Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 972

Thread: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

  1. #441
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    No it's not, because it debunks the myth that there is never "not enough" due to economic growth.

    The idea that there is infinite wealth, or resources, that our economy can just grow, flies in the face of science.
    HAH! I love when people throw around "science" as if it adds value to an argument.

    Wealth is created, not taken. You create wealth. The finite value of wealth is not bounded, it is the sum total of what has been created, not a limitation on what can be created. Your argument is like saying that there is a finite number of written songs at any given moment therefore you can not write a song without taking the song from someone else.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #442
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I never said this.



    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Bottom 50% of people pay 3% of all taxes.

    who hacked your account or is using your account as an alt then?


    If you have nothing to say, go bother someone else, please.
    If you can't remember what you posted just a few minutes ago, go elsewhere.

    If you don't understand what "all" means, go elsewhere.

  3. #443
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    And before someone posts more class envy bull****, the reason why having a larger group of CONSUMERS within a CONSUMER economy giving up a higher percentage of their earning to keep the US afloat than a SMALL group of consumers becomes a problem, is because we ALL.....ALL of us, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US....relies heavily on the consumption that larger group of consumers does. Reducing their ability to consume in order to lesson the tax liability for a few people does not make economic sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #444
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Federal income tax accounts for about half of all taxes brought in.

    You're forgetting sales tax, excise taxes, property taxes, etc.

    I think if you add all that in, especially property taxes you will find the top pay way more.

    I don't have the link right now, but the numbers clearly show that, yes, the wealthy DO pay more total taxes than the rest....but it's far, far LESS of a percentage of total earnings.

    If so or if not, you would have to show me. What I can say, is this is a perfect argument for a non-essentials flat consumption tax. Get rid of the irs, and all these crazy laws.


    In other words, everyone else SACRIFICES more of their total earnings to pay their tax bill than the wealthy.


    That's irrellevant. if I have more money, I have more money, if I'm paying a higher percentage, I'm paying a higher percentage. what that affects on my quality of life or money saved, really isn't the governments business.

    Confiscatory taxes are not the answer.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #445
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    It's not about punishment. It's about making our society solvent, while improving our economy, and preparing for the future.


    Also, there are PLENTY of rich people who have an affect on your life, personally....you're just not thinking broadly enough.
    No, it is about punishment because this country was built on equal opportunity NOT equal outcome and that is what liberals are promoting by demonizing those who produce since there really is no benefit to raising taxes on the top 1% 32 billion a year. the only influence rich people had on my life was a desire to be more like them without giving up my family life and I was able to do that by keeping my priorities straight. I don't give a damn how much money someone else pays in taxes or earns but I do care about how our politicians buy votes with those tax dollars rather than generating actual compassionate results which means solving problems not creating greater dependence.

  6. #446
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    And before someone posts more class envy bull****, the reason why having a larger group of CONSUMERS within a CONSUMER economy giving up a higher percentage of their earning to keep the US afloat than a SMALL group of consumers becomes a problem, is because we ALL.....ALL of us, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US....relies heavily on the consumption that larger group of consumers does. Reducing their ability to consume in order to lesson the tax liability for a few people does not make economic sense.


    wait, are you saying Americans need to be bigger consumers of chinese crap walmart has for sale?


    but in reality, I agree, cut taxes ACROSS THE BOARD.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #447
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    It's not about punishment. It's about making our society solvent, while improving our economy, and preparing for the future.


    Also, there are PLENTY of rich people who have an affect on your life, personally....you're just not thinking broadly enough.



    I'd like to think my affect on others personally is a positive one. My bankroll really is irrellevant other than to whom I give jobs to.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #448
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    And before someone posts more class envy bull****, the reason why having a larger group of CONSUMERS within a CONSUMER economy giving up a higher percentage of their earning to keep the US afloat than a SMALL group of consumers becomes a problem, is because we ALL.....ALL of us, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US....relies heavily on the consumption that larger group of consumers does. Reducing their ability to consume in order to lesson the tax liability for a few people does not make economic sense.
    Yes, which is quite different than the European economy that depends more on govt. spending which is why austerity doesn't work in those countries because it cuts off the life blood of their economy. More spendable income here encourages consumption and thus economic growth.

  9. #449
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    HAH! I love when people throw around "science" as if it adds value to an argument.

    Wealth is created, not taken. You create wealth. The finite value of wealth is not bounded, it is the sum total of what has been created, not a limitation on what can be created. Your argument is like saying that there is a finite number of written songs at any given moment therefore you can not write a song without taking the song from someone else.
    You are correct. Crops are GROWN, not taken. Gold is MINED, not stolen. Well....as long as it's your land....but whatever, you know what I mean.

    What I am saying to you isn't a contradiction to that, what I saying to you is, there is only a finite amount created at any given point in time. In other words, only so many crops can be grown within a fixed time. So, of that wealth creation, if 95% of it is going to a few, the rest very much does have to be dolled out among the many, based on THEIR ability. We have now an economic system, crafted by democrats and republicans, that ensures that the act of HAVING wealth, ensures the generation of FUTURE wealth. In other words, by no other virtue other than having a lot of many, people can fairly easily make a LOT MORE MONEY. This has resulted in the new wealth generated by the actors within our economy increasingly going to the few.

    Which, in of itself, isn't really a problem, EXCEPT....the few are buying up the resources the rest of us need to live. Houses, food, water. These things are becoming the property of an increasingly smaller percent of society.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  10. #450
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    who hacked your account or is using your account as an alt then?




    If you can't remember what you posted just a few minutes ago, go elsewhere.

    If you don't understand what "all" means, go elsewhere.


    all taxes as related to the chart, My mistake thinking you were smart enough to understand that.


    I really don't care for "gotcha games".


    run along now.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •