Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 130

Thread: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

  1. #21
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Is the video fake?
    I believe the information it contains is "fake." Where is the evidence?


  2. #22
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,818
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yeah I'm not holding your responsible for the way the article was written. That horrible crap is just the writer's fault. The only thing I can really fault you for is your misleading presentation via the thread title.
    Even in the title I was asking 'Is this for real?', so I don't know where you have a disagreement.
    Could I have worded the title better? Yeah, OK. Maybe I could have. Suggestions for next time?
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  3. #23
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Even in the title I was asking 'Is this for real?', so I don't know where you have a disagreement.
    Could I have worded the title better? Yeah, OK. Maybe I could have. Suggestions for next time?
    You did alright I suppose. It's a very Drudge like title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #24
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I believe the information it contains is "fake." Where is the evidence?
    I don't know. I was asking you if it's fake. I wasn't aware of it, but you seem to be familiar with it.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #25
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I don't know. I was asking you if it's fake. I wasn't aware of it, but you seem to be familiar with it.
    I remember when Beck had his show on Fox he had all sorts of conspiracy theories about Soros. I don't remember the details, only that it was garbage.


  6. #26
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Lastly, what do you think? If Soros is not legally liable, what about the possibly questionable morality of causing, directly or indirectly, the injuries, damages, fires, and police overtime?
    I suppose anything is possible, and truth is stranger than fiction, but I find this questionable.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Is the video fake?
    It distorts what Soros actually said, taking quotes way out of context.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Is the video fake?
    Here is what actually happened:

    This is what actually happened. Shortly after George went to live with Baumbach, the man was assigned to take inventory on the vast estate of Mor Kornfeld, an extremely wealthy aristocrat of Jewish origin. The Kornfeld family had the wealth, wisdom, and connections to be able to leave some of its belongings behind in exchange for permission to make their way to Lisbon. Baumbach was ordered to go to the Kornfeld estate and inventory the artworks, furnishings, and other property. Rather than leave his "godson" behind in Budapest for three days, he took the boy with him. As Baumbach itemized the material, George walked around the grounds and spent time with Kornfeld's staff. It was his first visit to such a mansion, and the first time he rode a horse. He collaborated with no one and he paid attention to what he understood to be his primary responsibility: making sure that no one doubted that he was Sandor Kiss.
    That quote from biographer Michael Kaufman.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Considering it is the Washington Times.. no it is most likely not real.
    PeteEU

  10. #30
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    That's right, Soros gave $33M to the Ferguson protests, in 2011. I assume this is the year they meant, as no other year is mentioned nearly as often.
    So they weren't activists in 2011 so it doesn't count? I didn't know there was a statute of limitations to monetary donations. Good to know.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •