Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 972

Thread: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

  1. #451
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    all taxes as related to the chart, My mistake thinking you were smart enough to understand that.


    I really don't care for "gotcha games".


    run along now.

    Pointing out your intentional intellectual dishonest posting isn't a "gotcha game".

  2. #452
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,400

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Pointing out your intentional intellectual dishonest posting isn't a "gotcha game".


    U mad, bro?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #453
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I think if you add all that in, especially property taxes you will find the top pay way more.




    If so or if not, you would have to show me. What I can say, is this is a perfect argument for a non-essentials flat consumption tax. Get rid of the irs, and all these crazy laws.






    That's irrellevant. if I have more money, I have more money, if I'm paying a higher percentage, I'm paying a higher percentage. what that affects on my quality of life or money saved, really isn't the governments business.

    Confiscatory taxes are not the answer.


    You;re looking at this form the vantage point of what is, or is not "fair". The problem is, it IS the job of our government to ensure the safety and security of our society. Part of that is by making laws so that people don't go around killing each other....part of that is wielding a powerful military so that foreigners don't take out stuff....and like it or not, part of that is making sure we remain economically solvent so that people don't starve, so that people remain content, and continue working at their jobs they mostly hate in order to preserve our entire way of life.

    Fairness was never an option. It's not FAIR that our court and prison system is imperfect, and as a result, innocent people go to jail, and are sometimes put to death. It's not FAIR that our military places the burden of national security on the shoulders of our youth, primarily, because they are the only ones fit enough to put up a decent fight. And it's not FAIR that in order to ensure our working class consumers have enough money to spend the crap they work to produce for their bosses, their bosses have to shoulder a higher percent of the tax burden.

    In the end, making things FAIR would hurt the very people you're trying to help. Their company operating models ensure that their employees makes the minimum they can get away with without having mass walkouts, so our government must step in form time to time to ensure that short sighted business models don't sink us all in the name of a quick buck. Be that in the form of minimum wage laws, or in the from of progressive taxation, of which I am now a victim...Quite a moment in my life, to realize that I FINALLY have started to make enough money that I now OWE taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #454
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,400

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    You;re looking at this form the vantage point of what is, or is not "fair". The problem is, it IS the job of our government to ensure the safety and security of our society. Part of that is by making laws so that people don't go around killing each other....part of that is wielding a powerful military so that foreigners don't take out stuff....and like it or not, part of that is making sure we remain economically solvent so that people don't starve, so that people remain content, and continue working at their jobs they mostly hate in order to preserve our entire way of life.

    Fairness was never an option. It's not FAIR that our court and prison system is imperfect, and as a result, innocent people go to jail, and are sometimes put to death. It's not FAIR that our military places the burden of national security on the shoulders of our youth, primarily, because they are the only ones fit enough to put up a decent fight. And it's not FAIR that in order to ensure our working class consumers have enough money to spend the crap they work to produce for their bosses, their bosses have to shoulder a higher percent of the tax burden.

    In the end, making things FAIR would hurt the very people you're trying to help. Their company operating models ensure that their employees makes the minimum they can get away with without having mass walkouts, so our government must step in form time to time to ensure that short sighted business models don't sink us all in the name of a quick buck. Be that in the form of minimum wage laws, or in the from of progressive taxation, of which I am now a victim...Quite a moment in my life, to realize that I FINALLY have started to make enough money that I now OWE taxes.



    I don't see people starving really in the USA do you? in fact the poor in the US are some of the most well off in the world. YOu want government to control the market it seems when the market will control itself.

    If lets take your doomsday economic scenario to the end, do you really think our poor would become dirt poor and only .001% of people would have wealth?


    Our military is too big, our taxes too high, and there is an easy solution/. but this is a solution the ruling class does not want you to believe in.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #455
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, it is about punishment because this country was built on equal opportunity NOT equal outcome and that is what liberals are promoting by demonizing those who produce since there really is no benefit to raising taxes on the top 1% 32 billion a year. the only influence rich people had on my life was a desire to be more like them without giving up my family life and I was able to do that by keeping my priorities straight. I don't give a damn how much money someone else pays in taxes or earns but I do care about how our politicians buy votes with those tax dollars rather than generating actual compassionate results which means solving problems not creating greater dependence.
    Equal outcome? I don't want poor people to be anything other than poor people. Well, that's not true, I wish everyone success in life. But I ultimately don't care if they do or don't succeed. What I care about is that they have money to spend. When they spend money, I make money. I want them to be able to buy ribeye, instead of chuck, because it's an extra 4.50 per pound in my pocket.

    As for wealthy people influencing your life, they absolutely have. They and government control your cost of living, within your lifestyle. You don't get a vote on how much gas costs. You never did. And you don't get a vote on how much food costs. You never did.

    The rest of your post I agree with 100%. All I can say is, start voting third party.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  6. #456
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    wait, are you saying Americans need to be bigger consumers of chinese crap walmart has for sale?


    but in reality, I agree, cut taxes ACROSS THE BOARD.
    The problem with that is, it also means cutting SPENDING. And our government is literally DESIGNED to insure that spending cuts almost never happen. Sans revolution of some type, we are NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER going to see our government cutting it's own paycheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #457
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I'd like to think my affect on others personally is a positive one. My bankroll really is irrellevant other than to whom I give jobs to.
    Unless you make over 5 million per year, I am not referring to you.


    As a business owner with staff, yeah, sure, you have a dramatic affect...on those staff members. But being a nice guy isn't always in the cards for you, is it? From time to time, you have to make hard decisions, because to not do so would jeapordise your own solvency.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  8. #458
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, which is quite different than the European economy that depends more on govt. spending which is why austerity doesn't work in those countries because it cuts off the life blood of their economy. More spendable income here encourages consumption and thus economic growth.
    Yes. The ideal would be less taxes for EVERYONE. The problem is, that's just what it is, an ideal. Short of some kind of revolution, I can assure you, no cuts in spending or every coming. Hell, SEQUESTRATION, was brought about as some sort of punishment, when it should have been welcomed with open arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  9. #459
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,400

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    The problem with that is, it also means cutting SPENDING. And our government is literally DESIGNED to insure that spending cuts almost never happen. Sans revolution of some type, we are NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER going to see our government cutting it's own paycheck.

    It's designed by the ruling class, who keeps the laws in thier favor no matter who you raise the taxes on. It is time for a tax revolution.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #460
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,400

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Unless you make over 5 million per year, I am not referring to you.
    Sort of like the president, talking about the evil one percent while trying to raise taxes on those making over 200k.

    slight of hand my friend.

    As a business owner with staff, yeah, sure, you have a dramatic affect...on those staff members. But being a nice guy isn't always in the cards for you, is it? From time to time, you have to make hard decisions, because to not do so would jeapordise your own solvency.

    of course, but such is life.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •