Page 41 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 972

Thread: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

  1. #401
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that fails
    Got it, a record of a point in time does not, cannot, exist....and at that point in time captured wealth cannot be understood to exist in a finite amount......because as you so eloquently stated:

    "uh...."
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #402
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    sure you can try and take a snapshot but it is already out of date by the time you try and process it.
    You just admitted that finite amounts of wealth exist at a point in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #403
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Geez, you people can't hold anything still, there either is or is not at any single point in time a finite amount of captured wealth on this planet.

    So which is it?
    What is wealth? We can create an infinite number of numbers on a computer and call it money. It doesn't matter if the Mona Lisa sells for a buck at the dollar general or a trillion dollars to somebody--there is only 1 Mona Lisa.

  4. #404
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    What is wealth? .
    There is a process of repeating a word until it becomes just the utterance of meaningless tones. I sincerely hope you are not also going down this absurd path as the others are.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #405
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    good thing we can always add more pie. something you still don't seem to get.
    We have been adding more pie for 30 years and nearly all of it has gone to the top 5%. That's what share of total income increases mean.


  6. #406
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There is a process of repeating a word until it becomes just the utterance of meaningless tones. I sincerely hope you are not also going down this absurd path as the others are.
    It is an important point. The top 1% that will own "half the wealth", will they own half the land? Will they own half the water? As I said before, there is only one Mona Lisa so what does it matter if the price for it is $1 as opposed to $100 as opposed to $1,000,000,000.00? Isn't the "wealth" that the Walton heirs own contingent on how much money the next person is willing to buy it for? Surely you do not think that the property and cash registers and warehouses full of pickles is why their "wealth" is what it is?

  7. #407
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Yeah.. but I would argue that this cycle starts with the perception by business that government can be profitable. There is a reason why industries usually lobby for regulation.




    Sure - make it unprofitable by sharply reducing the governments' ability to steer resources and provide competitive regulatory advantage.
    Great idea.
    Will the lobbyists allow the government to do so? Will government give up power?

    Certainly not voluntarily.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #408
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Name for me one rich person that prevented you from joining them or actually hurt you and your family? We take money out of politics by implementing term limits but politicians aren't going to support that. Right now it isn't the rich causing the problem it is the politicians buying the votes of the poor and middle class with their promises and growth in entitlement spending.

    How can African Americans support Obama when their unemployment rate is over 10%. Free handouts!!

    How about the social liberals whose number one issue is either pot or SSM? Obama supports those causes with his rhetoric. these people are too damn stupid to vote because without a strong growing economy the social issues will never be solved but their votes will be bought.

    How about all those ads about Free Healthcare supplements? Do you know anything in this country that is free? Someone is paying for it and it is the taxpayers who actually pay taxes.

    We have a bunch of idiots who have been brainwashed not even knowing what their taxes are and what those taxes fund nor do they appear to give a damn. We are in a sad state here in this country today and I blame it all on liberalism and their ignorance of reality.
    That's because you define "liberalism" as anything that is contrary to your world view, and you don't understand the influence of money on political decisions.

    It take a lot of money to brainwash idiots, you know.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #409
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You just admitted that finite amounts of wealth exist at a point in time.
    strawman. way to ignore the rest of the post but that is what you people do.

  10. #410
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    We have been adding more pie for 30 years and nearly all of it has gone to the top 5%. That's what share of total income increases mean.

    yet people can still buy houses, cars, TV, they still get their pay checks etc ...
    why? because we can simply add more to the pie as we need to as the economy grows.

Page 41 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •