Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #471
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by d head View Post
    You site that scenario as though it were common practice.
    Can you show that anyone has ever done that?
    LOL

    Get out of here. First, show me the law that states you can't turn your entire estate to powder and spread it across the ocean. There may be some enviro laws that might cause a problem, but the state can't stop you.

    People die all the time who hate their relatives, and frankly people in general. They don't leave anything to anyone, and they don't want the government to get anything more than they deserve, so they make stipulations on what to do with the stuff they have. I'm talking about people who have millions of dollars in assets. The estate pays whatever death taxes are due, and an executor, usually for a fee, since someone has to do it, makes sure the decedents wishes are carried out.

  2. #472
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ..."On dang, if only they had left it to someone alive, we could have collected some Cash-O-La".
    Pretty much, yea, that's what I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #473
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I would think that an inheritance would also have to be involved, even if there is a dead person. So obviously "inheritance tax" makes better sense.
    People don't always leave things to people. My wife had a client who left $400,000 to their dog. Tell me, does the dog sign the tax return with a paw print, or would an "X" scratched onto the surface work? Does the dog use it's SS number for tax references?

  4. #474
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,742

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Wrong. Creditors can and must be paid before probate. Probate is the division of the estate to the beneficiaries who are taxed if the amount exceeds the deduction.
    yes you are wrong.

    within 60 days of Death. it doesn't say within 60 days of passing it to someone else. it says within 60 days of death the estate taxes must be filed.
    so it is a death tax.

  5. #475
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is because BLS doesn't survey California or the 28 others states that have their own minimum wages. Your dishonesty continues
    There's nothing dishonest about it. You keep crying about California paying higher wages than the Federal Minimum wage. So what? It still means that they are making more than the large percentages of Texans and Mississippians who share the distinction of being the two worst states for wages. Its all those minimum wage jobs that Texas has handed out billions in corporate welfare to bring in. Sorry...but you can't dance and spin around the facts Con.....Texas leads the country in the amount of people working at or below minimum wage. Facts are facts.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    03-17-15 @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is because BLS doesn't survey California or the 28 others states that have their own minimum wages. Your dishonesty continues
    The good name of Walt Disney is being sullied

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    06-29-15 @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    323

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL

    Get out of here. First, show me the law that states you can't turn your entire estate to powder and spread it across the ocean. There may be some enviro laws that might cause a problem, but the state can't stop you.

    People die all the time who hate their relatives, and frankly people in general. They don't leave anything to anyone, and they don't want the government to get anything more than they deserve, so they make stipulations on what to do with the stuff they have. I'm talking about people who have millions of dollars in assets. The estate pays whatever death taxes are due, and an executor, usually for a fee, since someone has to do it, makes sure the decedents wishes are carried out.
    Your constant hypotheticals are growing tiresome.
    Who has ever willed their fortune be destroyed, and show that such an action was taxed.

  8. #478
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by d head View Post
    Your constant hypotheticals are growing tiresome.
    Who has ever willed their fortune be destroyed, and show that such an action was taxed.
    You lack of any relevant knowledge on the subject is tiresome. Get some, and come back.

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    06-29-15 @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    323

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yes you are wrong.

    within 60 days of Death. it doesn't say within 60 days of passing it to someone else. it says within 60 days of death the estate taxes must be filed.
    so it is a death tax.
    Filed does not mean paid.
    If nothing is paid there is no tax, only a filing.

  10. #480
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There's nothing dishonest about it. You keep crying about California paying higher wages than the Federal Minimum wage. So what? It still means that they are making more than the large percentages of Texans and Mississippians who share the distinction of being the two worst states for wages. Its all those minimum wage jobs that Texas has handed out billions in corporate welfare to bring in. Sorry...but you can't dance and spin around the facts Con.....Texas leads the country in the amount of people working at or below minimum wage. Facts are facts.
    Yes, and there is a reason for it, California has one of the highest cost of livings and highest tax structure in the nation. All of the top 10 states in the nation in high cost of living are blue states as someone has to pay for all those "free" benefits. TX ranks very low in cost of living which obviously is something you will never understand. Please explain why so many in California are below the poverty level and why your state leads the nation in that category

    As for corporate welfare obviously this is another subject you know nothing about. Show me the line item in the TX budget for corporate welfare? Do you mean companies keeping more of what they earn? What a novel concept.

    I am convinced that you were the model for Gruber's statement as you show it here with every post

Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •