Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 947

Thread: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    do you know why? because of investment. I make far more than I spend even with the outrageous taxes I pay. so I invest half my income each year. and yes, each year I am generally wealthier than I was the year before

    why do I have a duty to pay more taxes when I already pay far far more than what I use
    LOL. no.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I didn't say they were illegal....but don't try to claim that the poor billionaires are paying all the taxes when you know for a fact that they avoid paying taxes by laundering their money in Cayman Island banks and other tax shelters.
    Where is your proof that billionaires are that significant of a factor in govt. revenue and are laundering their money in the Cayman Islands?

  3. #173
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, I have no problem with cutting taxes for the Middle Class, where did you get that idea? Still waiting for an answer to the questions posted
    You say that....but your rhetoric speaks otherwise.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #174
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....I'll take California's record vs. Texas any day of the week. California certainly has its problems, but Texas leads the nation in minimum wage jobs and is at the bottom or near the bottom in education and healthcare. Texas never saw a handout to a corporation that it didn't love....billions for the billionaires, minimum wage for the masses....welcome to Texas.
    Is that right? Seems that the govt. statistics paint a different picture, California has more people below the poverty level than any other state in the nation and more people earning minimum wage than any other state in the nation. Is that the record you are proud of?

  5. #175
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Where is your proof that billionaires are that significant of a factor in govt. revenue and are laundering their money in the Cayman Islands?
    Oh please Con....even you are not that nave.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    This country is doomed for failure when you take from those who earned it and give it to those who don't.

    Odd that Adam Smith disagrees with you.

  7. #177
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Is that right? Seems that the govt. statistics paint a different picture, California has more people below the poverty level than any other state in the nation and more people earning minimum wage than any other state in the nation. Is that the record you are proud of?
    LOL.....still trying the dance and shuffle around the facts? You have been shown numerous times that Texas and Mississippi lead the nation in having the lowest wages in the Country. Doesn't that make you proud Con? Why can't you just embrace the facts since you are so proud of the record of Texas.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #178
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh please Con....even you are not that nave.
    No proof??

  9. #179
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL.....still trying the dance and shuffle around the facts? You have been shown numerous times that Texas and Mississippi lead the nation in having the lowest wages in the Country. Doesn't that make you proud Con? Why can't you just embrace the facts since you are so proud of the record of Texas.
    Keep promoting that distortion, Texas has 500000 making Federal Minimum wage, California has 1.6 million making California minimum wage.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    03-17-15 @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Obama to call for new tax increases in State of the Union address

    Its would be fascinating to see all earners leave America for some place more tax friendly, then watch all the dopeheads and dropouts freak out when they realize there is nobody to mooch off of anymore

Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •