Page 56 of 95 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #551
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Because no society will stand in the long-term if the "spoils" are not equitably (fairly) distributed. The tax rate cuts of the early 1980's, which dropped the highest marginal rate under 50% were at the root of Wealth Disparity. Its reasonable to seek some roll-back of that as a means of easing the wealth disparity issue.Attachment 67179159
    wrong-what is the cause of wealth disparity is the changing economy and global labor markets. No longer can you get a middle class job easily with little education like could in the 50s working on an auto factory line. If you don't have hi-tech education skills you aren't going to get high wages. and government dependency is not helping with that



  2. #552
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love proud liberals because they show why I could never be a liberal as I have much higher expectations than adding 7.6 trillion to the debt, having one million more people employed than 7 years ago when the recession began, having 7.5 million full time part time workers who want full time jobs, much of the GDP growth due to govt. spending, record numbers of discouraged workers during his term, higher premiums and still 30 million uninsured after Obamacare, 11.2% U-6 unemployment. Gruber sure nailed it in describing the liberal electorate and you appear to have very low expectations. Sorry I just don't see a lot to be proud of
    you are literally----- dead wrong.

  3. #553
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nonsense.

    Are you seriously telling me you would BELIEVE Obama if he promised more shovel ready jobs ?

    Again ?

    And besides, " Stimulus for infrastructure to increase aggregate demand " doesn't work.

    Its like you people swore off the existence of Japan all together. Just because they've tried every left wing platitude and narrative you people upchuck on this forum daily and have FAILED.
    Of course it works, anytime you increase the number of jobs you increase demand which will increase the number of jobs.

    The reason Reagan was successful was because he spent money on Cold War stuff...Keynesian economics... it wasn't because he cut taxes... That's a right wing myth.


  4. #554
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    You could probably guess, but I believe they have taxed us enough. I am also on the side that we should not be taxed by the Federal Government. Only the state. Unfortunately, that is never going away.
    Most of the south would become 3rd world without a year, and there goes the military as well

    Come to think of it, that is a pretty great idea

  5. #555
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    you are literally----- dead wrong.
    Explain what that graphic has to do with what you were replying to.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #556
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    06-29-15 @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    323

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    semantics. you are filing what you will or will not owe and it is required 6 months after the person dies
    according to the IRS. so yes it is a death tax.

    semantics is not an argument but one makes it if they can't support their original position.
    It is not just semantics . Being required to file a report and being required to pay a tax are two very different things not just different words.
    A "death tax" implies that the state taxes dying, it does not and never has.
    The tax is paid by those receiving an unearned income in the form of an inheritance, just like winning the lottery is taxed as unearned income.
    Calling inheritance tax a "death tax" is not only dishonest it is misleading and inaccurate.
    If you don't like inheritance taxes, you can say so without lying.
    For some reason you can't bring yourself to do that.

  7. #557
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Explain what that graphic has to do with what you were replying to.

    "much of the GDP growth due to govt. spending"

  8. #558
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by d head View Post
    The relevant knowledge is that inheritance tax is not "death tax".
    I understand this simple fact.
    You have yet to gain that relevant knowledge because you insist on clinging to erroneous terminology and the only arguments you have are fictitious scenarios.
    Inheritance is unearned income and should be taxed.
    When do the estate taxes become due? Case closed. Learn something.

  9. #559
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    You would probably need to ask your wife how those issues were resolved, how the heck would I know. So did the dog end up with the money? I bet there were lot's of people volunteering to adopt it.

    Anyhow, I get your point. It's a tax on large estates which is levied only after death.

    For a number of years I have advocated that inheritance be treated exactly like any other form of income, and taxed at the standard income rate that earned income would have been taxed at.
    The estate provided for a caretaker of the dog who was compensated for the effort as long as the dog was living. To insure the dog didn't live to 50 years old, (think about it) she had to have an RFID chip surgically implanted, as well as a tattoo on the inside of it's lip.

    As to inheritance tax, I disagree, but there is a tiny argument to be made about such a thing. Considering the actual number of estates in question, the whole effort amounts to little more than a false flag operation by the left. It's a effort to further the "rich are bastards" meme to keep the troops focused on a shiny object, while other, far more important issues go unchecked, and remain ignored.

  10. #560
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Since there is no death tax - there is nobody to pay it.


    It is a purely political term used by political people in pursuit of a political goal to gain advantage in a political dispute. And that is admitted and acknowledged by one of the leading pushers of that dishonest term.
    You can flail, kick and scream, but the fact remains, it's a death tax. An estate is an extension of the person to whom it belongs. Upon that person's death, taxes are due. Not before. Until it's business is finalized, an estate remains an entity that must, if it qualifies, pay it's taxes due.

    Your ignorance of this fact and your insistence it's not true only serves to further eliminate your credibility.

Page 56 of 95 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •