Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state poli

  1. #1
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,834

    Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state poli

    For some Police forces, the Bank has closed.
    Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state police - The Washington Post

    Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Friday barred local and state police from using federal law to seize cash, cars and other property without warrants or criminal charges.

    Holder’s action represents the most sweeping check on police power to confiscate personal property since the seizures began three decades ago as part of the war on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    For some Police forces, the Bank has closed.
    Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state police - The Washington Post

    Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Friday barred local and state police from using federal law to seize cash, cars and other property without warrants or criminal charges.

    Holder’s action represents the most sweeping check on police power to confiscate personal property since the seizures began three decades ago as part of the war on drugs.
    This is a step in the right direction.
    It would be better to bring back the Fifth Amendment in its entirety, but at least it does make inroads into the practice of seizing property without due process of law in violation of that amendment.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state

    Wow, a step in the right direction and from Holder of all people. Not sure what to think.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,834

    Re: Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Wow, a step in the right direction and from Holder of all people. Not sure what to think.
    Must have gone thru conversion therapy of some sort.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  5. #5
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,276

    Re: Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    This is a step in the right direction.
    It would be better to bring back the Fifth Amendment in its entirety, but at least it does make inroads into the practice of seizing property without due process of law in violation of that amendment.
    Or better yet, pass a new law repealing the practice of the old law.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Or better yet, pass a new law repealing the practice of the old law.
    Yep. Repeal the old asset forfeiture law entirely and go back to respecting the Fifth Amendment.

    Oh, and the rest of the first ten as well.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,089

    Re: Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    For some Police forces, the Bank has closed.
    Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local, state police - The Washington Post

    Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Friday barred local and state police from using federal law to seize cash, cars and other property without warrants or criminal charges.

    Holder’s action represents the most sweeping check on police power to confiscate personal property since the seizures began three decades ago as part of the war on drugs.
    good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •