Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #591
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,806

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love proud liberals because they show why I could never be a liberal as
    I have much higher expectations than adding 7.6 trillion to the debt,
    How much of that added debt was due to interest on the previous total accumulated debt?
    Why did the GOP and TEA party walk away from Sen. Coburn's Back-in-Black plan, not to mention sabotaging the Grand Bargain?
    I'm sure you agree we'd have a balanced budget by now without those 2 GOP/TEAs holding Boehner back.
    having one million more people employed than 7 years ago when the recession began,
    How does that number compare to the highest level of unemployment, at 10.4%?
    much of the GDP growth due to govt. spending
    Which the GOP is now taking credit for.
    record numbers of discouraged workers during his term
    A direct effect from your party's Great recession.
    Gruber sure nailed it in describing the liberal electorate and you appear to have very low expectations.
    Still the lame Gruber insult.
    Sorry I just don't see a lot to be proud of
    Until a GOP is President with the same or lower numbers .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #592
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,806

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    See, you ask what all socialists ask, how much is enough? Why do you care? How does any rich person hurt you or your family?

    With the attitude you and other liberals have there is no question that the next Great Depression will hurt you and those like you a lot more than the top 1%
    So now I'm a Socialist and a Liberal.

    I have to get ready to coach a wrestling meet this evening--a most conservative community of coaches and parents.
    Think Congressman Jim Jordan of Ohio.

    I'll catch up with you later after the SOTU and the GOP spinsters .
    Physics is Phun

  3. #593
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,864

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Of course they are available to me. Just as they are available to you. My condolences to the loved ones of the 2.4 million. Thanks for the opportunity to express that.
    About 2.4 million Americans die each year.

    Roughly 33,500 estates filed returns in 2009 but fewer than half—only 14,700—of those estates had to pay any estate tax at all. Estate tax liability totaled $20.6 billion.
    If you do the math, that comes out to 0.006125% of the Americans who died paid the estate tax.

    But you and the radical right wants to call a tax which DOES NOT APPLY to 99.99% of the Americans who died as a death tax because an infinitesimal amount of those who died paid it!!!!!!!

    That might work in Wonderland using Mad Hatter logic but fails utterly in the real world.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #594
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,806

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course I disagree with anyone especially politicians who believe that people keeping more of what they earn is bad and that is an expense to the govt. What accounting class did you take that makes that kind of claim?

    Now I am waiting for you to explain how some rich person prevented you from joining them? If you are rich why aren't you sending more of your income to the Federal Govt. as they do take donations.
    As soon as all folks are required to do as you are advising me to do, I'm game.

    And just know that I'm for means-testing of all public pensions, not a very popular position in my circles.
    Again, until all one million retirees in Illinois don't get COLA for a few years, we don't save billions which are being cut from education right now.

    Why are you against closing tax loopholes for yourself, the rich ?
    Physics is Phun

  5. #595
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,806

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    And now we have a third GOP response to Obama, Rand Paul.
    McConnell made a deal with him and simply just can't say no.

    Too bad the DEMs don't have the balls to respond to the GOP responses .
    Physics is Phun

  6. #596
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It looked like con argued that the rise in GDP was a result of fed spending, you seem to be arguing against con.
    I am not arguing for or against either side. I am pointing out that a graph of government spending as a % of GDP doesn't prove or disprove either side of that argument.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #597
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    About 2.4 million Americans die each year.



    If you do the math, that comes out to 0.006125% of the Americans who died paid the estate tax.

    But you and the radical right wants to call a tax which DOES NOT APPLY to 99.99% of the Americans who died as a death tax because an infinitesimal amount of those who died paid it!!!!!!!

    That might work in Wonderland using Mad Hatter logic but fails utterly in the real world.
    Congratulations!

    You took responsibility for yourself, and obtained the information you were seeking.

    Given the number, doesn't it embarrass you a bit that the left is so over the top obsessed with the issue? And since when did the number of people involved have any impact on the proper naming of something? "Gee, only .006125% of people are involved, so we can't call something what it is. If the number was like .008125%, we might be able to do that...." Too funny.

    Considering the fact that DEATH TAXES impact very few people, and for the most part, proper estate planning avoids most tax consequences, all that is left is a shiny object surrounded by an appeal to greed and envy that is being dangled by the President and the people pulling your strings.

    It's rather glorious to see such extreme effort being applied to something that can't be denied, just because it apparently strikes a nerve or something else that I can't understand.

  8. #598
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I am not arguing for or against either side. I am pointing out that a graph of government spending as a % of GDP doesn't prove or disprove either side of that argument.
    But....the fact is.....Con is wrong, GDP gain was not "mostly govt spending"..whether or not you believe the graph showed it or not (and it did, gdp gains happened in spite of flattening govt spending).

    Move on, your "point" is lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #599
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,864

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Congratulations!

    You took responsibility for yourself, and obtained the information you were seeking.
    Which proved you wrong. Sorry I took so long getting back but I had myself a nice warm slice of cinnamon pie.

    Here is the recipe

    Ingredients

    Pastry

    2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
    4 to 6 tablespoons cold water

    Filling

    1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (8 medium)
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine
    Last edited by haymarket; 01-20-15 at 05:45 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #600
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Which proved you wrong.
    Oh no. Not at all. You're obsession doesn't give you the right to pull things out of your rear and make some claim. All you have done by making the effort is to prove how absurd the left's obsession is with the issue itself, and with the almost maniacal rejection of the accurate phrase, DEATH TAXES.

Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •