Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #731
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No there isn't and I am sure there is waste, fraud, and abuse in that budget as well but "Slashing it" without details is a problem for me. The 3.9 trillion dollar U.S. Budget request from Obama included 800 billion for defense. That is about 20% of the budget for the major requirement of the Federal Govt. as required by the Constitution. I don't call that number outrageous or in need of slashing
    I don't call a less than 3% budget increase outrageous or in need of slashing.

    I guess it's just a matter of viewpoint. Who is to say who is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #732
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They were wrong, weren't they? 9/11 was planned during the Clinton term and the terrorists attended flight school with Clinton in office. Guess they saw Clinton shoot a multi million dollar missile into a tent in Afghanistan hitting a camel in the ass and thought that would be Bush's response as well. it wasn't and there are a lot of terrorists dead because of Bush's actions.
    There are also hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians too.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #733
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    There are also hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians too.
    I wonder where the constitution says that the US government should engage in an unprovoked war against a country that has never attacked us and was issuing no threats to attack us? Surely that's got to be in there somewhere, or else Conservative would be condemning Bush for that action.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #734
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Until you explain your vision for the Federal Govt. and its responsibility it would serve no purpose and you wouldn't understand it anyway. I have posted mu line item budget many times. Liberals would go ballistic because they need something to whine about and rather than their state and local government they blame the Federal Govt. and that gives way to what Obama wants a massive central govt which 3.9 trillion is

  5. #735
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No there isn't and I am sure there is waste, fraud, and abuse in that budget as well but "Slashing it" without details is a problem for me. The 3.9 trillion dollar U.S. Budget request from Obama included 800 billion for defense. That is about 20% of the budget for the major requirement of the Federal Govt. as required by the Constitution. I don't call that number outrageous or in need of slashing
    The Department of Defense is the only government department or agency that I know of which has been declared un-auditable by GAO for over a decade and their failure to retain documentation of their expenditures is a violation of federal law. It was determined that at least 25% of its expenditures were unaccounted for the last time they could even come close to an audit. Hundreds of billions of dollars disappeared into unknown pockets. And you want to give them MORE money?

  6. #736
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    There are also hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians too.
    War is hell and always will be. Iraq was won by Bush and Obama has lost the peace. You have no idea how many Iraqi civilians were killed in Iraq by Americans but that doesn't stop you from complaining

  7. #737
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    The Department of Defense is the only government department or agency that I know of which has been declared un-auditable by GAO for over a decade and their failure to retain documentation of their expenditures is a violation of federal law. It was determined that at least 25% of its expenditures were unaccounted for the last time they could even come close to an audit. Hundreds of billions of dollars disappeared into unknown pockets. And you want to give them MORE money?
    Hundreds of billions? Really? out of a 800 billion dollar budget, that is your claim? Any idea what expenses are in that number? How about military salaries and benefits

  8. #738
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    War is hell and always will be. Iraq was won by Bush and Obama has lost the peace. You have no idea how many Iraqi civilians were killed in Iraq by Americans but that doesn't stop you from complaining
    There was no need to fight in Iraq in the first place.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #739
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Where do you want to start cutting the budget--not just keep each department frozen at the same level as the previous year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Hundreds of billions? Really? out of a 800 billion dollar budget, that is your claim? Any idea what expenses are in that number? How about military salaries and benefits
    Physics is Phun

  10. #740
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    War is hell and always will be. Iraq was won by Bush and Obama has lost the peace.
    Iraq never attacked us. Bush lost the peace by attacking Iraq, ISIS is the direct result of Bush's actions.

    Every penny we spent and continue to spend on Iraq is money down the drain, and adds to the federal debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •