Page 39 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 972

Thread: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

  1. #381
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you can whine all you want but wages are buying the commodity of labor. why pay more when you don't have to or you aren't getting any better quality/ with more an more people, the supply of labor has increased meaning the COST should go down
    You ignored the entire previous comment, so I think this is a good time to bow out for the night.

  2. #382
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I get it-you started with personal comments and don't like it when your argument is shown to be moronic
    On the contrary, I started with logic (finite wealth) and fact (US wages), you turned it into personal comments about my supposed lack of success.....and went tumbling down into your swamp......when you suddenly went all sports and entertainment (!?!).

    Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #383
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    On the contrary, I started with logic (finite wealth) and fact (US wages), you turned it into personal comments about my supposed lack of success.....and went tumbling down into your swamp......when you suddenly went all sports and entertainment (!?!).

    Cheers!
    there is no logic in claims of finite wealth at the present time.



  4. #384
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is no logic in claims of finite wealth at the present time.
    Then you confuse currency with wealth.

  5. #385
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is no logic in claims of finite wealth at the present time.
    Right...or at any single point in time....captured wealth is infinite always.

    Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #386
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Then you confuse currency with wealth.
    Uh no I don't



  7. #387
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Right...or at any single point in time....captured wealth is infinite always.

    Cheers!
    you pretend the pie cannot get bigger



  8. #388
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, an infinite amount has not existed.



    I never said they could.
    doesn't have to exist the fact is the fed can add more money into the economy as needed. if it wasn't the case then there is no way that the US would be able to uphold it's multi trillion dollar economy if everything was a fixed amount as you people claim.

    all the resources would have been eaten up long ago.

    it is being implied that unless something is done the 1% will own everything. that is simply not possible based on how our and other nations economies are setup.
    it is nothing more than a meme argument and class warefare.

    OMG those 1% people will own everything if we don't do something about it soon. they will just eat up the entire money supply and no one else will have anything.
    it is a load of BS and always has been.

  9. #389
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    What do you think? The middle class is disappearing. At one time increases in productivity equated to wage increases.
    https://fortune.com/2015/01/19/the-1...6-report-says/
    The richest 1% of the population will own more than half of the world’s wealth by next year as inequality continues its relentless rise across the globe, a new report out Monday says.

    The report, by the U.K.-based charity Oxfam, shows that the top 1% have grown their share of global wealth constantly since 2010. After dipping at 44% in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, it rose to 48% by the end of last year and is poised to top 50% by the end of next year.
    That's what happens when we have so much free trade across the globe. Between corporate tax rates, legal requirements, insurance requirements, wage requirements, etc...

    The US manufacturing sector, which was the bulk of the middle-class is going extinct. We need to bring back tariffs and return manufacturing here.

    You can all thank president Clinton and the republican congress he had for this.

  10. #390
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: The 1% will own more than the 99% by 2016, report says

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    What do you think? The middle class is disappearing. At one time increases in productivity equated to wage increases.
    https://fortune.com/2015/01/19/the-1...6-report-says/
    The richest 1% of the population will own more than half of the world’s wealth by next year as inequality continues its relentless rise across the globe, a new report out Monday says.

    The report, by the U.K.-based charity Oxfam, shows that the top 1% have grown their share of global wealth constantly since 2010. After dipping at 44% in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, it rose to 48% by the end of last year and is poised to top 50% by the end of next year.

    OK, thought experiment time. If we took everything away from the 1% and gave it to the bottom 50% what would happen?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 39 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •