Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #741
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,571

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Hundreds of billions? Really? out of a 800 billion dollar budget, that is your claim? Any idea what expenses are in that number? How about military salaries and benefits
    I assume that salaries and benefits were paid out of the 800 billion dollar budget. Why wouldn't they be?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #742
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    War is hell and always will be. Iraq was won by Bush and Obama has lost the peace.
    Iraq was won by 4,500 dead soldiers and tens of thousands more that are now maimed for life.
    Not to mention the 22 who commit suicide every day and all the rest in an overloaded VA system because of the two lying scumbag chickenhawks Bush/Cheney.
    Assuming the color of blood belongs to one party is a despicable thing for you to say.
    and You have no idea how many Iraqi civilians were killed in Iraq by Americans but that doesn't stop you from complaining
    Obviously you don't either--though it's an easy Google.
    In your world, does over 100,000 Iraqi civilians killed by a war based on a LIE mean anything ?
    Physics is Phun

  3. #743
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Hundreds of billions? Really? out of a 800 billion dollar budget, that is your claim? Any idea what expenses are in that number? How about military salaries and benefits
    We have no reason to believe that the last reported figure of unexplained expenditures has improved so lets say 25%. Thats $200 billion which will be disappeared into the pockets of unknown individuals for unknown reasons and this is how it tries to hide it. People should have been sent to federal prison for this years ago but I doubt anyone, Republican or Democrat, has the spine to take on this issue.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 01-21-15 at 09:12 PM.

  4. #744
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    There was no need to fight in Iraq in the first place.
    Too late, that war is over, the debt is on the books, too late to do anything about it now. You voted for Obama who has generated terrible economic results, is using drones to kill innocent civilians, and ran up a 7.6 trillion dollar debt but the best you can do is relive what you cannot control or change. Still supporting Obama?

  5. #745
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Where do you want to start cutting the budget--not just keep each department frozen at the same level as the previous year ?
    I have told you where I would start cutting the budget many times but you ignored it. Take SS and Medicare off budget and then return all other social programs including unemployment, healthcare to the states. eliminate the Depts. of education, transportation, and commerce. I can go on but none of it matters to liberals who would go in the other direction

  6. #746
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Iraq never attacked us. Bush lost the peace by attacking Iraq, ISIS is the direct result of Bush's actions.

    Every penny we spent and continue to spend on Iraq is money down the drain, and adds to the federal debt.
    That is your opinion, there is nothing we can do about it now. Iraq was stable according to Obama when we pulled out so better get your story straight. The Iraq War is over, our troops are home, we have no bases in Iraq so what are we spending there and does it really matter now. Obama is in the WH, he saved us and still wants 3.9 trillion dollars, no war, no recession, no stimulus and what do you do, continue to live in the past ignoring the present

  7. #747
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I assume that salaries and benefits were paid out of the 800 billion dollar budget. Why wouldn't they be?
    That is where they belong but another so called progressive/liberal wants to cut hundreds of billions from the defense budget. I am still waiting for you to explain why we need a 3.9 trillion dollar budget? You can't so you continue to divert or try to justify it because of the so called small increase which is real dollars, no wars, no recession, no stimulus all included in the previous Obama budgets so now he wants to increase those budgets more, why?

  8. #748
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Iraq was won by 4,500 dead soldiers and tens of thousands more that are now maimed for life.
    Not to mention the 22 who commit suicide every day and all the rest in an overloaded VA system because of the two lying scumbag chickenhawks Bush/Cheney.
    Assuming the color of blood belongs to one party is a despicable thing for you to say.

    Obviously you don't either--though it's an easy Google.
    In your world, does over 100,000 Iraqi civilians killed by a war based on a LIE mean anything ?
    What means something to me is people like you continuing to live in the past. I had three family members in Iraq, did you serve? Stop with the self serving liberal bull**** and diversion. You buy everything your liberal leadership tells you while ignoring that which you can control and change now. I don't give a damn what Google says because it doesn't distinguish how many were actually killed in the war or by their own people.

  9. #749
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    We have no reason to believe that the last reported figure of unexplained expenditures has improved so lets say 25%. Thats $200 billion which will be disappeared into the pockets of unknown individuals for unknown reasons and this is how it tries to hide it. People should have been sent to federal prison for this years ago but I doubt anyone, Republican or Democrat, has the spine to take on this issue.
    We have no war, we have no recession, we have no stimulus and "your" President has proposed a 800 billion dollar defense budget and a 3.9 trillion total. I assume you no longer support that?

  10. #750
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    We're all still waiting for you to tell us where the budget can be cut.
    Since you claim certain areas are off-limits ad must actually be raised.

    And when you would start your austerity budget--plunging us into a European recession.
    Like the one going on right now--dragging the World's economy down.

    We all know you people aren't willing to do anything Obama wants--afraid of something going right before the next election.
    We are forever mired in this 2-year unbroken circle .

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is where they belong but another so called progressive/liberal wants to cut hundreds of billions from the defense budget. I am still waiting for you to explain why we need a 3.9 trillion dollar budget? You can't so you continue to divert or try to justify it because of the so called small increase which is real dollars, no wars, no recession, no stimulus all included in the previous Obama budgets so now he wants to increase those budgets more, why?
    Physics is Phun

Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •