Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

  1. #1
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    By Sara Sidner, Pamela Brown and Greg Botelho, CNN
    Updated 1414 GMT (2214 HKT) January 22, 2015


    (CNN)A federal investigation has not found enough evidence to charge Darren Wilson for depriving Michael Brown of his civil rights, according to multiple sources familiar with the probe. This would be the second time the former police officer has avoided standing trial in the black teen's fatal shooting last summer in Ferguson, Missouri.

    The FBI joined local officials in interviewing more than 200 people -- and looked at much the same evidence -- as a St. Louis County grand jury that decided in November not to indict Wilson, who is white, on any charges in Brown's death. That federal law enforcement agency has now completed its investigation into the August shooting and sent its findings to the Justice Department, a law enforcement official and a separate U.S. official said Wednesday.
    Based on that probe, Justice Department prosecutors won't recommend civil rights charges against Wilson because there is not sufficient evidence to support them, a U.S. official told CNN.
    The New York Times first reported the development Wednesday.
    Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say - CNN.com

    Apparently the civil rights case is closing on the Ferguson outrage of Wilson's shooting of Brown. That the DoJ is not pursuing this is to me... surprising. Granted it's very difficult to prove firstly, and second there has to be all sorts of qualifying events that - according to reports - do not seem to be present for a civil rights prosecution to move forward.

    First the grand jury acquitted Wilson of any wrong doing, now the Feds are saying a civil rights prosecution is not going to happen. That however doesn't preclude a wrongful death suit to be filed against Wilson, which has a much lower level of qualification to find fault. That may be the next shoe to drop.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #2
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Well at least even the DOJ had to admit Wilson was right. The wrongful death should also be **** canned.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #3
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Well at least even the DOJ had to admit Wilson was right.
    The wrongful death should also be **** canned.


    100 % wrong.

    That's not what they said, they said that they couldn't find enough evidence to get a conviction.

    That doesn't = innocent.

  4. #4
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    DoJ is obviously racist.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #5
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    100 % wrong.

    That's not what they said, they said that they couldn't find enough evidence to get a conviction.

    That doesn't = innocent.
    Doesn't mean he's not either.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #6
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Doesn't mean he's not either
    .


    The man doesn't have a piece of paper that says that he's innocent of anything. He's still possibly facing a civil suit.

  7. #7
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The man doesn't have a piece of paper that says that he's innocent of anything. He's still possibly facing a civil suit.
    He can't go to jail for that.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #8
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The man doesn't have a piece of paper that says that he's innocent of anything. He's still possibly facing a civil suit.
    The innocent man will never go to jail.

    That's the first and foremost concern to get out of the way.

    Once the civil cases (should they occur) get shot down, the innocent man will not be leeched from by inferior subrioters.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #9
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say - CNN.com

    Apparently the civil rights case is closing on the Ferguson outrage of Wilson's shooting of Brown. That the DoJ is not pursuing this is to me... surprising. Granted it's very difficult to prove firstly, and second there has to be all sorts of qualifying events that - according to reports - do not seem to be present for a civil rights prosecution to move forward.

    First the grand jury acquitted Wilson of any wrong doing, now the Feds are saying a civil rights prosecution is not going to happen. That however doesn't preclude a wrongful death suit to be filed against Wilson, which has a much lower level of qualification to find fault. That may be the next shoe to drop.
    You cant find proof of something if it doesnt exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #10
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    100 % wrong.

    That's not what they said, they said that they couldn't find enough evidence to get a conviction.

    That doesn't = innocent.
    Using that logic it means no one can ever be found innocent.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •