-wise now? What say ye?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •