Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 972

Thread: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

  1. #881
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Didn't claim that it did - but it was a $150 billion tax increase.



    Of course - no POTUS can do anything by himself. So it was the Tip O'Neill/Reagan Tax Cuts of 1981!



    Sorry to besmirch the good name of St. Ronaldo by describing historical facts....
    Your problem is you still believe that the Reagan tax cuts caused the deficits and they didn't but liberals want to believe we would have had 17 million jobs created without them and it was those 17 million new taxpayers that helped grow Income Tax Revenue. Seems those historical facts that you claim are out of context and don't tell the entire story.

  2. #882
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh please stop....Our poor are richer than 99% of the world....Address that one.
    j-mac:The poor is not what is concerning me with this story as much as any group of people that has this kind of power.

    It's almost like one country telling the world that they will be the only ones with most of the nuclear capabilities and everyone else just sit back and relax.

    Balderdash!

  3. #883
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,745

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your problem is you still believe that the Reagan tax cuts caused the deficits and they didn't
    Something caused those deficits. Either it was because Reagan was a big spending liberal, or his tax cuts reduced revenues, or both.

    but liberals want to believe we would have had 17 million jobs created without them and it was those 17 million new taxpayers that helped grow Income Tax Revenue. Seems those historical facts that you claim are out of context and don't tell the entire story.
    Actually, I am fairly confident without the tax cuts, and the $trillions in deficit stimulus spending, that we would NOT have had as robust a recovery as we did. If Keynes was alive, he'd say the same thing.

  4. #884
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Something caused those deficits. Either it was because Reagan was a big spending liberal, or his tax cuts reduced revenues, or both.



    Actually, I am fairly confident without the tax cuts, and the $trillions in deficit stimulus spending, that we would NOT have had as robust a recovery as we did. If Keynes was alive, he'd say the same thing.
    I suggest research on the Reagan President and find out what the Democrat House proposed and actually spent. As I have shown you tax revenue didn't decrease and as I know you have found there was no spending in the Reagan stimulus therefore all you can do is stammer and make the same accusations over and over again which just show you to being unwilling to admit you are wrong on any subject

    Now there you go again, stimulus spending? Where was that in the Reagan stimulus?? Stop making a fool of yourself, there was no stimulus spending, but there was a lot more spending because of stimulus generated revenue. Most of it by Congress. I suggest you research the Reagan budgets and find out where that spending occurred? You are going to be surprised.

  5. #885
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,745

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I suggest research on the Reagan President and find out what the Democrat House proposed and actually spent. As I have shown you tax revenue didn't decrease and as I know you have found there was no spending in the Reagan stimulus therefore all you can do is stammer and make the same accusations over and over again which just show you to being unwilling to admit you are wrong on any subject

    Now there you go again, stimulus spending? Where was that in the Reagan stimulus?? Stop making a fool of yourself, there was no stimulus spending, but there was a lot more spending because of stimulus generated revenue. Most of it by Congress. I suggest you research the Reagan budgets and find out where that spending occurred? You are going to be surprised.
    You've got a math problem. You're claiming the tax cuts INCREASED revenue. But we also know - it's in the record - that the debt nearly tripled over those eight years. So spending had to increase MORE than revenues. But you claim that there was no spending stimulus, even though deficit spending (and there were record deficits in the Reagan years) is by definition Keynesian stimulus.

    It seems you want to give Reagan all the credit for the tax cuts, then absolve him of any responsibility for the spending he approved, then give him credit for the effects of massive deficit spending stimulus. It's a neat trick.

  6. #886
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You've got a math problem. You're claiming the tax cuts INCREASED revenue. But we also know - it's in the record - that the debt nearly tripled over those eight years. So spending had to increase MORE than revenues. But you claim that there was no spending stimulus, even though deficit spending (and there were record deficits in the Reagan years) is by definition Keynesian stimulus.

    It seems you want to give Reagan all the credit for the tax cuts, then absolve him of any responsibility for the spending he approved, then give him credit for the effects of massive deficit spending stimulus. It's a neat trick.
    No you have a comprehension problem I said tax cuts increased economic activity which increased income tax revenue and you cannot seem to grasp the FACT that there was no spending in the Reagan stimulus program thus the debt was AFTER the stimulus and the result of Congress getting all that increased revenue. Reagan's defense spending was fully paid for by the tax revenue increases but the social spending wasn't

  7. #887
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,745

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No you have a comprehension problem I said tax cuts increased economic activity which increased income tax revenue and you cannot seem to grasp the FACT that there was no spending in the Reagan stimulus program thus the debt was AFTER the stimulus and the result of Congress getting all that increased revenue. Reagan's defense spending was fully paid for by the tax revenue increases but the social spending wasn't
    You have an amazing ability to separate all the stuff you like about Reagan - the tax cuts especially - and give him ALL the credit for that. Then you identify the bad stuff - social spending and deficits - and blame all that on the democrats.

    Does that work in your household I wonder. "Honey, my salary covers the golf clubs, the guns and the hunting trips. It's all YOUR fault that we can't afford the car payment on your new car."

  8. #888
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You have an amazing ability to separate all the stuff you like about Reagan - the tax cuts especially - and give him ALL the credit for that. Then you identify the bad stuff - social spending and deficits - and blame all that on the democrats.

    Does that work in your household I wonder. "Honey, my salary covers the golf clubs, the guns and the hunting trips. It's all YOUR fault that we can't afford the car payment on your new car."
    Probably has a lot to do with research and actually understanding the U.S. Budget a lot better than apparently you do. Not once have I stated that Reagan didn't have a 1.7 trillion dollar debt but again I understand the debt and understand what Cheney meant when he said deficits don't matter. Context is something you and other liberals don't understand or want to. Do you think it is the role of the govt. to run a surplus? Do you go into debt when you buy a home? Most Americans do and they do it for an investment. Reagan spending on defense was an investment in the future and created a peace dividend. Does the debt of 2.6 trillion dollars on a 5.2 trillion dollar economy mean as much as the 18.2 trillion dollar debt on a 17.4 trillion dollar economy? If we generated the Reagan numbers, probably not because we wouldn't have over 17 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers thus more taxpayers. Results matter and results are what generate context.

  9. #889
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I never made any of these claims so therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.

    if you spent half the time working on something rather than complaining then you could be in the top 1% as well.
    Nonsense.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #890
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,614

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Nonsense.
    yes your post is thanks for admitting it.

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •