Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

  1. #11
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Using that logic it means no one can ever be found innocent.
    Well when they poll juries it's either, 'guilty' or 'not guilty.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #12
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He can't go to jail for that
    .


    Who said that he could?

  3. #13
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well when they poll juries it's either, 'guilty' or 'not guilty.'
    That's true. Yet, that same legal system in which a jury is a part, states "innocent" until proven guilty, which I believe came to the United States through English Common Law, and first seen in US Law in 1894 in Coffin v. U.S., "The law presumes that persons charged with crime are innocent until they are proven by competent evidence to be guilty". Coffin v. U.S., 156 U.S. 432 (1895)
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    100 % wrong.

    That's not what they said, they said that they couldn't find enough evidence to get a conviction.

    That doesn't = innocent.
    which means they don't have a case which means they can't prove what he said he did.
    which means he was innocent of what they were trying to convict him of.

    in your opinion you might think him guilty, but so far 2 courts of law have not found enough evidence to support that he did anything wrong.

  5. #15
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,345

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The man doesn't have a piece of paper that says that he's innocent of anything. He's still possibly facing a civil suit.
    The court does not determine innocence

  6. #16
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Using that logic it means no one can ever be found innocent
    .


    Anyone who isn't convicted is found not guilty.

  7. #17
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,818
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say - CNN.com

    Apparently the civil rights case is closing on the Ferguson outrage of Wilson's shooting of Brown. That the DoJ is not pursuing this is to me... surprising. Granted it's very difficult to prove firstly, and second there has to be all sorts of qualifying events that - according to reports - do not seem to be present for a civil rights prosecution to move forward.

    First the grand jury acquitted Wilson of any wrong doing, now the Feds are saying a civil rights prosecution is not going to happen. That however doesn't preclude a wrongful death suit to be filed against Wilson, which has a much lower level of qualification to find fault. That may be the next shoe to drop.
    Well good.

    The DOJ just seems to have clawed back a smidgeon of respect.

    While true, this doesn't curb the abusive civil law suits that are bound to follow, making this poor man's and his family's life a living hell, unfortunately.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  8. #18
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    which means they don't have a case which means they can't prove what he said he did.
    which means he was innocent of what they were trying to convict him of.

    in your opinion you might think him guilty, but
    so far 2 courts of law have not found enough evidence to support that he did anything wrong.


    B.S.

    He hasn't been in a court of law yet.

    But that day may come.

  9. #19
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    The court does not determine innocence


    He hasn't been to court yet.

  10. #20
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Federal charges unlikely for Darren Wilson in Ferguson case, officials say

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Anyone who isn't convicted is found not guilty.
    How do you reconcile that statement with this:

    "The law presumes that persons charged with crime are innocent until they are proven by competent evidence to be guilty". Coffin v. U.S., 156 U.S. 432 (1895)
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •