Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 224

Thread: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

  1. #1
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Obama vows to

    So we have a Constitutional Scholar who doesn't understand that he isn't king? Congress makes the laws, not the executive Branch. Can you imagine the outrage if GW Bush took this attitude and was as arrogant as to not meet with Congress or to dictate to Congress? Just goes to show how poor of an executive he is and just how incompetent throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his way. So much for negotiation

  2. #2
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama vows to

    So we have a Constitutional Scholar who doesn't understand that he isn't king? Congress makes the laws, not the executive Branch. Can you imagine the outrage if GW Bush took this attitude and was as arrogant as to not meet with Congress or to dictate to Congress? Just goes to show how poor of an executive he is and just how incompetent throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his way. So much for negotiation
    Wow. Didn't even take you a paragraph to get into CPC mode. I'm kind of impressed in a very sad way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Wow. Didn't even take you a paragraph to get into CPC mode. I'm kind of impressed in a very sad way.
    You ought to be sad that we have a so called Constitutional Scholar who doesn't understand the Constitution and making laws from the Executive office. Now answer the question what would happen if a Republican operated this way and governed by executive order?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    How about go on offense against our actual enemies that are seeking to harm us and our allies?

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    01-16-15 @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    If only the Chief Executive would address the growing threat of islamic terrorism with the same vigor and bravura as he displays when dealing with the GOP.
    UncommonSense

  6. #6
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama vows to

    So we have a Constitutional Scholar who doesn't understand that he isn't king? Congress makes the laws, not the executive Branch. Can you imagine the outrage if GW Bush took this attitude and was as arrogant as to not meet with Congress or to dictate to Congress? Just goes to show how poor of an executive he is and just how incompetent throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his way. So much for negotiation
    Problem is that Boehner, and McConnell are just as progressive as he is, and are afraid to act like an opposition....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #7
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncommonsense View Post
    If only the Chief Executive would address the growing threat of islamic terrorism with the same vigor and bravura as he displays when dealing with the GOP.
    Oh but he does....World apology tours, and Foreign aid given to Hamas....I'd say he is right on que with his loyalties....Problem is, that it is America he is loyal to, at least not as it exists today, or in the past. Shame right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #8
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    01-16-15 @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    One potential explanation is that he doesn't necessarily view them as being 'enemies' to the extent that others do. See his support of Morsi in Egypt, and efforts to destabilize/topple secular states throughout middle east and north africa.
    UncommonSense

  9. #9
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You ought to be sad that we have a so called Constitutional Scholar who doesn't understand the Constitution and making laws from the Executive office. Now answer the question what would happen if a Republican operated this way and governed by executive order?
    Oh boo freaking hoo. "Republicans are persecuted! Everyone hates us!" Self fulfilling prophecy....

    Every President in recent memory has expanded the power of the office over their predecessor, and when a Republican takes office in 2017 he'll do the same. And you'll be leading the excuse train.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #10
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama vows to

    So we have a Constitutional Scholar who doesn't understand that he isn't king? Congress makes the laws, not the executive Branch. Can you imagine the outrage if GW Bush took this attitude and was as arrogant as to not meet with Congress or to dictate to Congress? Just goes to show how poor of an executive he is and just how incompetent throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his way. So much for negotiation
    Bush did exactly that. His administration dictated to congress. They bullied the government and the country into following their disastrous neo-con agenda, which exacerbated the threat of terrorism, wrecked our economy, damaged our credibility with the rest of the world, and pushed into over a decade of war. And it was done by exploiting a national tragedy, and backed up by the propaganda organization that your link is from.

    And you flip out over a few executive actions (which can only affect the operations of the executive branch or situations where congress has delegated powers to the president) and sports metaphor? How thin is your skin and how selective is your memory?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    How about go on offense against our actual enemies that are seeking to harm us and our allies?
    This is going on offense against our actual enemies.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •