Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 277

Thread: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

  1. #231
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That is your opinion. Has nothing to do with the reality that they cannot be treated equally
    Yes they can. Ban abortion. That infringes on no one's rights and allows for unborn and born to be treated equally.

    But at least stop lying.
    Rich coming from you given your veritable mountain of deceit in this thread, but in order to stop, one first has to start, and I haven't said a single thing that wasn't true.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Yes they can. Ban abortion. That infringes on no one's rights and allows for unborn and born to be treated equally.


    Rich coming from you given your veritable mountain of deceit in this thread, but in order to stop, one first has to start, and I haven't said a single thing that wasn't true.
    No. Banning abortion means that the govt would use force to keep women from having abortions. A direct infringement on women's rights.

    The govt can only infringe on a mother's rights re: her born offspring if she commits a crime like neglect or abuse. A pregnant woman is not a criminal. The govt can remove a child from a home without physically imposing on a woman's body. Not so with the unborn.

    Is that it?

    Cool, game over. You are welcome to your opinion, but again, it's not reality.
    Last edited by Lursa; 01-25-15 at 03:51 PM. Reason: edited to add more detail to try and prevent useless arguments from JD. *sigh* yeah right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Yeah, I'm anti-abortion, because I'm against aggression and needless violence.
    Nope, you're not anti-abortion, as I clearly explained above. You are a male who wants to control women's and girls' bodies.

    Not in the least. Your batting average needs some work. Your kid's body is not your body. The ones who want some humans to have control over the bodies of others are pro-aborts like you.
    Haha, "pro-aborts." How droll. You lie, again. You have read to see what your Bible says about liars, right?

    So what? Doesn't justify stealing anyone's property to buy goods or services for others.
    So why don't you support them, given that they actually reduce the number of abortions, jay?? This is the question that you keep dodging. You claim to be anti-abortion, yet when you are presented with two measures that clearly do what you claim to want, you don't seem to like them! I wonder why that is?

    Your statement is blatantly sexist, but it's not surprising to see a pro-abort take a sexist stance like that.
    HAHAHAHA, thanks for the laugh. You have no idea what sexism is or the fact that you're the one guilty of it.

    I like to play the "responsibility" card when it comes to all issues, but the responsibility for aggression and violence always falls on the ones involved in doing the aggression.

    In other words, there's an appropriate place for you to cram such ignorant generalizations.
    So you would agree with the statement, "A woman never asks for it, ever"?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  4. #234
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    1.)Yes they can. Ban abortion. That infringes on no one's rights and allows for unborn and born to be treated equally.



    Rich coming from you given your veritable mountain of deceit in this thread, but in order to stop, one first has to start, and I haven't said a single thing that wasn't true.
    1.) this is another lie that has been destroyed by many posters and many facts. Banning abortion in FACT infringes on a woman legal and human rights
    who says? law, rights, many court cases, human rights groups, even many pro-life people etc etc whats on your side again besides "nu-huh" ?
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #235
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No. Banning abortion means that the govt would use force to keep women from having abortions.
    The force of law is used to stop aggressive violence, yes.

    A direct infringement on women's rights.
    No more so than trying to stop any other aggressive violence infringes on anyone else's rights.

    You don't have a right to infringe on any other human's unalienable rights.

    the govt can only infringe on a mother's rights re: her born offspring if she commits a crime like neglect or abuse
    So what you're saying is that if you cause harm to your offspring, the government can intervene. This does not help your argument; it helps mine.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I haven't said a single thing that wasn't true.
    HAHAHA, this thread is full of your lies. Again, you should consult your Bible to see what it says about liars.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #237
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    The force of law is used to stop aggressive violence, yes.

    No more so than trying to stop any other aggressive violence infringes on anyone else's rights.

    You don't have a right to infringe on any other human's unalienable rights.
    Thanks for proving me correct.. The govt would do so, infringing on women's rights to protect those of the unborn, thereby placing the unborn above women. (Once we ignore your hysterical hyperbole, that's really what's left.) The govt would treat the unborn's life and future as more important than a woman's.

    And the unborn have no inalienable human rights, there are no national or international human rights organizations that recognize that. You have been told this many times and continue to deny it.(So another lie.)

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post

    So what you're saying is that if you cause harm to your offspring, the government can intervene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post

    The govt can only infringe on a mother's rights re: her born offspring if she commits a crime like neglect or abuse. A pregnant woman is not a criminal. The govt can remove a child from a home without physically imposing on a woman's body. Not so with the unborn.
    Last edited by Lursa; 01-25-15 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #238
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Nope, you're not anti-abortion, as I clearly explained above. You are a male who wants to control women's and girls' bodies.
    Well yes, you did said those things, but those statements of yours were delusional and retarded and they were thoroughly debunked as the nonsense they were.

    Haha, "pro-aborts."
    Nah. You guys really aren't that funny. Bigotry is too ugly to be a laughing matter.

    You lie, again. You have read to see what your Bible says about liars, right?
    I haven't lied. I don't have a bible. I don't particularly care what any religious book says about anything.

    What are you saying is a "lie," that your kid's body is not your body? Sorry, but that's scientific fact, look it up. Are you familiar with what a placenta is and what its purpose is? I'm guessing not.

    So why don't you support them, given that they actually reduce the number of abortions, jay?
    If this conversation were in person, I would ask if you were deaf. I already stated plain as day that taking money from one person to buy a good or service for another is immoral and violates their human right to property. You want me to support one rights violation so you can permit me to be what I already am, someone who is opposed to a different rights violation. The thing is, I didn't give you any authority to define me, nor will I ever.

    HA, thanks for the laugh. You have no idea what sexism is or the fact that you're the one guilty of it.
    You're telling me that I can't have an opinion because I'm a man.

    Yup, that's actual gender bigotry alright.

  9. #239
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Thanks for proving me correct.
    Thankfully, no such proof has ever been shown to be possible.

    The govt would do so, infringing on women's rights to protect those of the unborn
    In no way does preventing one human from killing another in aggression infringe upon anyone's rights.

    You assert that this is the case but you do not even attempt to demonstrate it.

    At best, you might make the assertion that banning abortion violates the "right" to an abortion. And yes, it does, but that's fine, because there is no such right to be violated in the first place.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Well yes, you did said those things, but those statements of yours were delusional and retarded and they were thoroughly debunked as the nonsense they were.



    Nah. You guys really aren't that funny. Bigotry is too ugly to be a laughing matter.



    I haven't lied. I don't have a bible. I don't particularly care what any religious book says about anything.

    What are you saying is a "lie," that your kid's body is not your body? Sorry, but that's scientific fact, look it up. Are you familiar with what a placenta is and what its purpose is? I'm guessing not.



    If this conversation were in person, I would ask if you were deaf. I already stated plain as day that taking money from one person to buy a good or service for another is immoral and violates their human right to property. You want me to support one rights violation so you can permit me to be what I already am, someone who is opposed to a different rights violation. The thing is, I didn't give you any authority to define me, nor will I ever.



    You're telling me that I can't have an opinion because I'm a man.

    Yup, that's actual gender bigotry alright.
    You reveal a lot about yourself in your posts, Jay. Things such as:

    -You lie without breaking a sweat.
    -You choose to misrepresent your opposition and come up with childish labels for them.
    -You speak arrogantly as if you were some kind of expert on this subject.
    -You are a male who believes his opinion on a women's issue trumps those of women (commonly referred to as "mansplaining").
    -You refuse to listen to anything

    Now if you want me to stop calling you "anti-choice," then you will finally give me a straight, BS-free answer: Why are you opposed to measures that are proven to reduce the numbers of abortions?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •