Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    GENEVA — Secretary of State John Kerry voiced support for Russia’s attempt to convene peace talks in Moscow between representatives of the Syrian government and the opposition, even though some leading opposition figures have said they do not plan to attend.
    “We hope that the Russian efforts could be helpful,” Mr. Kerry said on Wednesday at the start of a meeting here with Staffan de Mistura, the United Nations envoy for the crisis in Syria.

    Mr. Kerry also praised Mr. de Mistura’s attempt to broker local cease-fires in Syria, starting with the contested city of Aleppo, saying he hoped it could “have effect.”


    Mr. Kerry’s support for the Russian and United Nations initiatives comes as the American-led push to negotiate a solution to the bloody Syria conflict, the so-called Geneva process, has faltered. The United States has not withdrawn its public insistence that no enduring political settlement is possible as long as President Bashar al-Assad is in power. Nevertheless, Mr. de Mistura’s step-by-step strategy to de-escalate the civil war is attracting growing interest among some Obama administration officials

    Read more @: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia


    Is this a sign that possibly the US is realizing that their "moderate rebels" are quickly disappearing, and that they are gonna have to choose another side to support?



  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia


    Is this a sign that possibly the US is realizing that their "moderate rebels" are quickly disappearing, and that they are gonna have to choose another side to support?

    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Pretty sure they just want this thing to end. Will probably mean carving up Syria and giving much of it to ISIS. Will that really stop the killing, not sure.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Kerry is a liberal caving like its cool. Obama and his crew just can't handle reality.

  4. #4
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kerry is a liberal caving like its cool. Obama and his crew just can't handle reality.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    See, leftism isn't about achievement or success its about feeling better about failure. What foreign policy successes have we seen with this POTUS?

    Russia's reset? How about their interactions with us about Syria? How about Iran? Obama basically ceded Iraq to ISIS and Iran? China? North Korea?

    This is an example of how destructive leftism is.

  6. #6
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    See, leftism isn't about achievement or success its about feeling better about failure. What foreign policy successes have we seen with this POTUS?

    Russia's reset? How about their interactions with us about Syria? How about Iran? Obama basically ceded Iraq to ISIS and Iran? China? North Korea?

    This is an example of how destructive leftism is.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Yeah feel free to use it at the appropriate time.....or this one.

  10. #10
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Kerry Supports Syrian Peace Talks in Russia

    Keep on hackin', fellas.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •