Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #631
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Would the poor economy have prevented small business hiring? Seems reasonable.
    Large companies are sitting on significant cash amounts as they do not see the economy improving, And will do so until they see that.
    Now the middle class many pay little tax.
    Can you define middle class and provide evidence they pay little tax?
    Define what you mean by "many"?
    On another thread a member posted the poor pay no tax and just go on welfare. Do you agree with the point the member made?
    Copied below
    Poor people don't pay income taxes and they consume goods, using taxpayer funded welfare.
    Creating more poormfolks isn't going to help the the economy.
    Yes, the poor economy would lead to less hiring, your point? Where was the Obama leadership? Stimulus? LOL, Obamacare? LOL

    Yes, companies are sitting on a large amount of cash because they have no idea what Obamacare or what the next Obama tax and regulations are going to cost. they cannot print money therefore they have to save their case in anticipation of higher costs

    Yes, the middle class pays very little in income taxes as evidenced by the number of people that actual do pay federal income taxes. You can get that number from the IRS.

    Robert Reich, a professor of Public Policy at the University of California-Berkeley and former Secretary of Labor, has suggested the middle class be defined as households making 50 percent higher and lower than the median, which would mean the average middle class annual income is $25,500 to $76,500
    Many means that approximately 47% of all income earners or the 147 million working Americans pay almost zero FIT, that is an IRS number

    If you get unemployment insurance for two years where is the incentive to find a job

    Yes, poor people getting welfare buy certain goods and service but not enough to make a difference in the economy. Most buy the necessities and not what it takes to keep the economy growing

    Creating more poor folks is what the Democrat Party is doing, reducing incentives to work and creating greater dependence thus giving the Congress more power

  2. #632
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Nice.

    I thought I'd add something. Consider it a gift in return for the recipe.
    Did you recognize that recipe? It is what many people - almost all people in fact - call and APPLE PIE. But I think it sounds better if you name it after a teeny tiny ingredient that makes up less that 99.9% of the pie- CINAMMON.

    You are doing the same thing. Even though 99.% of the Americans who die each year do not pay an estate tax - you and some others prefer to name it after a teeny tiny slice of the people who do pay it and die just like all the other 99.9% even though they are dead but DO NOT PAY and ridiculous DEATH TAX.

    And some desk jockey who writes IRS code is just as much a total idiot if he subscribes to the same nonsense.

    Do you have a recipe for humble pie?
    I suspect you are the master in that department. Feel free to post your tried and true one. You have earned it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #633
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,871

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, the poor economy would lead to less hiring, your point? Where was the Obama leadership? Stimulus? LOL, Obamacare? LOL

    Yes, companies are sitting on a large amount of cash because they have no idea what Obamacare or what the next Obama tax and regulations are going to cost. they cannot print money therefore they have to save their case in anticipation of higher costs

    Yes, the middle class pays very little in income taxes as evidenced by the number of people that actual do pay federal income taxes. You can get that number from the IRS.



    Many means that approximately 47% of all income earners or the 147 million working Americans pay almost zero FIT, that is an IRS number

    If you get unemployment insurance for two years where is the incentive to find a job

    Yes, poor people getting welfare buy certain goods and service but not enough to make a difference in the economy. Most buy the necessities and not what it takes to keep the economy growing

    Creating more poor folks is what the Democrat Party is doing, reducing incentives to work and creating greater dependence thus giving the Congress more power
    The world economy is in slow growth and many worry deflation in some countries. Blaming the president and ObamaCare does not cut it.
    Tax increase/ cuts - along with spending cuts - well all are needed.
    Business is sitting on cash as they do not see an expansion- Not due to ObamaCare, that is a partisan opinion.
    The 47 % that Romney spoke about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  4. #634
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    The world economy is in slow growth and many worry deflation in some countries. Blaming the president and ObamaCare does not cut it.
    Tax increase/ cuts - along with spending cuts - well all are needed.
    Business is sitting on cash as they do not see an expansion- Not due to ObamaCare, that is a partisan opinion.
    The 47 % that Romney spoke about?
    The U.S. economy is the best in the world. If you sit around on your ass waiting for something to happen, it will and you won't like the results.

    Why are tax increases necessary? do you have any idea what the budget of the United States is and where the money goes? Please explain to me why we need a 3.9 trillion dollar Federal Govt. along with your state and local governments?

    Have you ever done any business planning. Companies plan at least five years into the future. Do you have any idea what Obama did to business in 2009? Where does the money come from to pay for higher taxes and higher employee benefits? What if the consumer won't pay for those cost increases? Where does the company get the money?

    The 47% Romney talked about came from IRS data, where else should it come from?

  5. #635
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have no idea what you posted, what was the post number?
    FFS, the response in post 626 was a link to the original post. Can't you get anything right tonight? Don't you recognize a link when it is posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #636
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Both, that one....and the one I posted, show clearly the con got it wrong.
    But "that one" didn't show any such thing. Your compatriot is making a foolish argument regardless of how on point you think your argument is.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #637
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I am discussing the use of a pointless graph, I'm not taking a stand. If that graph is what you are going by then you aren't making your point.
    is there a reason you ignored my last reply to your comment, or was it an "accident"?

  8. #638
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    But "that one" didn't show any such thing.
    Yes, it did, GDP gains were occurring as G declined, ergo G was not the cause of GDP gains.
    Your compatriot is making a foolish argument regardless of how on point you think your argument is.
    The posters graph, as did mine, showed con was incorrect which neither you nor con can accept.....but then I did not expect an acceptance of facts from either of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #639
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    his point was not about multipliers or ROI.

    his point was that the GDP increased ("much") due to an increase in the "G" component in the equation that defines GDP. Which is of course completely at odds with what the data I provided show.
    I missed this.

    The average "G" was very high for the last 7 years compared to the previous 16 in both dollars and % of GDP. There is no doubt that the dollars spent over the last 7 years have been very high. Your graph doesn't show your point, nor does it prove Conservative's point.

    As for "much increased", I would have to side with Conservative based on the $3.5 trillion from QE 1,2&3 as well as the nearly $1 trillion in stimulus we are talking $4+ trillion pumped into the economy... I think that qualifies as "much".
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #640
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, it did, GDP gains were occurring as G declined, ergo G was not the cause of GDP gains.The posters graph, as did mine, showed con was incorrect which neither you nor con can accept.....but then I did not expect an acceptance of facts from either of you.
    The average over that 7 years was still well above average, the private GDP eventually catching up to the federal spending doesn't prove your point.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 01-21-15 at 12:23 AM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •