Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Taking tax dollars from anyone today to the extent this govt. does it doesn't benefit anyone. We need about a 1.5 trillion dollar or less federal govt. and every dollar going to the Federal Govt. should go for Constitutional requirements which is for defense, judicial, health and human services, and that is about it.
    and that has WHAT to do with your OP?
    here, let me paste it for you, since you seem to have forgotten. PS, I'm throwing in a chortle, too

    "Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address | Fox News

    Let's here it Obama supporters how does taxing the rich benefit the U.S. economy and how much money is going to be generated to fund the liberal spending appetite?

    Class warfare is never going to solve the problems we face in this country and what ever happened to incentive to create more upper class individuals? Growing up I always strove to generate enough money to pay for a family that I hoped to have and fund charities that I want to support. My education process taught me the value of hard work and the desire to succeed. What happened to that philosophy in today's world? Why is it the Federal Government's role to tell the private sector where to spend its own money and on what?"

  2. #12
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Bit of a shame that capital gains will still be taxed less than regular income under this proposal.
    Social democrat is no longer an accurate description of my views.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    and that has WHAT to do with your OP?
    here, let me paste it for you, since you seem to have forgotten. PS, I'm throwing in a chortle, too

    "Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address | Fox News

    Let's here it Obama supporters how does taxing the rich benefit the U.S. economy and how much money is going to be generated to fund the liberal spending appetite?

    Class warfare is never going to solve the problems we face in this country and what ever happened to incentive to create more upper class individuals? Growing up I always strove to generate enough money to pay for a family that I hoped to have and fund charities that I want to support. My education process taught me the value of hard work and the desire to succeed. What happened to that philosophy in today's world? Why is it the Federal Government's role to tell the private sector where to spend its own money and on what?"
    So when the govt. increases taxes on the rich that isn't taking dollars away from anyone? That post has everything to do with the thread topic. Maybe it is your comprehension that is the problem?

  4. #14
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Bit of a shame that capital gains will still be taxed less than regular income under this proposal.
    Why do you want to penalize risk taking? People aren't required to invest in capital projects and do so to get benefit, taking risk at a higher rate discourages investment.

  5. #15
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Bit of a shame that capital gains will still be taxed less than regular income under this proposal.
    bit of shame that socialists hate investment and think it sholud be doubly taxed

    everyone should pay the same rate



  6. #16
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,808

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Submit a budget, let's debate it, show what you want to add with the tax money and let's if we can justify a tax increase.

    I don't think it can be done.
    What about budget line items for discussion?
    Such as this.
    Taxpayers Turn U.S. Farmers Into Fat Cats With Subsidies - Bloomberg

    Crop insurance, intended to safeguard farmers from natural disasters, has mutated into an income support mechanism that almost eliminates risk from agriculture, say critics such as Vincent Smith, a professor of agricultural economics at Montana State University.

    When last year’s drought drove corn prices to record highs, farmers with “harvest price option” policies were paid those inflated prices for what didn’t grow -- contributing to a record bill for taxpayers and record income for farmers. “There is no social justification for these subsidies,” says Smith. “This is a program that’s fundamentally designed to give money to farmers.”

    The U.S. has few farmers. So why does Congress love farm subsidies? - The Washington Post

    This week, House Republicans passed a rather unusual farm bill. There was no money for food stamps for the poor, a program that typically makes up the bulk of these bills. But the House did manage to pass billions in subsidies for farmers and agribusinesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #17
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why do you want to penalize risk taking? People aren't required to invest in capital projects and do so to get benefit, taking risk at a higher rate discourages investment.
    It's not about "penalizing risk taking." People who actually work for their income are punished under the current taxation system because they have a higher tax rate than those who pay capital gains tax.
    Social democrat is no longer an accurate description of my views.

  8. #18
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Submit a budget, let's debate it, show what you want to add with the tax money and let's if we can justify a tax increase.

    I don't think it can be done.
    Nothing is being added with the increased taxes on wealthier people...no extra services, etc...that money will go, presumably, to shore up loses incurred by lowering taxes on less wealthy people.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  9. #19
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Bit of a shame that capital gains will still be taxed less than regular income under this proposal.
    Do you make any distinction between short and long term capital gains or do you just want to collect more money?
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  10. #20
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Raising taxes should of been done a long time ago.


Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •