Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 358

Thread: Obama pushes broadband plan

  1. #301
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You are crazy if you think everyone has to make decisions for all of us based on what some contributor wants. It is unique to politics and dangerous by nature.
    OK, so you think people are all corrupt and the fact that there's no evidence that it's so is no obstacle to you. That explains a lot.

    Cheers.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #302
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Okay, so you have no idea what a political system that shares your ideals would even look like because you've done literally no research whatsoever, and you are completely unaware of what happens during the lobbying process.

    Right-o.
    Actually, I think our own political system was a great model until it swelled beyond all reasonable bounds.

    I'm not surprised you're holding pat on your "lobbyists are da' devil" nonsense, though. You'd probably have to turn in your lib card if you didn't.

    Cheers.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #303
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    [Re: positive for the business who pays them to do so......again 'ning DUH!

    What is idiotic is the constant pooh-poohing of the effect of lobbying by industry and the vastly greater influence it has over a vote by a single constituent. This denial is just so ludicrous!


    "Govt work to everyone else"? WTF? You think the influence of lobbying, which is carried out far more by Big Business....is doing so for "everyone else"?

    Good grief.....why am I wasting so much time on such ignorant postings from you?
    OK, I got you, the lizard and the redbird down for "lobbyists are evil".

    Your opinion is noted. Thanks for sharing.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    OK, I got you, the lizard and the redbird down for "lobbyists are evil".

    Your opinion is noted. Thanks for sharing.
    If that is how the bovine needs to chew the cud down, so be it....it cannot be helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #305
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Lobbyists do the leg work. They work {bribe} with legislators and communicate back to industry what's going on. Communication is a two-way street. You should try to learn something about this government of ours. You seem very interested in discussing political things, so knowing how our political system actually works would be helpful for you.
    I fixed it for you.

  6. #306
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,010

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Lobbyist;
    Whats your point? The right to petition govt is in the constitution.

    Amendment I

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  7. #307
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,972

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Whats your point? The right to petition govt is in the constitution.

    Amendment I

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    So you support government preventing competition then? If you're confused how I arrived at that conclusion I'd be happy to do a step-by-step breakdown for you.

  8. #308
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Whats your point? The right to petition govt is in the constitution.

    Amendment I

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    I just love how some people twist and spin the meaning of the constitution. See post # 307.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So you support government preventing competition then? If you're confused how I arrived at that conclusion I'd be happy to do a step-by-step breakdown for you.
    The competition can petition the government, too. So I don't have any idea what triggered that brain fart about linking "the right of the people to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for redress of grievances" with that silly-ass statement about "supporting the government preventing competition".
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #310
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,972

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The competition can petition the government, too.
    Okay, so you think that a person wanting to start out in business shouldn't just have to take the risk of competing with a more powerful company, but that they should also get in a bidding war with that company in order to gain the permission of the state congress to compete with that business. Is that what you're saying?

    You know, for the side in this debate most against government intrusion in business, they sure are picking the side of government intrusion a lot!

    So I don't have any idea what triggered that brain fart about linking "the right of the people to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for redress of grievances" with that silly-ass statement about "supporting the government preventing competition".
    Push those little arrows next to the quote. He was defending lobbying by applying a kinder meaning.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 01-21-15 at 02:29 PM.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •