Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 358

Thread: Obama pushes broadband plan

  1. #261
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,978

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    When I win the powerball or megamillions jackpot, would that be enough to influence someone, or should I just start my own monopoly?
    Well, that's the thing about America: it's about choice. You can do both, though it should be noted that you can't do the latter until you've done the former. So I hope that powerball win was a good haul.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    When I win the powerball or megamillions jackpot, would that be enough to influence someone, or should I just start my own monopoly?
    Sadly, I think the only way libs like you will ever realize that buying politicians isn't nearly as common or easy as you want to believe is to win mega millions and find out for yourself. Unfortunately, there can't be enough super powerball winners to do much to change the overall meme.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #263
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Sadly, I think the only way libs like you will ever realize that buying politicians isn't nearly as common or easy as you want to believe is to win mega millions and find out for yourself. Unfortunately, there can't be enough super powerball winners to do much to change the overall meme.
    Yeah, the GOP is not a stooge for Big Business....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #264
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Sadly, I think the only way libs like you will ever realize that buying politicians isn't nearly as common or easy as you want to believe is to win mega millions and find out for yourself. Unfortunately, there can't be enough super powerball winners to do much to change the overall meme.
    I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion....do you have a lot of experience in those closed small events between big donors and politicians? It seems as if without contrary evidence that if someone is shelling out a lot of money for a politician they are getting something for that.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #265
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion....do you have a lot of experience in those closed small events between big donors and politicians? It seems as if without contrary evidence that if someone is shelling out a lot of money for a politician they are getting something for that.
    I'll tell you how I came to that conclusion. The fact that the rich don't get whatever they want is absolute proof that they don't "buy legislation". The fact that despite all the incessant blather from liberals that it's so unfair that the rich are so rich because being rich means they make all the laws, you can't prove that such trite drivel is actually true. And that's because our system is 1 vote per person, not one vote per dollar. The really slow kids, however, are never going to figure this out. Maybe if they had money they'd see. But then again, maybe they'd just double down on stupid and think maybe the system is actually conspiring against them personally.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #266
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yeah, the GOP is not a stooge for Big Business....
    Well, of course it is just because you say so. Everything is however you say it is because you say so. It's just how you roll.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #267
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Sadly, I think the only way libs like you will ever realize that buying politicians isn't nearly as common or easy as you want to believe is to win mega millions and find out for yourself. Unfortunately, there can't be enough super powerball winners to do much to change the overall meme.
    Right, money is never a factor for a politician. It is ALL about conviction. LOL

  8. #268
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Right, money is never a factor for a politician. It is ALL about conviction. LOL
    Never? That's an odd thing to say. Absolute statements like yours are pretty silly and make a very transparent strawman. If you want to create a ridiculous position for me, it's better to make one that's not so transparent. Transparencies make poor strawmen.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #269
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Satellite broadband is extremely asynchronous and latency is very high. The only time its a good option is when there are simply no other options at all available.
    So you think dial-up is better?

    .

  10. #270
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama pushes broadband plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Well, of course it is just because you say so. Everything is however you say it is because you say so. It's just how you roll.
    Well that was your cue to say how the DEMS are actually the ones who have sold out to Big Business....just after saying how "hard" it is to buy off a politician.

    I'm OK with your denial of the GOP being a stooge for Big Business.....because I know that is how you graze.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •