Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #341
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    some things are so ludicrous that there is no need for further proof

    there is no rational argument that the top 1% use more of the federal services than they pay for. Indeed, the top 1% pay many hundreds of dollars for what they get compared to the bottom 50% who generally are getting federal services for free

    so when Pimps like Obama and his fluffers say that the rich don't pay their fair share-they are objectively lying
    I accept your "point" as conceded.
    Posting a white flag image would have been faster and more efficient use of your time though.

  2. #342
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,667

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    I accept your "point" as conceded.
    Posting a white flag image would have been faster and more efficient use of your time though.
    i accept that your argument is dishonest. YOu really haven't been around long enough to engage in such silliness.

    so tell me, why should the group that pays 40% of the income tax pay even more?



  3. #343
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    some things are so ludicrous that there is no need for further proof

    there is no rational argument that the top 1% use more of the federal services than they pay for. Indeed, the top 1% pay many hundreds of dollars for what they get compared to the bottom 50% who generally are getting federal services for free

    so when Pimps like Obama and his fluffers say that the rich don't pay their fair share-they are objectively lying
    I bet that top 1% benefit more tangibly from intellectual property protections than the bottom 99% and since they get that via the government, a 60% tax rate would still be 39% to their advantage.

  4. #344
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    i accept that your argument is dishonest. YOu really haven't been around long enough to engage in such silliness.

    so tell me, why should the group that pays 40% of the income tax pay even more?
    Because it is both in the economic best interest of the nation at the moment, and because philosophically they have exponentially more "to lose" if the government and the services it affords them cease to function or exist.

  5. #345
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,667

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I bet that top 1% benefit more tangibly from intellectual property protections than the bottom 99% and since they get that via the government, a 60% tax rate would still be 39% to their advantage.
    you are just making stuff up and people already pay massive taxes on the income they derive from intellectual property.



  6. #346
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,667

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Because it is both in the economic best interest of the nation at the moment, and because philosophically they have exponentially more "to lose".
    no we don't and that is a BS argument. the poor are far less mobile than the rich. it doesn't cost the government any more to "protect" a rich estate vs a tenement.



  7. #347
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are just making stuff up and people already pay massive taxes on the income they derive from intellectual property.
    What have I made up? DO you think a lot of welfare recipients hold patents and trademarks that keep other people from being able to sell crack or weed now do you?

  8. #348
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no we don't and that is a BS argument. the poor are far less mobile than the rich. it doesn't cost the government any more to "protect" a rich estate vs a tenement.

    Except that you do and it does.

    See the IP argument made above as simply one example of how you have (never) given this appropriate level of thought.

  9. #349
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,911

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    What have I made up? DO you think a lot of welfare recipients hold patents and trademarks that keep other people from being able to sell crack or weed now do you?
    Do you think welfare recipients are incapable of inventing something that would require a patent or trademark?

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Do you think welfare recipients are incapable of inventing something that would require a patent or trademark?
    have you ever hired a patent attorney?

Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •