Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 98 of 98

Thread: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Nothing as long as you call it "Enhanced Interrogation" instead.
    Do you feel the two are the same?

  2. #92
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you feel the two are the same?
    I believe that it is possible to have some sort of process that one can call enhanced interrogation. Lie Detector Tests, for instance, are more a form of additional interrogation than a scientific test. From what I read though, we were just plain old torturing people and calling it a PC name.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I believe that it is possible to have some sort of process that one can call enhanced interrogation. Lie Detector Tests, for instance, are more a form of additional interrogation than a scientific test. From what I read though, we were just plain old torturing people and calling it a PC name.
    Lie detector tests are not infallible and in the case of terrorists prepared to murder countless innocent people it might be wise to use more tried and true methods.

  4. #94
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Lie detector tests are not infallible and in the case of terrorists prepared to murder countless innocent people it might be wise to use more tried and true methods.
    They are not going to murder anybody while they are in US custody.

  5. #95
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Lie detector tests are not infallible and in the case of terrorists prepared to murder countless innocent people it might be wise to use more tried and true methods.
    All well and good, except that torture isn't a "tried and true" method. It's been tried... and tried and tried and tried, but it doesn't ****ing work.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    All well and good, except that torture isn't a "tried and true" method. It's been tried... and tried and tried and tried, but it doesn't ****ing work.
    Get ready... silly links are coming.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    They are not going to murder anybody while they are in US custody.
    Quite right, but they may know the plans and locations of other terrorists, just as happened before.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dutch court blocks extradition to U.S. over torture concerns.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    All well and good, except that torture isn't a "tried and true" method. It's been tried... and tried and tried and tried, but it doesn't ****ing work.
    Of course it does. Who told you it doesn't?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •