Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 972

Thread: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

  1. #931
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Actually, I don't believe we should be blaming or crediting every president with every thing that goes on during the time he happens to be in office.

    I was pointing out the hypocrisy in the posts of many conservatives, who whine about Obama/Clinton/Carter and blame everything bad that happens in the world on them, but refuse to do the same with republican presidents.

    This is a huge double standard, that I find dishonest. But in all fairness, I suppose that those on the left do the same thing also.

    As far as me "hating" Bush, I voted for him, and I didn't vote for Obumer.

    Yes, obviously that is why you used the "Blame Bush" talking points of the ideological progressive, must have been why you voted for him eh? Just a thought.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #932
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Exactly. Reagan's poor management resulted in his recession double dipping. While the one that Obama inherited was over in just a few months, and despite all the conservative's who were predicting a double dip, it never happened.
    Exactly, Reagan takes office in January 1981 and because of Reagan who didn't get an economic plan passed by Congress until August put us into a double dip recession in June?? yes that is liberal logic and obviously the blame game continues but only with Reagan

  3. #933
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Exactly. Reagan's poor management resulted in his recession double dipping. While the one that Obama inherited was over in just a few months, and despite all the conservative's who were predicting a double dip, it never happened.
    Exactly, Reagan takes office in January 1981 and because of Reagan who didn't get an economic plan passed by Congress until August put us into a double dip recession in June?? yes that is liberal logic and obviously the blame game continues but only with Reagan

  4. #934
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, obviously that is why you used the "Blame Bush" talking points of the ideological progressive, must have been why you voted for him eh? Just a thought.
    I find that most Obama supporters and others here lack basic leadership skills and understanding exactly what a leader is and does. The blame Reagan, blame Bush, and then blame the Republican House with Obama in office continues probably more of a diversion from Obama than anything else. Too many have no concept of how leadership influences economic and foreign policy which makes me wonder why did these same people vote for Obama?

  5. #935
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,579

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, obviously that is why you used the "Blame Bush" talking points of the ideological progressive, must have been why you voted for him eh? Just a thought.
    No, I was offering a sarcastic response to a hackish conservative post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  6. #936
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,579

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly, Reagan takes office in January 1981 and because of Reagan who didn't get an economic plan passed by Congress until August put us into a double dip recession in June?? yes that is liberal logic and obviously the blame game continues but only with Reagan
    See, you have no issue with blaming the administration prior to Reagan, for the economic disaster that was occuring just as Reagan took office, yet you can't seem to admit that the same thing happened when Obama first took office.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #937
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,579

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I find that most Obama supporters and others here lack basic leadership skills and understanding exactly what a leader is and does. The blame Reagan, blame Bush, and then blame the Republican House with Obama in office continues probably more of a diversion from Obama than anything else. Too many have no concept of how leadership influences economic and foreign policy which makes me wonder why did these same people vote for Obama?
    That's EXACTLY what you do, only in reverse. You blame dems, for the same thing that you absolve republicans from.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #938
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    No, I was offering a sarcastic response to a hackish conservative post.
    Hackish? LOL, yep, results really are hackish in your world, you know, results you claim I cherry pick yet never are able to refute them? It is sarcastic to say that Reagan's poor leadership didn't prevent a double dip when his policies weren't implemented until August 1981 and the recession began two months earlier? I suggest you define hackish because I call your post one of a true hack.

  9. #939
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    That's EXACTLY what you do, only in reverse. You blame dems, for the same thing that you absolve republicans from.
    You choose what you want to believe, I don't blame Dems in general but Obama, Pelosi, and Reid specifically for the terrible recovery, lack of leadership, and poor economic results. You want to ignore that I grew up a Democrat voted for Democrats but that party of the past, the party of JFK doesn't exist any more because of Obama, Reid, and Pelosi who seem to believe it is the Federal Government's role to social engineer.

  10. #940
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    See, you have no issue with blaming the administration prior to Reagan, for the economic disaster that was occuring just as Reagan took office, yet you can't seem to admit that the same thing happened when Obama first took office.
    I don't blame the Carter Administration, history and the results do it for me. I just point out those results. I voted for Carter but realized the mistake I made. Will never vote for another Democrat in the mode of Carter, Clinton, or Obama

Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •