Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 358

Thread: Obama pushes broadband plan

  1. #281
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Lobbying for legislation isn't the same as buying legislation. How can pretend you don't know that? Or do you really NOT know that? I suppose it's possible that you could be that clueless, but surely, it was just an act on your part, right?
    Lobbyist;

    A lobbyist is someone hired by a business or a cause to persuade legislators to support that business or cause. Lobbyists get paid to win favor from politicians. For example, oil companies send lobbyists to Washington to try to make life easier for oil companies.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    I have to admit, you are one funny person, very entertaining to read.

    Speaking of buying laws, isn't that basically why lobbyists flock to DC and state capitals, to influence powerful legislators into pet projects and other wasteful stuff?
    No, that's why you THINK lobbyists flock to DC because you've overdosed on the Koolaide. Lobbyists are critical to both industry AND government. And if you actually cared about reality, you'd probably already see that. But instead, you care about mouthing dishonest talking points like the one I just quoted above.

    I suppose if one is a conservative, he or she might see lobbyists as just good old pals with a lot of money to toss.
    You're good at supposing stupid things, I see.

    I think if I had a lot of money or were wealthy, I'd start up a dog farm or ranch, and provide care, shelter and feeding of abandoned dogs.
    Well, the great thing about this country is that you could do that. Capitalism and free market principles let you ply whatever trade you wish to ply in order to support yourself and create your own wealth. Enjoy.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I don't think either party is actually a stooge for big business. Mostly that's just small minded little partisan hacks demonizing the other party. The beauty of going through life clinging to the pseudo conspiracy-theory that the rich control everyone's lives is awesome for people that don't have the intellectual courage to acknowledge that their life is actually the sum of their decisions and actions. Much better to blame all our personal failures and shortcoming on a system where the rich hold everyone else back, control all the laws of the country and keep poor, helpless, people like yourself from being the superstars you know you would be if only the deck wasn't so stacked against you.

    Losers need excuses for their failures and that has to be one of the most coveted loser excuses of all time in this country. "The rich man be keepin' me down". Seems to be the sweetheart excuse for every left wing pinko that isn't a limousine liberal.
    "I'm going to ignore the changes in US wages, wealth and income inequality while I spout the typical BS about "person responsibility" because....well.....facing up to changes in the US macroeconomy is not how I graze...Mooo".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #284
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    No, that's why you THINK lobbyists flock to DC because you've overdosed on the Koolaide. Lobbyists are critical to both industry AND government. And if you actually cared about reality, you'd probably already see that. But instead, you care about mouthing dishonest talking points like the one I just quoted above.
    I agree, lobbyists are VERY critical for industry to influence govt....f'ning DUH.....that is hardly a defense for "the GOP is not a stooge for Big Business", in fact it is a supporting argument opposing the position..
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #285
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    No, that's why you THINK lobbyists flock to DC because you've overdosed on the Koolaide. Lobbyists are critical to both industry AND government. And if you actually cared about reality, you'd probably already see that. But instead, you care about mouthing dishonest talking points like the one I just quoted above.



    You're good at supposing stupid things, I see.



    Well, the great thing about this country is that you could do that. Capitalism and free market principles let you ply whatever trade you wish to ply in order to support yourself and create your own wealth. Enjoy.
    That was absolutely fantastic, thanks for the laugh.

    What's your favorite drink?

  6. #286
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Lobbyist;
    Most of the value that lobbyists provide is in keeping industry apprised of legislation that is going to be affecting them. You probably didn't know that. It doesn't make decent class warfare propaganda, so you'll never hear that from the people you like to listen to.

    Lobbyists also organize information and help with hearings. They are typically industry professionals and understand the legislative process. The government heavily regulates industry and industry relies heavily on lobbyists to keep good communication between legislators and the industry they are regulating. While I know that the pinko left thinks that things would be swell if we just regulated business without any input from business at all, our government can't let that happen because the constitution guarantees us the right to petition the government and redress grievances.
    Last edited by Papa bull; 01-20-15 at 05:47 PM.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #287
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Most of the value that lobbyists provide is in keeping industry apprised of legislation that is going to be affecting them. You probably didn't know that. It doesn't make decent class warfare propaganda, so you'll never hear that from the people you like to listen to.
    Sure.....the flow of "information"....is mainly from govt to industry via lobbyists.....not influence from industry to govt via lobbyists!

    Wow....just WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I agree, lobbyists are VERY critical for industry to influence govt....f'ning DUH.....that is hardly a defense for "the GOP is not a stooge for Big Business", in fact it is a supporting argument opposing the position..
    That made no sense unless you think lobbyists and "the GOP" are synonymous. But then again, you probably do think that.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #289
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure.....the flow of "information"....is mainly from govt to industry via lobbyists.....not influence from industry to govt via lobbyists!

    Wow....just WOW!
    Lobbyists do the leg work. They work with legislators and communicate back to industry what's going on. Communication is a two-way street. You should try to learn something about this government of ours. You seem very interested in discussing political things, so knowing how our political system actually works would be helpful for you.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That made no sense unless you think lobbyists and "the GOP" are synonymous. But then again, you probably do think that.
    I see that even at this level of conversation, where 2 related comments are conflated into straw, you cannot, will not, make a point that moves your argument forward. It was not my argument that needed defending, you are still stuck with 2 incorrect positions, the level of BB influence on the GOP and what exactly the main job of a lobbyist is. Your view of nearly everything we have debated today is so wrong...and has been shown as so......yet you insist.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •