Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    06-29-15 @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    323

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    You lack of any relevant knowledge on the subject is tiresome. Get some, and come back.
    The relevant knowledge is that inheritance tax is not "death tax".
    I understand this simple fact.
    You have yet to gain that relevant knowledge because you insist on clinging to erroneous terminology and the only arguments you have are fictitious scenarios.
    Inheritance is unearned income and should be taxed.

  2. #482
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    People don't always leave things to people. My wife had a client who left $400,000 to their dog. Tell me, does the dog sign the tax return with a paw print, or would an "X" scratched onto the surface work? Does the dog use it's SS number for tax references?
    You would probably need to ask your wife how those issues were resolved, how the heck would I know. So did the dog end up with the money? I bet there were lot's of people volunteering to adopt it.

    Anyhow, I get your point. It's a tax on large estates which is levied only after death.

    For a number of years I have advocated that inheritance be treated exactly like any other form of income, and taxed at the standard income rate that earned income would have been taxed at.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #483
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yes you are wrong.

    within 60 days of Death. it doesn't say within 60 days of passing it to someone else. it says within 60 days of death the estate taxes must be filed.
    so it is a death tax.
    I'm not doubting that, but probate can take far longer than that, and a complete valuation of an estate can't be made until probate is complete. When my uncle died, it was nearly two years before his estate issues were resolved. Until some of his unusual assets were disposed of, no valuation of them could really be made.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #484
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,739

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL. What if there is no human owner? Who pays the Death Tax then?
    Since there is no death tax - there is nobody to pay it.
    Well-known Republican pollster Frank Luntz wrote that the term "death tax" "kindled voter resentment in a way that 'inheritance tax' and 'estate tax' do not"
    It is a purely political term used by political people in pursuit of a political goal to gain advantage in a political dispute. And that is admitted and acknowledged by one of the leading pushers of that dishonest term.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #485
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, and there is a reason for it, California has one of the highest cost of livings and highest tax structure in the nation. All of the top 10 states in the nation in high cost of living are blue states as someone has to pay for all those "free" benefits. TX ranks very low in cost of living which obviously is something you will never understand. Please explain why so many in California are below the poverty level and why your state leads the nation in that category

    As for corporate welfare obviously this is another subject you know nothing about. Show me the line item in the TX budget for corporate welfare? Do you mean companies keeping more of what they earn? What a novel concept.

    I am convinced that you were the model for Gruber's statement as you show it here with every post

    LOL....the blue states generally have higher costs of living because people WANT to live in them. Have you ever noticed that the blue states are where most of the population centers are. Its basic supply/demand....but I wouldn't expect you to understand basic economics (based on your lack of understanding on economic issues) As for California's poverty....yes....that is an issue for California. I'm not sure why the poverty rate is so high, from what I've read, it is based in large part in the more poor rural areas of central California that have the highest poverty rates. Probably as a result of migrant workers who are paid very little....but unlike you....I don't try to gloss over the problems in California. Why do you? Why does Texas lead the nation in the largest percentage of people working at or below minimum wage? Let me give you a clue Con....it has something to do with those corporations "keeping more of what they earn" while they pay their workers peanuts. That's one of the reasons why corporations love Texas. They are given free land, free taxes and they have a hungry base of minimum wage or below minimum wage workers so they don't have to pay people to work.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #486
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    03-17-15 @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....the blue states generally have higher costs of living because people WANT to live in them.. . . .
    Wrong.

    Businesses and people are leaving California in droves because of the extremist Democrat party rule and its oppressive policies. Plus we are the 49th WORST state for unemployment.

    Nobody I know wants to be here.

  7. #487
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryOfromCA View Post
    Wrong.

    Businesses and people are leaving California in droves because of the extremist Democrat party rule and its oppressive policies. Plus we are the 49th WORST state for unemployment.

    Nobody I know wants to be here.

    That's a myth that has been dispelled over and over. Sorry.....just isn't so. Some companies have left, but others have moved in. There hasn't been the mass exodus that the right-wing wants you to believe. They obviously go to you though.

    You don't want to be here? Good. Texas would love to have you.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #488
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,582

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by d head View Post
    Filed does not mean paid.
    If nothing is paid there is no tax, only a filing.
    semantics only. you are filing to show how much is owed by the person that died.
    what a horrible argument.

  9. #489
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,582

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I'm not doubting that, but probate can take far longer than that, and a complete valuation of an estate can't be made until probate is complete. When my uncle died, it was nearly two years before his estate issues were resolved. Until some of his unusual assets were disposed of, no valuation of them could really be made.
    as I said it is a death tax.

  10. #490
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's here it Obama supporters how does taxing the rich benefit the U.S. economy and how much money is going to be generated to fund the liberal spending appetite?
    Let's not forget that he just instituted an entirely new tax burden on the nation with Obamacare.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •