Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 277

Thread: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

  1. #161
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your argument here seems to be that women should never be responsible for their choices. Sorry, I don't see it that way. It takes two to make a child, and if the woman has the child, then you can rest assured that the father will have to pay for that child, or face jail, and he should...But, you want to have YOUR cake, and eat it too...

    The harm is in that over a million children are killed each year...That's astonishing, and sad.
    Abortion is very responsible. Birth control fails, married people have sex, use bc, but can still have another pregnancy they cant afford, single couples still waiting...never have sex but bc fails? THey are all just irresponsible?

    As I wrote, abortion is a very responsible option. What is not responsible is having a kid you cannot afford and expecting others to pay for it. Or taking the path of least resistance...which is doing nothing and remaining pregnant...and smoking and drinking and doing drugs because you really dont care. Or it enables them to give the attention and financial resources they do have to the kids they already have and living in a more secure place.

    And you are fantasizing about unborn that you are not even aware of except in the abstract manufactured to use as a bludgeon against women ...there are no millions of murdered children. THat is something that you choose to personalize and fantasize about. Great...the unfounded angst is all yours.
    Last edited by Lursa; 01-24-15 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #162
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    weird who said it was? oh that right just a failed strawman you made up lol

    nothing changes what i said men arguing over this reminds me of straights arguing that gays cant have equal rights, or people not in interracial relationships saying interracial marriage should be illegal, men saying women shouldnt have equal rights, whites saying blacks shouldnt have equal rights etc etc

    fact remains ANYBODY that uses human or legal rights to argue for the banning of abortions (or making it "unlimited") has no logical and honest footing to stand on.
    It can remind you of anything, my feeling is that everything reminds you of the gay rights argument, and no one is denying equal rights for women over men...That is the true strawman if you ask me.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #163
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your argument here seems to be that women should never be responsible for their choices. Sorry, I don't see it that way. It takes two to make a child, and if the woman has the child, then you can rest assured that the father will have to pay for that child, or face jail, and he should...But, you want to have YOUR cake, and eat it too...

    The harm is in that over a million children are killed each year...That's astonishing, and sad.
    except for the fact that millions of women feel that abortion IS the responsible act.
    Millions of women are driven by thier morals and responsibilities to abort and your opinion is no better than theirs and vice versa

    the difference is under the law currently YOU are allowed to make YOUR choice and THEY are allowed to make THEIR choice

    you want it so THEY are only allowed to make YOUR choice, by definition you are the only one that wants thier cake and to eat it too
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #164
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    1.)It can remind you of anything, my feeling is that everything reminds you of the gay rights argument
    2.) and no one is denying equal rights for women over men...That is the true strawman if you ask me.
    1.) your "feelings" dont matter to reality and facts, thats where you get confused
    2.) didnt say THIS was an equal rights issue, equal rights is IMPOSSIBLE on this issue. thats what the strawman is lol

    BUT this is a rights issue
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #165
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Abortion is very responsible. Birth control fails, married people have sex, use bc, but can still have another pregnancy they cant afford, single couples still waiting...never have sex but bc fails? THey are all just irresponsible?

    As I wrote, abortion is a very responsible option. What is not responsible is having a kid you cannot afford and expecting others to pay for it. Or taking the path of least resistance...which is doing nothing and remaining pregnant...and smoking and drinking and doing drugs because you really dont care.

    And you are fantasizing about unborn that you are not even aware of except in the abstract manufactured to use as a bludgeon against women ...there are no millions of murdered children. THat is something that you choose to personalize and fantasize about. Great...the unfounded angst is all yours.
    Wow! I thank you for your honesty of abortion is a convenience thing...However, I find it sad. Oh, and yes there are a million plus every year of murdered children, that is Guttmacher's own stats...See, the fantasy here is that you want to dehumanize the unborn so that you can delude yourself that its not murder....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #166
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    The harm is in that over a million children are killed each year...That's astonishing, and sad.
    No...that's not harm to society. How has it harmed society? As I've written, abortion can have a positive affect on society:


    So please give up the 'sky is falling' abortion drama. No one has shown any harm to society by abortion. However we know that children of single mother homes or families in poverty (where they cant afford more kids) have higher risks of juvenile delinquency, dropping out of school, lower rates of getting higher ed and careers instead of jobs, becoming criminals, staying in the welfare cycle, etc. So the idea of using the law to demand more be born into such situations is ludicrous IMO.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #167
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) your "feelings" dont matter to reality and facts, thats where you get confused
    2.) didnt say THIS was an equal rights issue, equal rights is IMPOSSIBLE on this issue. thats what the strawman is lol

    BUT this is a rights issue
    Sigh*

    1.) Then neither do yours...Who cares what the argument reminds you of?

    2.) Really? So who said this? "Its selfishness and or not caring about equality or legal and human rights." Did someone hack your account? You'd better report that....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #168
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No...that's not harm to society. How has it harmed society? As I've written, abortion can have a positive affect on society:


    So please give up the 'sky is falling' abortion drama. No one has shown any harm to society by abortion. However we know that children of single mother homes or families in poverty (where they cant afford more kids) have higher risks of juvenile delinquency, dropping out of school, lower rates of getting higher ed and careers instead of jobs, becoming criminals, staying in the welfare cycle, etc. So the idea of using the law to demand more be born into such situations is ludicrous IMO.
    How do you know what the unborn would have grown up to be? For all you know it could have produced an answer to the mess we are in right now...

    Your position is steeped in selfishness.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #169
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow! I thank you for your honesty of abortion is a convenience thing...However, I find it sad. Oh, and yes there are a million plus every year of murdered children, that is Guttmacher's own stats...See, the fantasy here is that you want to dehumanize the unborn so that you can delude yourself that its not murder....
    We already discussed how you look at women's ability to get an education, develop a career, have a safe place to live, not have to take welfare, be able to pay her bills and take care of her family properly are all 'conveniences.' It's a ridiculous statement since every one of us here value those things more than you apparently. Or unless you just mean it for women that you consider sluts?

    This is one of those self-evident things. A person's life and future are not 'conveniences.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: House GOP drops controversial abortion bill ahead of Roe v. Wade anniversary

    [QUOTE=j-mac;1064234438]

    How do you know what the unborn would have grown up to be? For all you know it could have produced an answer to the mess we are in right now...

    Your position is steeped in selfishness.
    No...it's the opposite of selfishness. We KNOW society benefits from abortion.

    You just gave me pure speculation of how *you wish it was*. That's selfish. I'm the one discussing what's best for society.

    Are you sure you know the definition of 'selfish?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •