Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 277

Thread: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

  1. #251
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,125

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    But, you hate that **** when it comes to incremental gun control, right?
    Oh hey, look!





    A Strawman!

  2. #252
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    A lie does not become truth, no matter how many times it is repeated.

    It is never a responsible act to needlessly kill an innocent human being in cold blood. Such will never, ever be anything but an expression of the greatest evil of which a human being is capable.
    sorry the FACT remains that millions feel driven by thier responsibility and morals to abort and your opinion of thier decision is MEANINGLESS. LMAO
    your opinion is no better than theirs (vice versa) and calling thier opinion a lie just further demonstrates how dishonest your posts are

    you are welcome to that OPINION of course but thats all it will ever be. The difference is YOU want to infringe on thier rights and force your opinions on them while they respect your rights and leave you free to your choices.


    the only fact about your post is that YOU calling it a lie, as if that's a fact, IS the lie. Please keep repeating this dishonesty because it further exposes the how mentally inane your "claims" are and the pure dishonest hypocrisy of your posts..
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #253
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Of course it does. And I have proven it.
    The only thing you have proven is that you can delude yourself.

    You assume that the right to life supersedes all other rights.
    I have made no such assumption.

    They place freedom, personal causes, loved ones, principles, etc above life frequently.
    If you want to sacrifice your own life for a cause, its yours to sacrifice. If you want to kill someone else for your personal gain, that's not in the same moral ballpark. That should be intuitively obvious to anyone, but moral compasses sometimes need a tune-up, I guess.

    So to protect the (non-existent) rights of the unborn against the mother's will, the govt must infringe on her rights to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness
    No. Preventing any one human from killing another human in aggression does not infringe upon their rights to life, liberty, or property. This does not change regardless of who the potential killer is nor who the intended victim is. You may as well be opining that laws against you walking outside right now and shooting someone infringe upon your right to liberty, somehow. They don't.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    The only thing you have proven is that you can delude yourself.

    I have made no such assumption.

    If you want to sacrifice your own life for a cause, its yours to sacrifice. If you want to kill someone else for your personal gain, that's not in the same moral ballpark. That should be intuitively obvious to anyone, but moral compasses sometimes need a tune-up, I guess.

    No. Preventing any one human from killing another human in aggression does not infringe upon their rights to life, liberty, or property. This does not change regardless of who the potential killer is nor who the intended victim is. You may as well be opining that laws against you walking outside right now and shooting someone infringe upon your right to liberty, somehow. They don't.
    So nothing but denials? No substance with which to actually refute?

    Well at least I *also* accurately predicted your response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #255
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So nothing but denials?
    You didn't say anything rational that reflected reality on any level. When you do this, what should you expect beyond correction of these stated errors?

    As usual, you have no counterpoint for anything.

    You state something about how life is less important than liberty to some people, I correctly point out that people make this call for themselves, not for others.

    You state something about how not being allowed to kill another human being in aggression "infringes" upon someone's rights; I correctly point out that laws against homicide do not infringe upon your rights but are how the government protects our rights in the first place.

  6. #256
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    You didn't say anything rational that reflected reality on any level. When you do this, what should you expect beyond correction of these stated errors?

    As usual, you have no counterpoint for anything.

    You state something about how life is less important than liberty to some people, I correctly point out that people make this call for themselves, not for others.

    You state something about how not being allowed to kill another human being in aggression "infringes" upon someone's rights; I correctly point out that laws against homicide do not infringe upon your rights but are how the government protects our rights in the first place.
    what actually happened is yet another poster owned your post and the lies in it
    banning abortion would in fact infringe on legal and human rights
    law, rights, facts and many court cases prove this . . . .please do tell us . . what do you have that supports your failed and destroyed claim again besides "nu-huh"
    your post fails and facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #257
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Oh look, more garbage posting that contains no counterpoint whatsoever, only childish stuff about "owning."

    I find that "pwn" works better if you want to convey just pure ridiculousness, which is obviously what you were going for.

  8. #258
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Oh look, more garbage posting that contains no counterpoint whatsoever, only childish stuff about "owning."

    I find that "pwn" works better if you want to convey just pure ridiculousness, which is obviously what you were going for.
    translation: you still have NOTHING, not ONE fact that supports your proven wrong claims, maybe in your next post you will LOL
    your post fails and facts win again

    if you disagree PLEASE present the facts that prove the law, rights and many court cases wrong and that shows that banning abortion does not infringe on woman's current legal and human rights, thanks

    I bet you dodge it AGAIN
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #259
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    You didn't say anything rational that reflected reality on any level. When you do this, what should you expect beyond correction of these stated errors?

    As usual, you have no counterpoint for anything.

    You state something about how life is less important than liberty to some people, I correctly point out that people make this call for themselves, not for others.

    You state something about how not being allowed to kill another human being in aggression "infringes" upon someone's rights; I correctly point out that laws against homicide do not infringe upon your rights but are how the government protects our rights in the first place.
    You offered zero to counterpoint.

    You dont have anything to do so with.

    You can spout the same thing over and over again but it doesnt make it true. I explained it clearly that they cannot be treated equally under the Constitution. I cant open your brain and make you understand it (even tho you wouldnt like it. heh, not that I care)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #260
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    From your own article, it appears there were real concerns with the Bill. It was not about "offending" female GOP congress members.
    The heck it wasn't. It was about that, as much as it was about offending milleniel voters.
    http://thefederalist.com/2015/01/22/...-bill-debacle/

    Bad reason. It was a reason based on (okay, I'll pander for votes now that I think I need to)

    Plus, add to the fact that two female republican GOP members were for or pro HR 1797 in June of 2013, then most recently reversed their support for this most recent bill.





    I'm glad it took two (at least) GOP female members to deride this bill, I just wonder when the GOP will pinch themselves and wake up to reality and stop alienating Latino, Hispanic, minority and poor voters.

    But remember, the GOP is largely filled with some hypocrites, so we might see more reversals for their policies.
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 01-28-15 at 04:31 PM.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •