Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #1
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address | Fox News

    Let's here it Obama supporters how does taxing the rich benefit the U.S. economy and how much money is going to be generated to fund the liberal spending appetite?

    Class warfare is never going to solve the problems we face in this country and what ever happened to incentive to create more upper class individuals? Growing up I always strove to generate enough money to pay for a family that I hoped to have and fund charities that I want to support. My education process taught me the value of hard work and the desire to succeed. What happened to that philosophy in today's world? Why is it the Federal Government's role to tell the private sector where to spend its own money and on what?

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address | Fox News

    Let's here it Obama supporters how does taxing the rich benefit the U.S. economy and how much money is going to be generated to fund the liberal spending appetite?

    Class warfare is never going to solve the problems we face in this country and what ever happened to incentive to create more upper class individuals? Growing up I always strove to generate enough money to pay for a family that I hoped to have and fund charities that I want to support. My education process taught me the value of hard work and the desire to succeed. What happened to that philosophy in today's world? Why is it the Federal Government's role to tell the private sector where to spend its own money and on what?
    Benefitting those with a higher Marginal propensity to consume usually helps a consumer driven economy

  3. #3
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Benefitting those with a higher Marginal propensity to consume usually helps a consumer driven economy
    Taking from the top end to redistribute to the lower classes doesn't benefit anyone especially since it is the Govt. doing the redistribution. Too much waste, fraud, and abuse of our taxdollars to do any good and per Obama this tax on the rich will generate 32 billion dollars a year enough to run out govt. for a couple days and certainly a waste of money and effort. Let the rich spend their dollars, invest their dollars, save their dollars the way they want without govt. intervention. That is the American way where neighbor helps neighbor and nothing defines the Federal Govt. as that neighbor.

  4. #4
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Submit a budget, let's debate it, show what you want to add with the tax money and let's if we can justify a tax increase.

    I don't think it can be done.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Submit a budget, let's debate it, show what you want to add with the tax money and let's if we can justify a tax increase.

    I don't think it can be done.
    Obama will submit a budget as required, it will exceed 3.9 trillion dollars and continue to bloated federal bureaucracy we have today that the Republicans will reject and the liberals will cry that the Republicans want to starve kids, kill seniors, and pollute the air, same old playbook and more proof that Gruber was right about the liberal base.

  6. #6
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama will submit a budget as required, it will exceed 3.9 trillion dollars and continue to bloated federal bureaucracy we have today that the Republicans will reject and the liberals will cry that the Republicans want to starve kids, kill seniors, and pollute the air, same old playbook and more proof that Gruber was right about the liberal base.
    You could probably guess, but I believe they have taxed us enough. I am also on the side that we should not be taxed by the Federal Government. Only the state. Unfortunately, that is never going away.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    I have said it time and again, the only truly fair tax is one that affects everyone the same (outside of possible the very poor).

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Taking from the top end to redistribute to the lower classes doesn't benefit anyone especially since it is the Govt. doing the redistribution. Too much waste, fraud, and abuse of our taxdollars to do any good and per Obama this tax on the rich will generate 32 billion dollars a year enough to run out govt. for a couple days and certainly a waste of money and effort. Let the rich spend their dollars, invest their dollars, save their dollars the way they want without govt. intervention. That is the American way where neighbor helps neighbor and nothing defines the Federal Govt. as that neighbor.
    and here, in the OP, your whole complain was about what benefits the economy.

    you can't have your cake, and eat it too

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    You could probably guess, but I believe they have taxed us enough. I am also on the side that we should not be taxed by the Federal Government. Only the state. Unfortunately, that is never going away.
    how in the world would this function?

  10. #10
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    and here, in the OP, your whole complain was about what benefits the economy.

    you can't have your cake, and eat it too
    Taking tax dollars from anyone today to the extent this govt. does it doesn't benefit anyone. We need about a 1.5 trillion dollar or less federal govt. and every dollar going to the Federal Govt. should go for Constitutional requirements which is for defense, judicial, health and human services, and that is about it.

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •