Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 130

Thread: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

  1. #91
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    So he donated fund to charities and organisations who several years later protested at Ferguson. The implication in the OP that somehow Soros is partially responsible for the Ferguson riots is bull****.
    I would tend to agree but reserve my final view on hopefully more information.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #92
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Did he give them money before or after? It seems to me that if he gave money to these groups long before the protests he didn't exactly find the protest.

    Just admit that you was Soros and Ferguson in a headline and got a little woody.
    I admit it moved... a little, but not wood. Not yet.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #93
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Seems that you aren't backing up your assertions, where as I'm providing relevant citations.

    Fourteen of America's 25 Biggest Campaign Donors Are Unions | National Review Online

    Not so easy to laugh it off.
    Do you realize data from open secrets is by individual and is summed up to the organization they either work for or are affiliated with? Actblue for example is promoted by various liberal websites. The fact they are the largest is meaningless, in fact your whole chart is bogus.


  4. #94
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you realize data from open secrets is by individual and is summed up to the organization they either work for or are affiliated with? Actblue for example is promoted by various liberal websites. The fact they are the largest is meaningless, in fact your whole chart is bogus.
    That is true. However, if you look at the right hand side of that particular chart, there's the comparison between union and non-union, with the union side up by quite a bit.

    Now, have you ever heard of a union supporting any party or candidate that wasn't Democratic? I know that I certainly have not.

    So this meme that 'we poor broke liberals don't have any money and the big bad corporations give way more money to Republicans' is pretty false, wouldn't you say? Probably more accurate that they are fairly close to each other, and that was my point. Nothing more.

    Apologies if I really didn't make it that well, I was ion a bit of a rush, and perhaps I should have taken a bit more time.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  5. #95
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Seems that you aren't backing up your assertions, where as I'm providing relevant citations.

    Fourteen of America's 25 Biggest Campaign Donors Are Unions | National Review Online

    Not so easy to laugh it off.
    You're not proving anything; the left as you call it, has nowhere NEAR the resources of the corporate and I;m afraid to say that anyone who does not believe that is either stupid or lying. All you have to do is look at the direction of the last thirty years to see it as plain as day.

    Sorry man, but your "unions and their money" ain't gonna fly.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Oh geez. I swear, the only time the hard-right cares about what billionaires do is when said billionaires identify as Democrat or with Democratic causes. Doesn't much matter that the wealthy elite buys entire elections and manipulates our government like a puppet, goddamn it some Democrat donor gave a couple bucks to an organization that later used a portion of that money to fund a protest. The horror.

  7. #97
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You're not proving anything; the left as you call it, has nowhere NEAR the resources of the corporate and I;m afraid to say that anyone who does not believe that is either stupid or lying. All you have to do is look at the direction of the last thirty years to see it as plain as day.

    Sorry man, but your "unions and their money" ain't gonna fly.
    Despite predictions that right-wing money would flood the political system after the Supreme Court threw out key campaign finance laws, a survey finds that left-leaning groups, led by labor unions, outspent conservative donors like the billionaire Koch brothers in state political advertising wars last year.

    Outside groups — nonprofits, super PACs, business and labor groups, and private individuals — spent at least $209 million to influence state-level elections in the 38 states in the 2012 election cycle. Money funneled through party groups such as the Democratic Governors Association and Republican Governors Association accounted for nearly 40 percent of the $209 million.

    The study, released this week by the watchdog group the Center for Public Integrity, also found that groups supportive of Democrats, led by labor unions, outpaced their GOP rivals by more than $8 million in those states, spending some $44 million to aid Democratic campaigns.

    The findings were based on an analysis of data compiled by the National Institute on Money in State Politics and state elections offices. It focused on the states that had significant gubernatorial and state legislative races last year and had data on campaign giving.

    The findings challenge the popular narrative that business groups and big donors like the industrialist brothers David and Charles Koch would give conservative candidates a major financial leg up in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United ruling in 2010 that lifted many of the long-standing limits on corporate and union campaign spending, while effectively invalidating some two dozen state laws on independent spending by outside groups.

    “The narrative has been that Citizens United is just going to help corporations, and people have forgotten that you can take unlimited union money too,” said John Dunbar, managing editor for politics at the Center for Public Integrity.
    Forget the Koch brothers: Labor unions took advantage of easier campaign finance laws - Washington Times

    The findings from Center for Public Integrity study say your preconceived notions are not accurate.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  8. #98
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Actually, when compared to your facts, there is a definitive connection, and you've already admitted it exists.
    How do 2011 donations factor into Ferguson protests?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    10-03-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    10,734

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you realize data from open secrets is by individual and is summed up to the organization they either work for or are affiliated with? Actblue for example is promoted by various liberal websites. The fact they are the largest is meaningless, in fact your whole chart is bogus.
    The fundamental problem of the political Left seems to be that the real world does not fit their preconceptions. Therefore they see the real world as what is wrong, and what needs to be changed, since apparently their preconceptions cannot be wrong.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    10-03-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    10,734

    Re: George Soros funds Ferguson protests to the tune of $33M?? Is this for real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    How do 2011 donations factor into Ferguson protests?
    Because he funds groups that advance agendas built on lies and do nothing but create hostility, and help further divide the American people.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •