Page 70 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 972

Thread: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

  1. #691
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,758

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    No you don't. The first amendment is only for liberals. Any attempt to refute their silly-assed drivel has them swarming to shout you down.
    Non sequitur alert!!!

  2. #692
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    J-mac, it's useless talking to you because you just make up **** that other people say. Every post is a giant straw man.

    Learn how to debate. It's annoying. And I never said "try it".
    Your President sure did.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #693
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    80% of millionaires are first generation rich. IE they didn't inherit it. they earned it.
    Still trying to use reason in this discussion, are you? Well, good luck with that, LOL.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #694
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Non sequitur alert!!!
    Now that is an awesome example of irony right there.

    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #695
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    80% of millionaires are first generation rich. IE they didn't inherit it. they earned it.
    don't deploy facts, you want them to be able to wallow the the pool of envy trying to convince themselves that the game is rigged against them



  6. #696
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    80% of millionaires are first generation rich. IE they didn't inherit it. they earned it.
    So what? I didn't say anything about 80% of millionaires.

    I am still befuddled by those who believe that inheritance is a merit based accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #697
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,758

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Like I said. You can't argue assert that the bailouts were necessary and then assert that it was crony capitalism, too. One or the other. If your motive is to save yourself, then saying it was really because you were doing someone else a favor is just dishonest. But I see there's no reasoning with you so go ahead and get your requisite last word in, whatever it may be. Cheers.
    Ok, maybe there's another term you prefer that describes the government funneling $trillions into an industry to bail it out, and in the process picking those entities that will survive and those that will not. I'm fine with that - just let me know what term that is.

  8. #698
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    So what? I didn't say anything about 80% of millionaires.

    I am still befuddled by those who believe that inheritance is a merit based accomplishment.
    that's a strawman argument. the argument that you ignore is that the person who made the wealth is in a better position to decide who gets it than a bunch of pimps in office who pander to the envious butt hurts who are upset they didn't have prosperous parents



  9. #699
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,758

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Now that is an awesome example of irony right there.
    You realize I guess that the First Amendment exists in part to PROTECT liberals' right to "shout you down" in a debate (to the extent that can even occur in a written debate forum).

    Maybe I should have said, "Missing the entire point of the First Amendment Alert!!"

  10. #700
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,632

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Still trying to use reason in this discussion, are you? Well, good luck with that, LOL.
    yea I know who needs reason and logic when EMO ranting is so much better.

Page 70 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •