Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76

Thread: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Canadian forces exchange gunfire with ISIL fighters in Iraq in first confirmed ground battle involving western forces.


    Canadian special forces have clashed with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant group by exchanging gunfire in Iraq in recent days, in the first confirmed ground battle between western troops and ISIL, a senior officer has said. The Canadians came under mortar and machine gun fire while training Iraqi troops near the front lines and shot back in what Canadian special forces commander, Brigadier General Michael Rouleau, described as self-defence, killing the ISIL fighters.

    Rouleau said the melee had taken place in the previous seven days and was "the first time we've taken fire and returned fire" in Iraq, where the armed group has overrun large areas.

    Cont... Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq - Al Jazeera English
    The conflict with ISIS continues to escalate, kudo's to the Canadians special forces snipers. Luckily no casualties on the friendly side.

    Still when I read about these things I can't help but be angry that Obama ceded Iraq to ISIS, and now we must go back in to kill them.
    He put his personal political gain above the lives of Iraqi's and the coalition forces.

    Heres a vid of Canadian spec ops forces.

  2. #2
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    The left here in Canada are no less apologists for ISIS and Muslim extremism. The leading Liberal in Canada believes our only role should be to airdrop blankets and food to the innocent people driven from their homes and lives by savages. They believe the above noted interaction between Canadian forces and ISIS scum is a scandal against our Conservative Prime Minister and his government rather than an example of the fine, brave young men and women who serve in our forces. Disgusting.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    The left here in Canada are no less apologists for ISIS and Muslim extremism. The leading Liberal in Canada believes our only role should be to airdrop blankets and food to the innocent people driven from their homes and lives by savages. They believe the above noted interaction between Canadian forces and ISIS scum is a scandal against our Conservative Prime Minister and his government rather than an example of the fine, brave young men and women who serve in our forces. Disgusting.
    That is, they are pacifists.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    The left here in Canada are no less apologists for ISIS and Muslim extremism. The leading Liberal in Canada believes our only role should be to airdrop blankets and food to the innocent people driven from their homes and lives by savages. They believe the above noted interaction between Canadian forces and ISIS scum is a scandal against our Conservative Prime Minister and his government rather than an example of the fine, brave young men and women who serve in our forces. Disgusting.
    What is it about the left that paralyzes them in the face of evil? I hope Canadians are practical and wise enough to see they were justified in taking a stand.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That is, they are pacifists.
    Pacifists who'd like air-dropping blankets as children are beheaded for watching a soccer game.

  6. #6
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    What is it about the left that paralyzes them in the face of evil? I hope Canadians are practical and wise enough to see they were justified in taking a stand.
    Most Canadians are - a high percentage of Canadians approve of our governments interventions and assistance in Iraq to combat the movement of ISIS and the standing of the Liberal Party's leader has been steadily eroding over the past few months as Canadians see that in the times we live in his ideas are dangerous not only to those directly suffering but to us here in Canada as well.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #7
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Most Canadians are - a high percentage of Canadians approve of our governments interventions and assistance in Iraq to combat the movement of ISIS and the standing of the Liberal Party's leader has been steadily eroding over the past few months as Canadians see that in the times we live in his ideas are dangerous not only to those directly suffering but to us here in Canada as well.
    I believe Canada has a good size Muslim population, how has that affected attitudes?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #8
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I believe Canada has a good size Muslim population, how has that affected attitudes?
    It's why the leader of the Liberal Party has been pandering to Muslims and trivializing the connections between extremists and the religion. But there are many very strong voices here in the Muslim communities and in our mainstream media who have called out extremism and warned against ignoring or excusing it. We have many Ahmadis Muslims, driven out of Pakistan because they weren't extreme or fundamentalist enough and these are moderate voices strongly opposed to violence against others and things like Sharia Law have been rejected here as opposed to being accepted in many parts of Europe.

    Most Canadians are accepting of all peoples of the world and welcome them to our country but we despise those who bring their wars and their petty grievances with them. Extremist Muslims are bringing those wars and petty grievances inside Canadian borders and we don't want that to continue and grow so the best place to fight it is where it is rooted, and that's in the Middle East.
    Last edited by CanadaJohn; 01-22-15 at 11:42 AM.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's why the leader of the Liberal Party has been pandering to Muslims and trivializing the connections between extremists and the religion. But there are many very strong voices here in the Muslim communities and in our mainstream media who have called out extremism and warned against ignoring or excusing it. We have many Ahmadis Muslims, driven out of Pakistan because they weren't extreme or fundamentalist enough and these are moderate voices strongly opposed to violence against others and things like Sharia Law have been rejected here as opposed to being accepted in many parts of Europe.

    Most Canadians are accepting of all peoples of the world and welcome them to our country but we despise those who bring their wars and their petty grievances with them. Extremist Muslims are bringing those wars and petty grievances inside Canadian borders and we don't want that to continue and grow so the best place to fight it is where it is rooted, and that's in the Middle East.
    Democrats would disagree with you.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Canadian soldiers clash with ISIL in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Democrats would disagree with you.
    Wouldn't be the first time - won't be the last. I'm really beat up about it, but I'll survive.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •