Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #781
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Then why ask for more tax revenue? He would be more popular with taxpayers if he didn't.
    I have no clue, except to assume that he is pandering to the crowd that is worried about income disparity. But in all fairness, not only did he propose more capital gains tax revenue on the rich, he also proposed tax cuts for the middle class - Fox News accidently forgot to include that in their headlines.

    I suspect he is also looking for bargaining chips, to get whatever it is he really wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #782
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Apparently the anti-obama people think they can balance the budget, expand the military, and pay off the debt without raising taxes. Good luck with that. You have two years before you lose a chamber again.

  3. #783
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Apparently the anti-obama people think they can balance the budget, expand the military, and pay off the debt without raising taxes. Good luck with that. You have two years before you lose a chamber again.
    All they have to do is to eliminate the dept of education. Don't you know that?

    Or maybe it was social security and medicare, I can't remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #784
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Apparently the anti-obama people think they can balance the budget, expand the military, and pay off the debt without raising taxes. Good luck with that. You have two years before you lose a chamber again.
    And the pro Obama group thinks you can grow the private sector economy by taking income out of the hands of the people who earned it. Brilliant liberal economic strategy and total ignorance.

  5. #785
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    All they have to do is to eliminate the dept of education. Don't you know that?

    Or maybe it was social security and medicare, I can't remember.
    Do they have an education system in your state that taught you about our Founders and the role of the Federal Govt? Why don't we just eliminate all the states, send all the money to DC and let the politicians there send it wherever they want and spend it on whatever?

  6. #786
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    All they have to do is to eliminate the dept of education. Don't you know that?

    Or maybe it was social security and medicare, I can't remember.
    Well, Obama eliminated the White House tours and they just about had a stroke, so I would think something like social security going would drive folks right over the edge. No worries though--We have a plan to rename the department of education the department of home-schoolin' that ways they will have to fund it because people with no education are easily tricked that away.

  7. #787
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And the pro Obama group thinks you can grow the private sector economy by taking income out of the hands of the people who earned it. Brilliant liberal economic strategy and total ignorance.
    Perhaps but those of us who do not want to "grow the economy" but to manage its natural contraction in the face of changing demographics want to take all your money and spend it on drop boxes for kids to steal your guns and deposit them into, and other such brilliant plans.

  8. #788
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do they have an education system in your state that taught you about our Founders and the role of the Federal Govt?
    Yes.

    Why don't we just eliminate all the states, send all the money to DC and let the politicians there send it wherever they want and spend it on whatever?
    I think that would be a good idea, I prefer that we be one nation, rather than 50 individual states, but I'm surprised you would suggest such.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #789
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Yes.



    I think that would be a good idea, I prefer that we be one nation, rather than 50 individual states, but I'm surprised you would suggest such.

    Just giving you something I know you can support because we all know one size fits all in your world as the cost of living in SC is exactly the same as it is in NY and we know politicians in DC know what is best for you and your state

  10. #790
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Perhaps but those of us who do not want to "grow the economy" but to manage its natural contraction in the face of changing demographics want to take all your money and spend it on drop boxes for kids to steal your guns and deposit them into, and other such brilliant plans.
    Yep, that sounds like exactly what liberals want

Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •