Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 224

Thread: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

  1. #161
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by fred68 View Post
    My question is what did Republicans do with all those trillions? You do know that Obama is considered a miser when it comes to spending? Are you sure he spent it, or that it was just recurring expenses. No Republicans so far seem to mind their leadership's attempt to make Obama a failure even if America failed in this effort.

    Yes, I know Obama is called a miser because his spending is less of a percentage but still exceeds 3.9 trillion dollars. Here is the debt by President

    Reagan 1.7 trillion in 8 years
    GHW Bush 1.4 trillion in 4 years
    Clinton 1.4 trillion in 8 years
    GW Bush 4.9 trillion in 8 years
    Obama 7.6 trillion in 6 years

    You do the math, Republicans 8.0 trillion Democrats 9.0 trillion.

    9/11 cost the Treasury 1 trillion dollars according to GAO and the war on terror cost the Treasury 1.4 trillion dollars in 10 years

    Obama is a failure and there is nothing the GOP can do to change that. Results speak volumes, you ignore the results and buy the liberal rhetoric

  2. #162
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, no, I am not lying, Ask Disney?

    The state of the economy when Bush left office has Democrat footprints all over it as they were in charge of the entire Congress, purse strings and legislative agenda since January 2007. I gave you the GDP when Bush left office and I have yet to hear how the Bush economy hurt you and your family? It didn't hurt me at all nor did it hurt most Americans since most Americans don't own homes
    Any bad economic news since 2009: All Obama's Fault!

    Prior to 2009: Not Bush's Fault!
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #163
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, I know Obama is called a miser because his spending is less of a percentage but still exceeds 3.9 trillion dollars. Here is the debt by President

    Reagan 1.7 trillion in 8 years
    GHW Bush 1.4 trillion in 4 years
    Clinton 1.4 trillion in 8 years
    GW Bush 4.9 trillion in 8 years
    Obama 7.6 trillion in 6 years

    You do the math, Republicans 8.0 trillion Democrats 9.0 trillion.

    9/11 cost the Treasury 1 trillion dollars according to GAO and the war on terror cost the Treasury 1.4 trillion dollars in 10 years

    Obama is a failure and there is nothing the GOP can do to change that. Results speak volumes, you ignore the results and buy the liberal rhetoric
    Adjust those for inflation.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    02-10-15 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    171

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, I know Obama is called a miser because his spending is less of a percentage but still exceeds 3.9 trillion dollars. Here is the debt by President

    Reagan 1.7 trillion in 8 years
    GHW Bush 1.4 trillion in 4 years
    Clinton 1.4 trillion in 8 years
    GW Bush 4.9 trillion in 8 years
    Obama 7.6 trillion in 6 years

    You do the math, Republicans 8.0 trillion Democrats 9.0 trillion.

    9/11 cost the Treasury 1 trillion dollars according to GAO and the war on terror cost the Treasury 1.4 trillion dollars in 10 years

    Obama is a failure and there is nothing the GOP can do to change that. Results speak volumes, you ignore the results and buy the liberal rhetoric
    I look at an economy in better shape than when Obama entered office. I'm not much an Obama fan myself.
    He didn't capitalize on the Bush failure to push a liberal agenda like LBJ or FDR would have. Instead he reappointed left over hacks from the Bush administration and not one liberal by the way. Look at all his appointments. My question is still, why are republicans bashing Obama obstructionism when the republican leadership is on record for vowing to destroy Obama even if they had to bring down the country and the economy while doing it. I'm still a democrat, a party that will still do something for the little guy, although with the supreme court allowing big money to purchase politicians, Democrats wil move further to the right all the time. And with no media except corporate media, it will continue.
    Careful what you wish for with a country ruled by all republicans is what I have to say.
    Last edited by fred68; 01-17-15 at 01:49 PM.

  5. #165
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, no, I am not lying, Ask Disney?

    The state of the economy when Bush left office has Democrat footprints all over it as they were in charge of the entire Congress, purse strings and legislative agenda since January 2007. I gave you the GDP when Bush left office and I have yet to hear how the Bush economy hurt you and your family? It didn't hurt me at all nor did it hurt most Americans since most Americans don't own homes
    Seriously....LOL......it just shows how completely out of touch with reality you are. Try telling Americans that they weren't hurt by GWB driving us to the brink of economic bankruptcy.....wow.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #166
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Any bad economic news since 2009: All Obama's Fault!

    Prior to 2009: Not Bush's Fault!
    Yep.....its called the Conservative Shuffle
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #167
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Any bad economic news since 2009: All Obama's Fault!

    Prior to 2009: Not Bush's Fault!
    No, unlike you Bush AND CONGRESS are both to blame, just like Congress and Obama are to blame for the terrible recovery we have today with Harry Reid blocking Republican Initiatives and bills passed not allowing them for debate. All I hear is an Obstructionist GOP but never an Obstructionist Harry Reid. Why is that?

  8. #168
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Adjust those for inflation.
    Why? those are the numbers taxpayers pay debt service on not inflation adjusted debt. Debt service matters to everyone but liberals.

  9. #169
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why? those are the numbers taxpayers pay debt service on not inflation adjusted debt. Debt service matters to everyone but liberals.
    BLUUUURGH LIBERALS

    1.7 trillion in the 1980s is not the same as 1.7 trillion today.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama vows to ‘play offense’ against GOP-led Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by fred68 View Post
    I look at an economy in better shape than when Obama entered office. I'm not much an Obama fan myself.
    He didn't capitalize on the Bush failure to push a liberal agenda like LBJ or FDR would have. Instead he reappointed left over hacks from the Bush administration and not one liberal by the way. Look at all his appointments. My question is still, why are republicans bashing Obama obstructionism when the republican leadership is on record for vowing to destroy Obama even if they had to bring down the country and the economy while doing it. I'm still a democrat, a party that will still do something for the little guy, although with the supreme court allowing big money to purchase politicians, Democrats wil move further to the right all the time. And with no media except corporate media, it will continue.
    Careful what you wish for with a country ruled by all republicans is what I have to say.
    Your opinion noted as is your acceptance of low performance due to low expectations. Doesn't look to me like you have much of a clue as to how to do research. The economy has to be better when you throw a trillion dollars into it however there are still 11.2% of the labor force unemployed/under employed. Amazing how the economy is so much better than when Bush left office but Obama isn't getting credit, or maybe he is. He lost the Congress and the country is headed in the wrong direction under his leadership.

    You claim that the Democrat Party is the party for the little guy? Who is benefiting from the record high stock market, the little guy? How about African Americans from this African American President? What is their unemployment rate? Tell me what programs the Democrats under Obama have created that truly help the little guy?

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •